Revised Trade Committee and Trade Format

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by fuzzyl0gic, Apr 17, 2012.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

For offseason trades, you need to PM the person you are trading with along with the following users (once you have come to terms of the deal amongst each other of course):

Shaun Mason
    kdpnutter
    I Peench
    sawemoff
    and myself.

Say the Bengals and Chiefs were making a trade, the PM should look something like this:

Bengals Send
    Jordan Shipley WR A pot Age 25 74 overall

Chiefs Send
    Jonathan Baldwin WR A pot Age 22 73 overall

It's very important you include the players name, position, potential, age, and overall. The job of the TC is to evaluate if a trade is fair purely on an economic basis (is one team giving up too much, etc.), personal bias of different values of different positions and player builds will stay out of the evaluation. You need 3/5 yes from the TC to get a trade approved. You may now start sending your trade proposals. Let me know if you have any questions.

2. fuzzyl0gic

If you want to do draft day trades, you must be in on the skype chat/call. TC members will approve trades on the fly.

3. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

:( I wanted to be on the TC

4. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Can we institute some kind of limit on trades? At least limit the amount of draft picks you can acquire, especially 1st rounders.

5. Ghost

why lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. fuzzyl0gic

Why is that a bad thing? I'd just like to hear your thoughts.

7. fuzzyl0gic

Sorry buddy, 18 and up!

8. Ghost

Ahh hopefully i can be on the TC when M13 comes out then.

9. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

1. Because people are stupid.
    2. How many times has a real NFL team had 4 1st round picks that wasn't an expansion draft?
    3. How many players trades are there in a normal NFL season? We had 17. Let alone some of the 5-6 player trades we had.

10. fuzzyl0gic

Good points. Shaun Mason, thoughts?

11. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I would argue that these teams are teams that we didn't help build so the personnel very may well not fit what we are trying to do.

Plus, we don't need to worry about fans / families.

Had we done a fantasy draft or were we farther in, I would agree.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I get that point. I'm not saying "Let's do this!", just throwing it out there. I'm cool with whatever people think or whatever is decided.

• Like Like x 1
  13. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    While you make valid points, this is still a "game" we're playing. As much as I'd like to simulate the NFL, I'd like the ability to move some players and make improvements on my team as I see fit as the team you have doesnt always exactly fit your play style.. There are many more reasons as to why there arnt more trades in the NFL that we dont / cant worry about on here.

14. fuzzyl0gic

Thanks for the input guys. I think given the fact we only have four seasons, it a nice luxury to be able to move a lot of pieces. As long as each trade is evaluated on a case-by-case basis, I don't see a problem with volume.

15. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I do agree, I for one made a lot of deals Matrix Monkey but I have a certain way I like my team to be so in order for me to get it there it required some dealing to get it there. Overall I am generally happy with my team and yes I have 3 2nd round picks and 3 3rds but it also required me to eat a 32 million cap penalty for next season to get rid of some the TERRIBLE contracts the Raiders had. I was able to get rid of a lot of the guys that don't fit my scheme and acquire guys that do as well as get depth in the picks for a lot of the guys I will have to let go.

Each owner needs to get his team to their liking and sometimes especially just starting out fresh moves are hot and heavy. However, as the seasons go we see a decline in moves until close to the draft when we see draft picks trades which happens all the time in the NFL. (y)

Just my 2 cents on it Matrix

16. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

My counter point would be that no coach starts coaching the team they want.

17. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    My counter to that would be that I'm not getting paid $4 mil a season, ;).

• Like Like x 2
  18. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Very true, but as you see, after the first season a lot of coaches have a ton of turnover in players and new signings to fit their schemes. As Bill Parcells put it "You want me to cook the meal, the least you can do is let me shop for the groceries" (y)

19. fuzzyl0gic

The Panthers certainty did this with Rivera this past year.

20. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I only want 3 trades per season from now on.

We discussed this last year, I think it is necessary for the TC's sanity and overall realism. Trades are rare in the NFL.

• Like Like x 1
  21. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

How's Orlando going?

22. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Does this start this offseason? If so that sucks as I've already proposed 3 trades but I still have more (that I would have done instead of the others) in the works.

23. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I thought we had decided this last season.

24. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Good, sitting playing NCAA right now.

25. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    :-/. I asked around before starting my offseason process and everything I heard was that you planned on implementing that for M13, not this release. :(

26. AzureEffect

AzureEffect Walk On

I think that's bogus to be brutally honest because teams swap Draft picks all the time. I understand it from the standpoint of wanting to stay on top of everything and having the trade committee sane but this can filter in to "gameplay" discussion if you ask me.

I like building my team through the Draft and just because another team doesn't make GM moves to make their team more competitive or at least TRY and build from scratch or tailor make their time. Those of us who like to trade for certain pieces of the puzzle shouldn't be punished.

Trades either make your team better immediately or will get you better in the long run. I opted for the long run.

I think this discussion STEMS from Owners seeing a GM like myself have multiple picks on Draft day or picking multiple times in one round. The fact of the matter is; I had to suffer through my season because of MY decision to wait to the Draft to build up my team and NOW because an Owner or two is upset that people have multiple picks in the round we have to change it?

If this was restricted to three trades; Can we say three trades (Picks) & three trades (Players).

This is no different than somebody bringing up a Gameplay issue when they are losing; if you are winning...You really don't have anything to complain about. If you were a GM that likes to trade; teams having multiple picks would not bother you.