RFA Open - Offseason Details

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Okay guys, I've been speaking with Vince all day and it appears that everything is squared away. It looks like we are on track for having the draft Sunday night at 9pm EST. Please let me know if anyone would rather start at 8:30 or something like that.

RFA is open and you can now make sign/release decisions on any player's in red on the sign/release page of your front office. Also not that these ratings are pre-progression/regression - you do not have the luxury of knowing what will happen (although based on last year you have a pretty good idea of what should happen.) Anyway, my point is that once you make these decisions, they are final. We are not going to keep track of some guy who you want to see how he progresses before re-signing him. You either will or he walks into FA and you have to sign him back that way.

Given that XFN lets you determine the length of the contract on your own, we are setting a very strict policy on required contract lengths in order to avoid some owners giving every single player a 7yr contract (which is obviously very unrealistic.) For now, we are going with this - every contract signed/given from now on must be 3 years or less. If you do not follow this policy, your players will be manually dropped into Free Agency for you. Now, I realize this is very restrictive and may be difficult for some owners but there are literally is no other tools available to combat this. We could do a tiered or graduated system, allowing better players have longer contracts, but for simplicity we are going with a 3 year max. This is not up for discussion.

Also, there are some very specific roster requirement rules I want everyone to follow this time before we progress to the next stage. Make sure you are down to 48 players! Everything needs to be completed by Sunday 5pm EST - no exceptions. Any players not signed before this time will be dropped into FA.
    Now, lets envision a quick problem scenario. Lets say your kicker or fb is a restricted free agent and you want to drop them. What you MUST do, is pickup what we call a "dummy" player, temporarily, in order to meet the minimum roster requirements. BEFORE dropping your player from the sign/release page, go into free agency and sign the very WORST player at that position. Again, it will only be temporarily. Once you sign a player you ACTUALLY want, you can then drop the temporary "dummy" player with no cap penalty. The best way to avoid cap penalties is to make sure you are signing dummy players for 1 year deals with NO salary bonus. If anyone needs help or clarification on this, please let me know.

*Edit* Trades cannot be consummated but they should at least be proposed in XFN. That way we can quickly advance to the next stage in XFN, then actually accept the trades BEFORE we get started in the draft. If the trades are not proposed before the previously mentioned deadline of Sunday at 5pm EST - then I cannot guarantee that your trade will get completed.

I assume that we are NOT enforcing previous trades from last season. Feel free to make those same trades if they still suit you but if you do not want to, you do not have to. Fire up the trade forum!

The next very important business is Free Agency and the free agents. What I am going to do is place the "good" free agents on CPU teams so that they are not deleted from free agency when we run the draft. I will begin making a list of these players - if there is someone you would like added, please let me know. More importantly, Free Agency will begin AFTER the draft Sunday night. As I do not yet know exactly how Free Agency runs, please be patient and do NOT sign any free agents at this time.

Sorry that this was long but please make sure you understand everything before proceeding. If you have any questions, please let me know. Also, to the guys who are moving teams, post your final decisions here that way I can move your team on the XFN site.

2. Keller

Also please post here when you are finished - I will use this as a checklist to keep track of everyone. Remember the password on the console is 1234 and the league name is TMFL2

Owner Team RFA's Done? Joined on Console? 48 players or less?
    Jmustang1968 Texans Yes Yes Yes
    Gngsta4Lyphe Redskins Yes Yes
    Emmdotfrisk Jets Yes
    B0BJR0526 Ravens Yes Yes Yes
    ryty32 Bucs Yes Yes Yes
    DerekC Eagles Yes Yes Yes
    Keller Bills Yes Yes Yes
    bjbdahitman Bengals
    GovernedSpy Patriots Yes Yes Yes
    Darkwing Jags
    Matrix Monkey Colts Yes Yes Yes
    bringbackjimmy Cowboys Yes Yes Yes
    hoppedupford Giants Yes Yes Yes
    CWT 3000 Vikings Yes Yes Yes
    HovaTheGodMC Lions Yes Yes Yes
    antcap24 Falcons Yes Yes Yes
    capp34 Saints Yes Yes Yes
    fuzzyl0gic Panthers
    JSimms 49ers Yes Yes Yes
    I Peench Raiders Yes
    kdpnutter Broncos Yes Yes

3. Keller

4. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Keller

Re accept me on xfn please

5. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Keller remember I'm switching to ravens!

6. Keller

What team?

7. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

Done with RFA

• Like Like x 1
  8. Keller

Make sure you are down to 48 players as well.

9. Brandon S.

Yup, im at 44. I'm on top of things! Ready for that 16-0 GMFL Repeat!

10. Keller

What about Tim Hightower and your kicker?

11. Brandon S.

Cutting them, but dont want to go under the required minimum for positions.

12. DC

DC Shake n Bake

raiders

13. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Assuming the game is here tomorrow as it should be I will get this squared away this weekend. If not then I have no way of having it done before the draft, I just wanted to give you a heads up on it. Also I will away from the console for the draft, are we able to do the draft online like we did last year?

Keller

14. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    All done Keller. I had to Sign a crappy C so I could release Matt Birk. I am at 45 players

15. Keller

Then you didn't understand - you HAVE to sign crappy players and remove guys that you are not re-signing.

XFN is going to "try" and remove them for you when we advance. To make my life 1000x easier, I'm requiring teams to already be at the minimal roster requirements - that way XFN doesn't need me to intervene in order to drop players that are no longer under contract.

16. Keller

You'll need to use the XFN console.

17. Keller

That mean you're done with RFA?

*edit* nevermind I'm tarded.

18. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    LOL

19. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

• Like Like x 1
  20. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Keller

the picks are being moved to their correct spot right?

should we wait for pick trades until after they are switch or go ahead?

21. Keller

They won't be affected once I've set the draft order

22. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

=[ I want my trade and progression back.

23. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Didn't know the Raiders weren't taken? I gotta figure this out. In the team/contact info they are available and on the TMFL2 file they are available. Don't mind not taking them just trying to figure out who is available

24. Keller

Someone just switched to em

25. Keller

Updated the section on trades - Summary: Trades cannot happen RIGHT now but get them submitted on XFN before Sunday at 5pm EST and I'll make sure they get completed before we start the draft.