RIP - Seve Ballesteros

Discussion in 'Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Golf' started by Jon Carroll, May 9, 2011.

1. Jon Carroll

Jon Carroll Walk On

I have been away for a few days, so not been at the computer much - so this is why this post is delayed, but somewhat overdue.

I have only been part of this tour and community for a small time, but from what i gather, most people here play golf to some extent in real life, follow it in the news or watch it on TV. Therefore, i'm sure many of you will appreciate the importance of recognising the contribution of a legend to the game of golf. All of us emphasise that real life comes first and foremost - and so i find it fitting to share my tribute to one of my all time sporting heroes in this golf community.

This post is to simply pay respect to one of golf's true legends. Up there with greats and a man who was taken much too soon. There are many great golfers in the world, but only a handful will be remembered by the first name. Bobby, Arnie, Jack and without a doubt, Seve.

Severiano Ballesteros was a true hero who really put European golf on the map and provided us with some fantastic memories. Many people, myself included, took up golf because Seve's charisma and approach to golf inspired us. Perhaps as a community and what i feel would be a fitting tribute, we could rename the Mediterranean Championship the 'Seve Ballesteros Classic' ... simply in recognition of one of golfs great. This tour is in its first season, and im sure it will run for a long time. Hopefully, in season 10 we will all still be playing in the Seve Ballesteros Classic. He was a great competitor, a man who played golf his way and ambassador for the game we all love.

"I was deeply saddened to learn about the passing of Seve Ballesteros. I always enjoyed spending time with him at the Champions dinner each year at the Masters. Seve was one of the most talented and exciting golfers to ever play the game. His creativity and inventiveness on the golf course may never be surpassed. His death came much too soon."- Tiger Woods

Here are just a few of the great memories that Seve leaves us (Fittingly to the Spanish version of 'My Way') http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sxhMpb1LJc

Rest In Peace Sir Severiano Ballesteros. April 1957 – 7 May 2011

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Great golfer

9 PGA Tour wins and 50 Euro

3. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

WHAT!?!?!? SEVE IS DEAD?!? WOW

I can't believe that man it was what like 2 years ago he played in the masters and now hes dead.

Much respect for SEVE, golf has lost a legend. RIP SEVE

• Like Like x 1
  4. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Fitting and well written post Jon. Just when things seemed to be getting better for Seve, a drastic turn for the worse resulted in a very quick ending. Very sad stuff, and it truly makes you think. May he rest in peace, and may we take comfort in knowing that he suffers no more.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jon Carroll

Jon Carroll Walk On

Thanks Basis. He was a hero of mine. I hope we can tie in some kind of fitting tribute.