Retiring

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Crumbler81, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Hey guys,

I'm sorry to do this, but I'm going to have to retire from this OD and relinquish my Syracuse Orange. I thought I was going to be good to go to play on Heisman mode, but I was very mistaken. In hindsight, I probably should have played a few more games on Heisman on my own before signing up. At least, I now know that the game is only fun for me on All-American.

Good luck the rest of the way :)

2. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

You should take the bumps and bruises on Heisman. It will make you much better on AA. AA allows for more mistakes and the cpu influences the game more....but Heisman you have more control over the outcome

3. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Hmm....yeah you maybe right about that. After thinking about it for a little bit, I might stay at least for the rest of this season to see how it goes.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Donkalion

Donkalion Walk On

Hang in there bro it only makes u better!

• Like Like x 1
  5. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Good to hear you're gonna stick it out.

6. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Yeah, I played this week's game yesterday and didn't get blown out. I still lost by 7 but it was fun and I should definitely get better :)

7. onaradio34

Remember too, you have the least talent of anyone. If you get that squad to a bowl in the first few years, you have my Coach of the Year vote!!

8. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

We're not that far off, I've only been blown out once so far. The defense seems to be going pretty well considering we have like a C rating. I'm mostly having to rely on the passing game right now because the running game has been pretty poor. I probably have to win 4 out of my last 5 games to make a bowl this season, so it might be tough. I do have 3 user games left, so you never know. Hopefully, I can upgrade the O-Line and running backs and maybe challenge for the Big East title in 2 or 3 seasons :)

• Like Like x 4
  9. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Hey I think it's safe to say that I'm all-in for next season with my Big East bottom feeders!

Even though I've lost 8 games in a row, I'm having a blast struggling through every game. Looking forward to snapping my losing streak in my season finale vs @onaradio34's Temple Owls ;)

• Like Like x 3
  10. onaradio34

That would be par for the course for me this season. Every time I string together a couple wins and start getting some voter love, I lose.

11. dmanno2

dmanno2 Walk On

I'm in that same boat... I can win the big games, but when it comes to games I'm "supposed" to win, I find a way to lose. For some reason....It's still fun! ha