Rise to Glory: Contenders and Pretenders

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bigtubb_, Sep 5, 2010.

1. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Rise to Glory: Contenders and Pretenders

Contenders

1. [​IMG]Cal. The Golden Bears have been consistent all year long. Key wins against #15 USC and #19 Oregon make them at lock at the number 1 contender spot.
    2. [​IMG] NCSU. Who would have thunk it, the Wolfpack playing this good. The Pack have been impressive this season. Wins over the #17 Hokies and #25 Yellowjackets make the Wolfpack the #2 contenders in RTG.
    3. [​IMG] Washington. The Huskies last second loss to the #15 USC Trojans are the only blemish on the Huskies record. The Huskies win at #19 Oregon also helps. A upcoming game against #2 Cal should be interesting.
    4. [​IMG] Virginia. I know! How in the hell does a two loss Virginia team make it on the contenders list? Virginia loss two early games against #22 Nevada and a user game versus T. Tech. However, they have won seven straight games in a row since, including stellar wins over #21 Miami and #25 GT.

Pretenders

1.[​IMG] Ar-Kansas. The Hogs are benefitting from an inflated #9 record. This is the reason they take the number 1 pretender spot. The Hogs have two early season losses to Purdue and Georgia. However, they do have nice 16,000 overtime victory against #14 Alabama.
    2.[​IMG] Michigan State. Sparty comes in at Number 2 on the pretenders list. Michigan state has played only one ranked opponent so far this season and they lost that game to #7 Wisconsin. If Michigan State can beat Penn State late in the season they will move themselves off this list.
    3.[​IMG] Louisville. The Cardinals are an impressive 10-0. However, the Cardinals have beat cupcakes. The only team on the schedule ranked was a #23 Cincy team.

2. ThePaw

ThePaw I'm so seasonal it hurts, baby!

Good write up, I did my power rankings for this week and no one replied so I didn't want you to have to go through that. NCSU....CONTENDERS.

3. DC

DC Shake n Bake

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

4. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

LOVE THIS!

5. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

lol bk a lil hot!

6. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Because Mallett isn't the front runner for Heisman despite throwing 90% of the time and having 4-5 TD games with 400+ yards...EA's AI see's his BS too.....

;)

*Adding the proverbial fuel to the fire*

7. DC

DC Shake n Bake

i just call EA as a bunch of Nittany lion lovers

8. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

:D:D:D:D:):):HoosierHoo::HoosierHoo: *dies*