Riptides...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Feb 13, 2010.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Riptides...

What is the possibility of you switching from the SEC to one of the other 3 conferences?

I know it basically means last season and all the resources you used were a waste, but what are your thoughts on that?

I would allow you to switch schools with know drop of in prestige. For the most part.

2. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Wow! That is a suprising request after the comments you made about time and resources when the whole ACC thing came up.
    Let me think about that.

3. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Hey Murk if Tenn is available I would jump all over that gig kind of like the anti Lane Kiffin?

4. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

UT was ranked in top 10 until i beat them in SEC championship.

5. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

oh ok I would take a team in the east but I hate FL and KY so that leaves USC UT and UGA I think it would be fitting if you let me take UGA. That would be funny. Who are the new guys taking. Why not put one in the PAC 10 and 2 in the SEC and then move Tulsa to the Big 12 offline. That way you have 3 in each of the 4 leagues.

6. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

someone is skurrred!!

Does Tulsa get an invite this season? Why dont you come to the Big12 North Riptides? then jman could come to the south at some point and we could fill the remaining spots in the pac10. that would be 4 people in each conference. or you could go to the pac10 if you wanted and we could put 1 new guy in the big12 and 1 new guy in the pac10

and york if you are that scared you could go to the pac10 with riptides and give me and jman the new guys to deal with in the big12 ;)

7. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I got something for you next season punk!!!!! I ain't scurd of the 4-2-5 anymore. I got some new tricks in the playbook. This team is still in a rebuilding mode. I went 11-3 with a shitty team look out in two years thats when I will have this team rolling.

8. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

This whole conversation goes back to what I was saying about maybe just getting in one conference. If things stay as they are, you've got Tulsa and Auburn in their own conferences. We said you could move on when you wanted to teams that were available. Jman wants to stay at Tulsa and Riptides moved on to Auburn. Now we're saying maybe there are too many conferences? If it goes that route and we need to trim down, shouldn't Riptides get first pick over anyone initially moving this season? And if we're saying Riptides has to move, shouldn't we also be saying Jman has to, as well? I don't think that's right for either of them if they don't want to move.

And if we're talking about Tulsa moving to the Big 12, I'd disagree with that, too. All of us had better teams that we moved FROM than what our new schools were when we took them. It would basically be like saying Jman could have the equivalent prestige school that he's at now, while the remainder of us had to take a 2 star dip.

I get that it's more fun and competitive when you've got more than a couple of users in a conference. That's why I brought up the single conference idea. But we can't then say a guy has to move where other users are after he's already spent a season playing as his new squad and recruiting for them. I know that's not what you said in your post, Murk, but it almost comes off that way a little bit, as it seems like you're wanting him to switch. I know I'm biased a bit since I know Riptides in real life, but I'd say the same for any other user, too.

9. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

I'm pretty sure I've said since the day I took over a 2-5 Tulsa squad in season one that even when the opportunity arose I almost 100% would NOT be going anywhere so my being a stick in the mud surprises no-one Parrot. As far as the moving to the Big XII, moving the lower teams if invited was talked about several times from the start as well if I remember correctly. I could care less if I can move conferences or not. If not i'll play 4 OOC user games every year if I have to and be happy as hell knowing I'll never sweep all of those. I've built this team literally from ground up and was 1 half from playing in the big game with my recruits, I'm having a blast and have yet to shake the boat in any way and I like it that way. Its not like me staying in CUSA and winning my conference every year is going to get me to an automatic BCS bid anyways.

The one conference thing was crazy for us IMO, good idea overall though, if that's the way the dynasty was started but not just changing everyone into one conference.

Not flaming you, I just tend to speak up when my name is directly brought into a convo.

10. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

No offense taken. I was just saying that if one guy who is solo in a conference should move, so should the other. Would have said the same thing about anyone if they were the only two, so hope no offense was taken on your part. I did know that you were planning on staying, so never thought you were being a stick in the mud.

11. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Why dont we just force the 3 new guys into those conferences. 1 Pac 10, and 2 SEC? That would be 3, 3, 3, 2, 1 with J having 4 user OOC games and a bowl game against a user as well. Im fine wit that.

12. Jman

Oh no offense taken on my part either. Just felt like I needed to speak up haha.

And I am a stick in the mud, but its all good lol.

13. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Do we have 3 new guys? Did I miss that post? Just haven't heard/seen anything about it, so I didn't know we had new people.

14. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

yeah Parrot Wes is looking at 3 new guys to fill us back up to 12. I don't know what teams would be available to them I think Wes is looking into that tonight. Oh and they will not be joining till after the offseason.

15. Jman

Its looking like it will be 3 good guys too in Papa and Knigh, and Dakota7(who most people will know I think).

16. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Jesus!

Did not mean to cause any chaos..

Haven't had a chance to read anything, it was just a suggestion. No, we aren't gonna do one conference, if you wanna do that let's just restart the whole thing. I just don't get that.

With the three new guys I'm adding we'll have:
    Big Ten - 3
    Pac 10 - 3
    Big 12 - 3 (possibly 4 because Tulsa will get invited eventually)
    SEC - 2

I'm perfectly fine with that set up, just trying to make everyone else happy.

good night.

17. Jman

You didn't cause chaos Murk.

We were just talking about salutations and once it was remembered we were adding players it was no biggie.

We're all good now haha....caaaaaaaaalm my friend, caaaaaaaalm ;)

18. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

yeah, well im tired! stupid banquet thing tomorrow too, then have to practice a speech, and i just saw the worst Mel Gibson movie of all time.

19. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

This has a lot of tension WITHOUT me. This will be fun...

20. Jman

You actually had to go see his new one...ouch.

I feel you though, running a table for Dual State all day was not my idea of fun either...at leas I got 18 holes in today though.

You know it!

21. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

So what teams are available to the new guys?

22. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

jman i am sitting in 6" of snow with 4-8" on the way the only 18 i get is on tiger woods thats not right to brag like that

23. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I think this distribution of teams is good. That's two user coference games and 2 ooc user games for most of us....sounds like a winner, let's go to next season already!

24. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Can everyone check off that they are ready to advance to transfers? I can jump on to live at just about anytime today but I gotta know when too. I am at work I don't have one hooked up to look but when we are ready I just have to hook up an XBOX and advance.

25. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I checked this morning and max and swag still haven't done theirs.