Retiring

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Juggernautblitz, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Retiring

#1- I simply enjoy playing with G-Tech more than I do the Punishers, probably because the games are more competitive
    #2 - Bush league early advancement sim move in week 2 still doesn't sit well with me
    #3 - Limited time means I can only do 2 OD's and with a Madden OD starting, had to drop this or the East. I really would like to have the time to do this one and build the Punishers up to a contender but I can barely handle doing 2 OD's properly so 3 would be too much.

Enjoy the building process gentlemen.

2. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Alrighty, bye. Shame we can't remove cartoon teams from the league, so I guess we're stuck with the "Punishers".

I will say this - from now on I'm listening to my gut on who I want in my leagues. If I had to predict who would quit this league before the end of the first season, I would have picked the two that have.

3. Juggernautblitz

A cartoon crack, wow, good one Raz. I have never missed a user game, hardly ever missed a summary post, etc., in all the time I've been doing it, and I'm not new to losing so if you would've guessed me you probably would have won the pool. Congrats for predicting it after the fact though.
    You don't want people to quit your league, don't sim past their game well before the scheduled time. You know it was a bush league manuever and you never manned up properly to admit it. I don't hate ya for it, but you can't expect guys in your league to feel any loyalty toward your league when you do stuff like that.
    By the way, didn't you quit the East without at leasting posting to everyone that you were quitting? Hmmm.....
    Anyway, good luck the rest of the way.

4. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

I'm not going to get into it, because it's not worth the effort. One thing didn't go your way, so you spent the rest of the time in the league making little comments, and then you quit. Frankly, you complain about every loss anyways, this was just the complaint de jour.

The cartoon crack was actually made by someone else in a PM, and I thought it was pretty funny. Still hate having them stuck in the league, though.

5. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Easy guys. This could possibly get out of hand, and I think anything further should be discussed via PM's. I like ya both, so I don't want you guys in trouble.

6. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

This is called baiting. You drop a little comment in there, and then react when Raz takes the bait. This is your thing. It's what you do.

Just thought I'd point that out in case anyone missed it.

From now on, I shall call it "pulling a Blitz."

I'm not going to weigh in on who's right or wrong, or get into the long history of this kind of stuff. I'm just going to point my finger at it and say, "There it is - there's the aggressor."

Raz is counter-punching, nothing more.

7. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    That's funny, I had the same thought last night, just didn't bother posting it.:)

8. Juggernautblitz

Raz, I had a couple PM's come my way as well, about why you would possibly sim past me outside of the posted rules, in week 2 no less, but that's neither here nor there.
    "One thing didn't go your way"? LOL. The commish of the league, because of petty grudges or something, simmed a loss for my team well before the posted rules stated I needed to get my game in. It's not cancer or anything serious but in a league based on playing football games on a video game system it is a pretty big deal for the commish to force a loss on you.
    Let's see, is the guy who ignored the posted rules and simmed a loss for a fellow team more at fault, or the guy that took the loss and simply wanted a respectable apology that didn't involve still trying to blame me?
    No biggie, I don't dislike you for it and I'm not going to get personal with it. It was clearly a BS move and it was your call how you handled the aftermath. I would have cut out anyway because I simply don't have time for 3 OD's but that move certainly made the decision easy.
    Good luck and have fun guys.

9. Juggernautblitz

Seriously though, good luck with the league and I'm sure this will be a fun one as you guys build your teams up in the coming seasons. I will chalk that move up to Raz being a new commish and being jacked up about a new season and getting it moving fast. No biggie and I look forward to facing Raz in the fantasy football league. Maybe I can exact some revenge there.

10. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Clear examples of "pulling a Blitz."

Same here.

Look, the ways this works is, you say nasty stuff to or about someone, but you make sure to insert a few "Good Luck you guys" and "I look forward to's" to make it look like you're being a good guy. It's very much like that old southern lady who disguises the ugly things she says by adding a "bless her heart" to the end of a sentence.

"That girl is the ugliest thing I've ever seen, bless her heart."

And calling Raz some kind of rookie is a perfect example of the baiting I spoke of earlier, just like saying someone who simmed your game (which wouldn't have been done on time anyway) intentionally simmed a loss for you, as if we could do that.

If you're going to be a jerk, man up and be an honest one. This weak stuff has been going on for over a year now.

Se that? The indirect shot at a guy's manhood? That's pulling a Blitz.

AG