Ridgeback Roundup

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by DigginGraves, Aug 1, 2009.

1. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

Ridgeback Roundup

Its been an interesting start to the season for one of the NCAA's newest programs. The UOIT Ridgebacks split their two first games of the season with a win in week one and a tough loss in week two. Week three saw The Ridgebacks host Virginia.

The Ridgebacks were able to hop on the shoulders of Sophmore RB Rob Hardy who took 34 attempts for 150 yards. He managed a rushing touchdown and five receptions along the way as well.

UVA 27
    UOIT 37

The Ridgebacks travel to Kansas to take on the #22 Jayhawks in a tough week 4 matchup next week.

2. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

Emory visits UOIT

bare with me... forgot last night so this write up comes while I'm at work wasting time at my desk. (y)

UOIT hosted the Emory Eagles last week in what turned out to be the most interesting game of the month in the NCAA. Both upstart programs have gotten off to a tremendous start to the season combining for only three losses heading in to their contest at UOIT's Dog Pound Stadium.

The first quarter saw both teams show off their strong defense and scoring was kept to a minimum but these teams were not waiting long to explode on offense. Both teams made a big interception in the first half, with the Eagles returning theirs for a TD to take the lead late in the second quarter. The Ridgebacks would also force an interception and slowly worked the field for one of three early FG's.

The second half was much more wide open for both teams as points began to accumulate as soon as half time was over. The Ridgebacks were able to build a 10 point lead with less than three minutes remaining in the game. After marching down the field very fast for a TD, the Eagles made the decision to kick off the ball instead of going for an onside kick with just over two minutes remaining in the game. This would prove to be the decisive moment in this game as the Eagles forced the Ridgebacks to a 3 and out situation and received a horrible punt from UOIT that put them in excellent position with little over a minute remaining.

The Eagles QB and WR's simply dominated the secondary of The Ridgebacks for the final drive of the game and capped it off with a last second TD with 8 seconds remaining.

Final score:
    Emory 45
    UOIT 41

UOIT (5-2)
    Emory (5-2)

GREAT game HotRod... I have never been so dissapointed in a loss but you deserved the win. We shall meet again....

3. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Yeah it was an awesome game. It was huge for me to kick off after I got it down 3. I just had little faith in being able to keep you out of FG range if I didn't recover on the onsides. That was a HUGE stop on 3rd down though. You had a 3rd and 2 I believe and thankfully my front seven was up for it because they were being blown off the ball most of the game. All I know was that I was so geeked up after that TD to win the game. That drive and the previous one were the most tense drives I've ran so far playin the game. Def looking forward to future matchups.