Revisiting my preseason predictions...

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by JQwon13, Nov 24, 2010.

1. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Obviously some were dead wrong and others were only slightly wrong but here they were.

1. Western Michigan WILL lose a conference game. Several tough matchups for the Broncos this season including matchups with Utah St, Idaho, Kent St, Arkansas St and Western Kentucky.
    Wrong- Western Michigan's only loss was in non-conference, but he barely escaped in several conference games... Won by only 2 against Army, was losing against Kent St with less than a minute and only won by 7 against WKU.

2. Eastern Michigan WILL win a conference game. Not much success in the past, but look for the Eagles to snap their conference losing streak against either Mid Tenn St or Army this season.
    Right- This one I was double correct on as Eastern Michigan picked up victories against both Utah St and Army. James Jackson was too much to stop.

3. UL Monroe will win the West. It won't be easy as it should be a battle til the end with every team on this side of the conference looking formidable but look for the Warhawks to get it done.
    Wrong- I was dead wrong on this as ULM struggled through this season and watched as rival ULaLa took the West crown.

4. Western Michigan will win the East. Yes, they will stumble in a game, but it won't be enough to cost them the East title.
    Right- Once again the Broncos win...gay

5. Robert Bolden will be the conference MVP.
    Wrong- Bolden might not have been the MVP for his team as Silas Redd was also very impressive, however it was James Franklin taking home the hardware.

6. UL Lafayette will struggle through an offensive transition this season and Emile Joseph will lead the conference in interceptions.
    Wrong- ULaLa always manages to find a way to cheese up the offense and did so with the help of transfer running back Mike James. Joseph also didn't lead the conference in Ints as Army's QB takes down that honor.

7. WKU will win 10 games if James Franklin stays healthy.
    Right- It took a bowl game victory, but WKU got their 10th win despite being upset by MTSU and then two losses in the same night against the top two teams in the East, Western Michigan and Kent St.

8. Kent St will beat Idaho and their "potato magic".
    Wrong- Considering I didn't do enough research when making these predictions to realize that Kent State didn't even play Idaho this season, it was tough to get this one right.

9. Adam Collins will injure more than one quarterback this season.
    Right- In fact, this was the first one I got right. In Kent State's first game of the season against Akron, Collins knocked out the Zips starting QB before taking out the 2nd string QB as well. The Zips were forced to play the rest of the game with their 3rd string QB.

2. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

to be fair Joseph got bencher about half way through the season in favor of freshman Brandon Ingram

3. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

Dude I wasn't even close. Didn't make a bowl. Not sure why as I didn't lose that many starting seniors, but my QB. The freshman QB I have should be a solid player, just wasn't ready this year I guess. Next year should be better, but should have about 9 or so incoming freshman looking at getting a lot of playing time. So we will see how it goes.

Also lost RB Newsome, but Donald is actually more explosive of a runner so I am not that worried there.

4. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Well thanks for making me look like a jackass...

5. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

You dont need any help in that department JQwon :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

This is where I would talk trash about beating you down this upcoming season, but I have no idea if we even play...Our conference schedule has me confused.

7. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

If you played UAB last season you'll play them again this season. If you didn't you'll have to wait another season.

But well done one the predictions this was defnititely enteratining. JQwon's BOLD Predictions should become a yearly feature.

8. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Yeah I'll do it again for this season... I'm gonna keep predicting a loss for you until you actually lose one...Then I'll claim how smart I am for calling it... If at first you don't succeed...

9. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Is anybody really surprised you got more wrong than right?

10. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

To be fair, one of those I didn't even have a shot at considering I didn't play Idaho...But just to even it up...

10. BlondeRedhead will be a douchebag.
    Right- Huge douchebag

11. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Haha I think that one needs a third party opinion