Retirement for WGW

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by whygodwhy1111, Oct 30, 2013.

1. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Long belated I must confess to myself and my fellow league mates that I am not returning to NCAA football and After Midnight. Across the last 4 years, I think I managed 2 complete years plus a couple half years in After Midnight. Sat through so many bugs and dynasty restarts, all the while sucking out every bit of fun from every crevasse of the game. From Spread option, Pro style, 2TE, run and shoot, fleXbox One, to my fictitious TripleHorn I tried every offensive strategy I could find. Alas the joy seems to have departed, crushed by the riggors of 60 hour work crunches, a new found passion for FIFA and my Seattle Sounders Bandwagon jumping. (With a couple nails from the looming AC4 and BF4)

I don't know if AM will live on at some point next year. EA may have canceled my most played game, but not my fond memories.

The mighty Triple Horn falling to the pesky UCLA bruins(recchem2000 )in the NC game
    PSU's Painful suffering at the hands of USC ( Dru50 )TJ McDonald, and some FREAK OLB sack machine
    Coming back from 17 down against FSU (Kapono ) without a defensive stop :)
    If Memory serves, an incredible overtime game with Navy against MexiRican35 ... I think I won check to an FB dive on 3rd and 20.
    So many Epic adapt or die struggles against Wyrmreaver ... What ever was working would never work for the whole game.
    Boom29 Miami teams that often shock Arkansas with there Perfect offensive performances
    The joyous Hailmary to defeat Texas A&M (Jayrah) And since I still have the video...

And of course, the greatest holding call of all time. Game winning 95 yard TD pass with 10 seconds remaining, call back for holding against Alabama ( gowazzucougs )

If any of you happen to get a PS4, Check out the game I have worked on for the past 4 years ( Particular the last month of late nights and weekends ): Blacklight Retribution. Its one of a limited selection of launch titles and its free (to play). So play it and send me all the complaints... I mean praise :) ( Its also free on PC )

Mostly I just want to express you guys rock, keep on truckin, and hopefully we have a game to play together in the future.

Be the Ball, Throw yourself

-Joe

• Like Like x 6
  2. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

The league won't be the same without you whygodwhy1111. All the best my friend.

3. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

I don't "like" many posts, but I liked that one. Are you doing a FIFA league or just play randomly online? I've been back-on-forth on getting it, so I wouldn't mind taking AM to the pitch. :)

4. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I am in the xbox league, but struggling to keep up. So much easier with cell phone lists

5. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

What's the time commitment like? I may just buy the game and join if time allows.

6. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

whygodwhy1111

Sad to see you go. The aging of the group, and EA killing the franchise indicates this dynasty and many others are on their death knells. And it wasn't holding it was roughing the passer.

7. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

8. Dru50

After Midnight

I've been on the fence as you all know but I am done as well. Best of luck to all of you going forward.

9. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

pretty small, its 2 matches a week. They have an A and B league with relegation after the season. So your aware, Fifa does not have online manager mode so its friendly online games with the a tally of results and goals scorers.

Offline dynasty mode is pretty good.

10. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

I guess I'll be buying FIFA soon.

11. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

i played last year and it was awesome... i really liked the online club thing

12. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

I'm sad that I wasn't tagged.

One of my greatest NCAA memories was against you, Whygod - you were the opponent in my only national championship.

I may check out your game on PC if I get a chance.

Best Wishes, Joe.

13. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Apologies, don't know how I forgot. I have very painful memories of Andrew Luck handing the ball off to my great detriment. Sometimes your defense needs to do anything and everything possible to make Andrew Luck actually throw that ball :)

14. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Wont happen.

Ever. :)

15. Dru50

After Midnight

If any of you are interested some of us (me, Zach, boom and cheez) are gonna do a 2k league for the west coast crowd. If any of you guys are interested let me know.