Richardson too much for Mean Green

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by ThePlague0208, Jul 18, 2011.

1. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

[​IMG]
    The 0-3 North Texas Mean Green traveled to Tuscaloosa this Saturday to take on the 1-1 Alabama Crimson Tide. The Mean Green looked to upset the heavily favored Tide and on the first play from scrimmage it looked as if the day was going to start on a good note for Coach Scott Henry and his team. Trent Richardson took the ball and went straight up the gut and was met head on by a blitzing MLB. Back went Richardson and when he hit the ground the ball popped up and was returned 25 yards for a touchdown. Alas, the refs took a look at the play and reversed the call on the field.​
    Trent Richardson never looked back from that first play. 34 Attempts later and 232 yards, Trent made sure it was HIS day. The Bama defense also showed up and forced 7 INT's and was in the backfield all day.​
    The one bright spot for the Mean Green was a 46 yard pass from Riley Dodge to Darius Carey. Dodge looked over the zone defense and hit Carey on a go route over the safetys head.​
    Coach Scott Henry said after the game, "I saw some bright spots today and we go into the bye week looking to get some vengeance in conference play." North Texas next opponent is Tulsa and they better watch out..........the Mean Green will get its revenge.​

• Like Like x 2
  2. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

you guys love throwing some INTs!!!!

3. TJM

TJM Walk On

lol i 2nd that. Youll get a W here soon tho. no matter who it is against itll feel good after your schedule so far. Is Lance Dunbar not as good or does the line blow

4. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Thx man my schedule has been ugly the first four games. Plus with the Pastors team stats table I found out that I'm dead last in the NCAA in defense OUCH!
    Dunbar isn't that bad but his line is horrible. He got a respectable 51 yards against that Bama defense. I haven't once been able to get positive yards with an outside run.