Retail Game Release Thoughts

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by _MG_, Aug 30, 2011.

1. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    I only got one game in last night, since I had classes this morning and thus had to get up early. Anyway, I still gathered a few things from the full retail game. I booted up a franchise with the Jacksonville Jaguars to check out all the new features they included this year while still neglecting online franchise. Here are some of my brief thoughts.

1. I don't like the new menu for offline franchise. All it is now is a small menu you scroll down in the middle of the screen. It feels cramped having all these different options from coaching, settings, games, etc. all in a small area on the screen that you have to scroll through. Why not use the rest of the screen space? Might just be personal preference, but it is annoying the HELL out of me.​

2. Frame rate is a little strange during team introductions, freezing or stuttering slightly. Kind of annoying but not really a big deal.​

3. Graphics are gorgeous, although the stadiums really don't feel as lively as NCAA.​

4. Gameplay is smooth. Had a lot of fun playing my one game I did.​

5. All-Madden is tough, but beatable. Jags game #1 is against the Titans, and Matt Hasselbeck looked like Tom Brady to start this game. Marched right down the field with swing passes to Chris Johnson and a nice deep ball to Kenny Britt. My defense held at the goaline and forced them to kick a field goal. However, besides this first drive by the AI, it really felt fair and fun against All-Madden. I got some pressure on Hasselbeck, contained Chris Johnson (as much as you can, he still had 120 yards on 20 carries) and forced a ton of 3 and outs. I ended up winning 17-10 on a late touchdown drive which consisted of Gabbert hitting Mercedes Lewis in the middle of the field and MJD breaking a few nice runs. Overall a very challenging game that was very fun. Not at any time during the game did I feel the computer had an unfair advantage over me. I would prefer CPU games to be on All-Madden for HK.

6. My secondary AI played great and the defender intelligence in zone situations looked very improved. No more just standing around in their zone doing nothing.​

7. Game speed felt FAST. Not sure if I like it or not yet, but this is definitely a faster game than NCAA.​

8. Because of this game speed, along with a hideous and annoying HIGHLIGHT headline above it, uploaded highlights will be pretty useless and bad in this years game. Also, we still are unable to take in-game screen shots like NCAA...which is disappointing because this is the best looking Madden game yet.​

That is it for now, and I will dig in deeper tonight and tomorrow. Post what you guys think.

2. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Yeah heard turning down the game speed a touch.. If we can.. Should be considered

3. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Yea MG i felt the same, I played two games vs cpu on all madden and two games vs Cimmy, and both were fun and competitive. I lost to the CPU but I feel like All pro would be way to easy

4. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

yeah I like the game speed better actually haha. NCAA seems to slow. Madden seems more realistic.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

I'm 0-4 with All-Pro in my Offline

6. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    hmmm..really?

7. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Let's add David....put him in my division ;) I kid I kid

8. sportyfan2000

sportyfan2000 Walk On

this game is much better than last year game for sure.

9. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Well, I get my ass walloped by the all-madden CPU.. but seemed to be competitive in the 1 user game I played.

Not sure what to think of difficulty yet.

10. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Forgot to mention, seem to be getting a lot of injuries in my games.

11. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

i might open mine tomorrow, ps3 needs a party chat. without it whats the point?

12. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Skype ftw

13. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

i am 0-3 on all pro, but it's preseason:)

14. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

is that normal amongst the ps3'rs? i just know the main reason my ps3 has been collecting dust for the past couple years, besides the choppier online play, is that i cant jump on the mic and get to know the guys.

15. DC

DC Shake n Bake

We usually have massive Aim blast groups which we have for Hard knocks. I know some guys skype and it's a very viable option. There is voice chat on ps3 though....

16. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

gotcha. i think skype would be the best route. we use that for the half loaded podcast. just trying assimilate myself into the ps3 world of gaming.

17. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Yea skype is great for podcasting and stuff..I used the ipad (iphone works too) when I skyped with JFace the other day.

18. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Love skype, Microsoft bought them out.....expect integration with your xbox live account here in the next year

19. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Btw.. I like 7 minute quarters vs 6 minute ones

20. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

I like 7 minutes!

• Like Like x 2
  21. Matt54987

Matt54987 Walk On

I am actually loving this game so far. The defense has you scratching your head sometimes but not like years past. I really like how fluid and smooth the game plays.