RIP Joe Paterno

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by UofCWildcat, Jan 22, 2012.

1. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Joe Paterno
    1926-2012

A great man and probably the greatest head coach ever in sports. He was an innovator and a person to look up to. He started and ended his career at Penn St and stayed loyal through all the high points and all the low points. It's a shame he did leave in the way he should and honestly i think it killed him. But he will always be remembered as a Nittany Lion. RIP Joe Pa.

2. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I have a hard time separating him from the Sandusky scandal anymore. He was clearly a coaching legend and well respected prior to that story breaking. Now.....I'm not sure anymore. I know that will really piss off Penn State fans, but it's not my intent. I just don't see how Paterno can be separate from that scandal anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I have to agree with you dakota7. My cousin played at PSU and I know the type of coach and man he was but to ignore the scandal impossible and is part of the legacy he will be remembered by. RIP

4. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I agree 100%

5. Masler

Masler Moderator

I don't compare Paterno to Sandusky. Joe did what protocol of the university called for but should have had the common sense to go to the police anyway. It's not like he committed the atrocities himself. RIP JoePa, your legacy will never die at PSU.