Rice4114

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by alemic, Nov 20, 2010.

1. alemic

alemic Walk On

@ThePaw
    @bigtubb_
    @whales30
    @axspecialk
    @runwhileucan
    @C_Breezy803
    @rice4114
    @redwings8831
    @alemic
    @titangator
    @bkhogfan51

Recently I took a look at the stats and Rice4114 has been play very very un-sim. I will not post up exact stats but to get the idea of how bad it is his WR has over 2,000 yards on the year.

Now first and fore-most I do not want to hear any bashing or anything negative towards Rice this is not what this thread is for. I understand many of us are not use to playing SIM style play, and just need a talking to in order to get things straight. If you have been tagged in this you are either Rice himself, or something I consider a SIM player. I want everybody to give me their input on what we should do about this and how we can help you Rice play the game in a SIM manner.

I have talked to him and what I am thinking about going with is not allowing him to use that WR for the rest of the year. It isn't much but honestly I am going to take a lot of the blame for lacking the ability to spot this way sooner than earlier. Due to his complete cooperation and understanding of the matter, all he asked was that we give him another chance and help him become a better SIM player and honestly there isn't much more we can ask from him either.

Just wanted you guys to weigh in on what you think.

2. ThePaw

ThePaw I'm so seasonal it hurts, baby!

Honestly, I think if he sees the error in what he's doing then I don't see the need to take away his WR. Take it as a first time you get a warning type deal but if I see it again you're WR or you're gone. It can definitely be something difficult to get use to (sim play) if you're use to doing whatever in your other offline dynasties or other OD's on other sites. It can definitely be a big transition.

He seems like he's competely cooperative that's the reason I don't see the need to take away his WR. He may just need to play some people on this site and get critiqued on his gameplay. I think that would be the best thing to do in this situation. It's hard to tell him what to change up without seeing what he's doing.

Just my opinion in all this.

• Like Like x 1
  3. alemic

alemic Walk On

Honestly I wouldn't mind letting him slide I just wasn't sure how everbody else would take it.

4. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I am not tagged here but I think I can add to the description of sim. Rice u need to open up the book throw multiple routes different plays and stay away from money plays.
    Work on balance or at least spreading the ball around more make sure you don't super sim and be legit don't run up the scores.

5. alemic

alemic Walk On

I actually meant to tag you as you had brought up stuff about him before. If you wouldn't mind keeping up with this thread and sticking by it I feel as if the more people we have here helping him out the better.

6. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

He was in the left coast and we discussed some of these things it does take some time but u gotta learn and grow or u get the ban hammer dropped on ur ass it almost happened to me

7. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

lol I noticed this a long time ago. I didnt wanna say anything because I was new to this league. Its one thing to be pass happy. If you have a Texas Tech type of offense I understand. However, even those schools spread the ball around and they run the rock. In one game he ran the ball 10x and passed 65x. Come on son. Come on son. Im not saying you have to be balanced. but milking one receiver is BS.

8. alemic

alemic Walk On

Tubb you are one of the most experienced members in this dynasty, anything you see wrong or out of place be the first so say so. That goes for all of you. I'm not saying call each other out on every bad thing that somebody is doing but if I am missing something (which I will do at times) tell me about it privately in a PM. Not everything that goes on will be dealt with publicly as some of you already know. I just found this one case extreme and was kind of at a loss at what to do.

9. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

65. Passes is the result of super simming which is cheating plain and simple. That is something most new members do not realize.

10. alemic

alemic Walk On

I with you on that one carloina. I think a lot of members come in here and super sim the game which if you are going to do that why did you join in the first place?

11. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

I dont know if that game was super sim....it was against VT....He would have lost by more than 15 and his qb would not have completed an 80yd pass. And, he threw 4td and no Int's. he just pass a gazzillon times and used an uptempo sttack. The problem he probably abused the no huddle all game passing to two guys. I can see a WR having a monster game getting 12 receptions for over 200yds. But not 19 receptions for 288. The second WR stats look more accurate for a monster game 12 for 146...however, two guys smh....lol come on bruh

12. runwhileucan

runwhileucan Walk On

Yeah, I passed 74 times in another OD while I was getting used to North Texas' offense. But after the first game I got into a balanced mentality and that's what he should do. Draws will work well even with a crappy RB as long as you switch through it at ideal times. There is no reason someone can't run the ball at least 15 times in a game. About milking the receiver, if it's the routes, just motion him to the other side and open it up for short and under passes. He can be a star player, but if no one else is getting the ball the cpu and actual players will key on him and you'll get picked off time after time. I don't think he should be banned, but I think if he can take what we're all saying into consideration, it will help him not only play sim but play better and with more strategy.

13. alemic

alemic Walk On

My biggest issue is that it seems he is taking routes to only this receiver or his second and not even looking else where. I need to see balance not only in the pass/run ratio but to all of the WR's TE's etc. Everybody should get a touch especially when your passing as much as he has

14. rice4114

rice4114 Walk On

I apologize fellas. We will have a balanced offense from here on out. I forget sometimes im not in my offline dynasty bubble and Im ruining the reality we all want with those numbers. I never simmed any of the offensive numbers I put up but it doesnt matter because I wasnt playing the right way. This is my 13th game with this league I believe, so I guess its something that couldve been PMd to me at anytime and I would of rectified it then and there. A public forum might be a little much. Anyway Sandifer is on self imposed suspension for the year and if its at all possible I would like his stats removed. Im here to have a good time and be a team player not be "that" guy. Sorry again guys.

ps- Alemic, run, carolina and paw thanks for not coming down too hard.

Go Aztecs!

Here is a message i sent to someone earlier in the season:

Im tired of playing like texas tech but I dont know what else to do with no oline and no running game to speak of. I play very balanced until i get down 2 tds then Im forced into throwing every down just Drives me crazy. After I get some recruits we will be much more balanced. At least I have a winning record. I think I will stick with SDSU and build them up. As long as I dont go crazy first. Damn WSU!

The next game i really ran up the score which wasnt smart. Ill learn to take my losses and live to fight another day.

The following is the week 5 recap I posted:

The Aztecs pull off an 41-38 OT win versus the BYU cougars to go to 3-2 on the year! Tough win at the end but it looks like the defense might be coming around. Gave up trying to throw to the other receivers besides Sandifer after several drops. The kid is a machine and it took every single yard that he racked up just to win in OT.

Passing ATT Comp Yards TD Int

Ryan Lindley 51 29 437 3 1

Rushing ATT Yards TD Long

Ronnie Hillman 14 60 2 14

Receiving Catches Yards TD

Game MVP- Dominique Sandifer 22 367 3

15. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

I couldn't agree more. Whats done is done. Good to see you are willing to play sim.

16. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Super simming defense is what I was concerned with, the super sim is set up for 5 minute quarters and if you play longer quarters it results in less time "simming" off the clock. This then gives you more time when you have the ball, more time means more plays, bigger stats, more propensity to score. If he supersimmed vtech when he was on defense he is bound to get a stop or two, and without vtech being able to control the clock and him running an air raid style this will result in him getting 3-5 more possessions. This is the concern.

17. alemic

alemic Walk On

The only reason it went to a public forum is because honestly I wasn't even sure how to handle this. It wasn't meant to bash you but instead it was made so I could get the help of the community not just myself but I do apologize for it.

18. axspecialk

axspecialk Walk On

sorry im late to the party and honestly i wasnt gonna say ne thing but i dont want ppl to think idc lol.. but i have played a game where the run was stuffed and i had to throw a ton.. but i have realized with these shitty teams u have to at least try to run it because if u get pass happy u will lose.. but ya just keep at the run game even when it dont work.. u gotta at least give the cpu something to consider in ur run game.. cant just throw every down every possession for 4 quarters lol.. ill tell ya what this one star dynasty is no joke man it really exposes u.. it takes skill like real skill and game planning and everything to win even a simple game here,, INSANE..