Retirement

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by johngalt11, Jan 23, 2011.

1. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

Hey guys I am sorry to do this but I am going to retire from the Uprising. I have been working the midnight shift and it his really hard for me to get my games in. I also am getting married in in less then 2 months and I am going to vegas for my bachelor party soon then Europe for the honeymoon. So instead of struggling now to get my games and then probably quiting then... I am gonna have to bail now so you can find a replacement.

To the guys that have been in the leauge the whole time it was a lot of fun. To everyone else good luck and thanks making this league fun.

P.S. I have no problem with any shit talking that is about to come... so feel free lol

2. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

I sent a pm to jfosh a few days ago. But haven't heard anything from him. I'm also retiring from the league. It's my least active league and im taking a larger role in another dynasty that will require mire time and attention. It's been fun

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Ouch. I was looking forward to playing you next season.

Well, to both of you guys, good luck and it was great being in a league with you.

4. Pac12Leader

Pac12Leader Walk On

Sorry Jfosh, I have scared off two more users with my dominance :D

On the bright side, there are lots of noobs in the new member forum looking to join leagues.

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

i think this league has jumped ship. I was only in it to really keep it alive. I have no connection or interest in making Tennessee a good team. I would vote for a shut down. Seems late in the year to start up fresh. I would rather concentrate on Wisconsin in tradition.

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

The fact that there's like four guys done and we've been on this week for 5 days tells me that interest is dying fast here for whatever reason.

I'll see what JFosh says but I kind of agree with the above, I mean we lost two of the best members in the dynasty in one day, wtf.

7. Pac12Leader

Pac12Leader Walk On

Any room in another league that's active?

8. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

9. Pac12Leader

Pac12Leader Walk On

JFosh, when is the advance? I know that some of these guys have other leagues that are of higher priority to them, but I think that we can get some fresh blood in here that wants to keep it going. I say that we open it up to all five start teams being allowed that are in the conferences we're using. Let me know what I can do to help out.

10. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

@jfosh where you at?

11. Pac12Leader

Pac12Leader Walk On

JFosh, I've got two guys ready to join the league as soon as you send them invites. You still around buddy?

12. Pac12Leader

Pac12Leader Walk On

Also, do we want new guys taking over the old teams like Nebraska, VT, TCU, Mississippi St?

13. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Fosh done gone absentee lol

14. Pac12Leader

Pac12Leader Walk On

Anybody have contact information for him?

15. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I'm retiring from the league.

I've sent Fosh a few messages about this and not sure why he hasn't checked in here. All I can say is it's 100% against the grain of the guy I know so I'm not sure at all what's going on. He's usually pretty reliable.

16. osudds2014

osudds2014 Walk On

I have really enjoyed this league, but seeing as i think i am only 1 of 2 original members remaining and that we cant even get a hold of the commish I am in favor of shutting it down or retiring

17. Pac12Leader

Pac12Leader Walk On

I don't think there's any reason to retire the league, we can easily get 4 replacements. I know that we're having trouble getting a hold of the commissioner right now, but he'll be back from his prison sentence later in the week.

18. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

ITS OVER BRO!! GOD DAMNIT!!!!

(jk)

19. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yeah I just bailed....NBA 2k11....bring it on Blaza Bitch

20. Pac12Leader

Pac12Leader Walk On

Advice on where a 2K11 league can be found?

21. jfosh

jfosh Super

out of the Pinta,,,,

@ajspeck
    @smlVICTORIES53
    @Hellisan
    @Pac12Leader
    @Mogriffjr
    @Blaza
    @jms493
    @osudds2014

Thanks Helli, I am actually pretty reliable. In this case definitely not. I apologize to all you guys who have (had) any interest in continuing. The Commissoner has been transfered to Pac12.

Good Ideas to keep it going. I will keep my team going, if we need to consildate conferences I will also move.

22. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I had told Juggy that I was going to need to quit and I was getting busy enough that this league was a bit much for me. Ever since we stopped playing games on a regular basis it's sort of been a relief, so from my perspective it worked out o.k.

23. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I like playing other games so thats why I really only like playing 1 dynasty. While I love that i have the leisure time to play but I dislike having like 3-4 nights in a row of playing NCAA....

When it becomes that I "HAVE TO" play instead of I "WANT TO" play I get annoyed.

24. Pac12Leader

Pac12Leader Walk On

All I want to know is..... Who's coming with me

[​IMG]

I really did not want to be the commish of this league, but I will step up to the plate and give it my best. I like that we only play twice a week because I feel that it equals the amount of time I want to spend on this game every week. With that said I think that I can do more to get things active around here.

Some ideas

- Betting lines for user games
    - Power Rankings
    - Scouting Reports for user games

In retrospect if I did these things the entire time we've had this league it would be more active on the boards, but live and learn.

I'd like to get a list of the people that would like to stay, because I can build on top of that.

Leaving
    AJ- Mississippi State (My thoughts, he's trying to go out as reigning champion)
    SML- He wants to spend more time watching real house wives, but his reasoning for leaving seems like this league is perfect for him. Two games a week, and little commitment should balance out with more responsibilities in another dynasty.

JMS - Tennessee - Do you want to switch teams?
    OSUdds - Staying?
    Helli - Staying and getting payback against Georgia next year?

To the rest who haven't spoken up, I'm assuming you guys are planning on staying?

Now on to logistics of filling the open spots

Do you guys have any objections about opening up to allow more 5 and potentially 6 star teams allowed?

My thoughts - we open up the Big10 and put four teams in there

Michigan, Iowa, Wisconsin, maybe Ohio State?

If you guys don't like that idea then we could easily get people to fill spots in the ACC/SEC/BigXII with all of the great teams that are available

Would you guys object to letting people take the teams like Alabama, LSU, Miami, Florida State, Auburn, Texas, Oklahoma? Or should we stick to the user teams that other people have used and try to fill them? I would like input from everyone and only count myself as an equal voter.