Retirement

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Selvy9, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

It is with great sadness that I announce my retirement. My xbox has finally, but inevitably, bitten the dust. I may or may not look into what it might cost to get fixed, but more than likely if\when I do replace it, it will be with a PS3. Thanks for the good times, if something does change I will be sure to drop in from time to time, but for the foreseeable future, my xbox career is over.

2. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Well that sucks the big one. Hate to lose you man, tough break. I'm still rolling on my original xbox too, thing is starting to sound more and more like a jet airliner every day, the disk tray doesn't come out from time to time and it's gone through it's share of freezing issues/disk read errors. I'm definitely starting to worry that it might die on me too, holding out hope it hangs in there until the new Xbox comes out. Anyway, you've been an awesome guy to play with, good luck with everything.

3. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

That's where mine started, the disk tray wasn't coming out, and the "tapping" the top of it was becoming less and less effective, now it just makes a horrible grinding noise, not to mention the red ring happening twice already. Got lucky and was able to reset that, but now it can't read a disk, can't open on its own, and it just blinks depressingly at me. youtube can't help me anymore :(

4. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Oh great. So I'm screwed.

5. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

Eh, I wouldn't panic yet, the door jam thing's been happening off and on for a few months. The red ring is new.

6. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

Selvy9
    Wow I just got back from my work trip and saw this. Wow...You will always have a SPOT here if ou get another XBOX or when 2014 comes out bro. Truly a good SIM balla and a cool person as well. You will be missed from the OTP. However like I stated earlier, you will always have a spot here bro.

G

ps: Any pawn shops in Iowa where there's an XBOX 360 waiting for you to buy for $50? Then again maybe I have been living in Asia too long. ;)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  7. bigrice25

bigrice25 Walk On

damn, hate to see ya go!!