Retirement:

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by whygodwhy1111, Jan 20, 2010.

1. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Retirement:

Retirement:

The rise booted me out for not posting game summaries. I guess its deserved though I would have liked a warning. The fact that I did not get a pm warning kinda bums me out. I never missed any games in any of my leagues 4 for the last 4 months. I guess there are always ppl wanting to join new leagues and I am not worth the effort to keep around. It occurs to me that this would not happen(certainly not so suddenly) if I was a well liked member on the forums. I believe I have done a poor job representing myself, and the result is ambivalence to my continuing participation in leagues. I seem to have gotten on the wrong side of 2 many ppl. Perhaps I am paranoid, but it feels like there is a reason that despite my requests I still have not received my 2 national championship awards.

I realize this is a bit of a knee jerk reaction caused by being a bit depressed even before I found out I was booted from The Rise (happy birthday to me). I have been playing this game almost non-stop since its release and I think I am just worn out. Now seems like a good time to stop until next years version. My heart is no longer in it. My goal of proving my worth as a member has fallen woefully short.

Hopefully next year I can prove myself to be a more valuable member to the community.

I will leave you with this, my 35 TF highlight reels.

Hope to see you next year,

yGy

2. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

The fix seems obvious: post more. Be active, do summaries, talk recruiting, make jokes about Dakota being drunk or Emmdot feeding his players corn. It's simple shit really.

I knew you were active as far as getting your games in, but IMO it's more important to post on the forums then it is to always get your games in. If you don't add anything to the forums and you just play games, then your team might as well be CPU controlled because we don't get any info from you to put any stock into your team. That's what makes TF the best around and a great community for NCAA 10. The fact that Emmdot could post all kinds of info on a fictional recruit, talk him up, and me know about the MF'er and talk shit back about shutting him down is what makes this place great. It's fun.

I know you like this game a lot, otherwise you wouldn't have been in 4 leagues. Maybe it's good that you were kicked from The Rise, that way you can be a more solid, contributing member on the forums for your other leagues. Plus, I'm sure several members in this league, including myself, want a shot at that triple-option attack and Chase Lewis. I hope you reconsider your retirement and continue on with us.

As for those awards: I know they're a little slow on dealing those out. Be patient and ask someone (IDK who, Drifter or Ryno or someone) about it again. You'll get them.

3. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Everything Hippo said is spot on. The forum activity wasn't there and maybe you were just in too many leagues. Whatever the case may be, good luck in the future.

PS - Not getting your awards yet had nothing to do with you. I haven't sent them to Helli yet. If you notice no one has gotten their CTL awards from season 1 yet.

4. Emit Remmus

Emit Remmus Guest

Sorry to hear about your troubles bud, here's some advice for ya. In the words of Chris Farley: "We don't take no shit from anyone, We don't take no prisoners, and We don't take NO for an answer."