Reviewing the Sliders

Discussion in 'Freshmen Phenoms' started by Brandon S., Aug 20, 2013.

1. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

Jul 15, 2011
    So we have a small sample size of only 2-3 games with the new sliders but im loving the results (While most of you are probably hating it). I want to take a second and show some of the stats and how realistic everything is now.

Lets look at the B1G conf champ game:

PSU QB Christian Hackenberg FR 79 OVR 82 THA - On the season he now has 66% completion percentage which is high for only 82 accuracy and ridiculous for a true freshman.

Games since sliders changed : 12.23 52% 191 yds 2TD 1 INT

Rudock: 24/40 60% 311 yds 2TD 2 INT

On the season, we have over 50 QBs that have an average of 14 yards or more completed per pass attempt. In real life NCAA last year the leader in yards per pass was AJ McCarron with 10 yards per attempt. He was the only one to accomplish double digits in yards per attempt.

The yards per attempt with our sliders is SPOT ON with real life. If you are tired of bad throws, stop throwing it 10-15 yards every play and get your QB in a rhythm with nice and short passes.

Please post your experiences and thoughts on the sliders here.

Memphis Blue
    Cole Springer
    Da Rat
  2. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Dec 30, 2010
    I have no problems with the sliders.
  3. GDip

GDip Walk On

Jul 9, 2012
    my frustration doesn't come from the stats that are being generated now, I guess it just comes from the crazy throws that get made. And more specifically how unpredictable it is. I don't mind throwing an incomplete pass and throwing between 50-60% completions. but when passes go 15 yards off the mark and are put in a completely different area of the field that really gets at me. and it seems to come in spurts. for a quarter or a half things will go hectic, before calming down. most of the problems seem to happen to the road team, so at least that part is becoming predictable.

I know there really isn't a way to adjust sliders to say 'accuracy should be 5 yards off, not 15 yards' so not really sure how to go about fixing that part.
  4. TN_Mike

TN_Mike Walk On

Jun 23, 2011
    I think everyone needs help to get on my level, so here comes these sliders! haha!

I agree with the passing percentage being too high but it is frustrating to have guy break wide open, feet set make the correct read and throw and the ball fly right into the defenses hands. That seems to happen with these sliders from time to time. Plus, Play action boots are just about worthless if you can't throw on the run at all, and I'm talking about to a wide open target less then 10 yards away.

These sliders make the game more challenging that's for sure and I do enjoy close games. I was sweating playing Bama, got a workout playing a video game!

I seem to be gashing teams on the ground now, that's why I commented it may be too easy to run now. We don't have to adjust the running game at all if you guys don't want to, just know I've got a QB coming in with 96 speed and 97 acceleration and 90 throw power! Good luck catching him!
  5. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

Jul 15, 2011
    I havent had problems with throwing on the run, i scored a 3 yard td off of a bootleg throw in my game vs BYU. Its situational. And bad throws happen in real life too.
  6. Da Rat

Da Rat Walk On

Jul 13, 2013
    my first game against UGA (again crashed post game) was about 1200 yards offense w/ 900+ being passing b/t us. Sliders cannot fix this broken pass defense but it may end up making the stats more realistic, which seems to be what Brandon wants. If hte new patch addresses the gimmie plays and coaches joining late and not receiving credit, i consider it a success. also, what the hell does EA mean with a physics system? clearly they ignored mass in any formula they created. same old problems with a new system designed to fix them
  7. Memphis Blue

Memphis Blue Walk On

Jul 12, 2013
    I think I'm on the same page with everyone that is cool with the sliders. The only frustration is sometimes it doesn't matter what you do, the passing is just horrible and not consistent (ie wide open receiver, feet set and in rhythm, way off). Honestly, I don't know if that can be fixed without giving up the unreal numbers.

As to the run sliders, they are already adjusted pretty favorable to the CPU. If you run as much as me and -Cougars- there are going to be high rushing numbers, but they aren't outrageous.

I like how it makes the defense more realistic on both sides, so I say stick with them

Ps I reserve the right to bitch about the passing sometimes cause it can be frustrating haha