Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Nautica, Jul 2, 2010.
Rise To Prominence (RTP) General Discussion
All league discussions should go here
RMG:Rise to Prominence Line-up
BAMAJD: Duke Blue Devils
Mayne Event 41: Indiana Hoosiers
IIx Nautica xII: University at Buffalo Bulls
ParkerR83: Bowling Green Falcons
joeptc: SMU Mustangs
SuperbowlNachos: UTEP Miners
BIGFOOT999: San Diego State Aztecs
LB Fitted: Nevada Wolf Pack
timoteyo: Washington State Cougars
Outspoknpoet: Baylor Bears
xUGAx Bud Light: Iowa State Cyclones
JMustang1968: Vanderbilt Commodores
Anyone who has not registered that is on the line-up before the release of the game, will be dropped and replaced.
Really looking forward to this.
League Application Thread
Anyone who is interested in joining the league please post here.
This OD is a 1 or 2 star Rebuilding Online Dynasty, hence the name, RMG:Rise to Prominence
The R3AL M3N of G3NIUS are looking for highly active and committed SIM Players to join our league. Before Applying please read the R3AL M3N of G3NIUS League Rules, and if this league fits your style of play then apply.
Here are the guidelines when applying:
1. Provide the link to your new member application.
2. Have you read and agree with the league rules?
3. What is it that you feel that you could bring to the league that other applicants wont?
4. This league requires a high level of involvement, do you feel that you can meet the requirements of the league?
5. Give a quick bio of yourself.
6. Who, in your opinion, is the greatest to ever play college football?
7. How many Dynasties are you currently involved in?
When a position becomes available, I will contact applicants. This is going to go by a first come first serve basis and please remember that not every applicant will be accepted. Applicants are required to play in a tryout game before being accepted into an RMG league OD.
i saw somethin where they will have coaching contract offers in online dynasty. with this being possible an this kind of dynasty. i think we should take advantage of that but set some kinda rules to it also incase they make it too easy to go to big schools (like they do sometimes) what yall think?
Well switching teams would defeat the purpose of rebuilding a team, but we could use this. Lets say that in 5 seasons all of our teams are powerhouses. If we could take positions with lower tier team and start rebuilding again, it would bring some serious longevity to this OD. The only thing is that spending that much time building up a team, you don't want to get rid of it.
Contract offers is not in online dynasty for 11'. I am pretty sure Hellisan confirmed that at E3.
one of the dudes who has a copy said its in there.thats why i mentioned it. i posted the link to where dude said so on os.
and as far as all that, i looked at it like this...its rise to prominence. so we start wit bottom teams, and if we are doing good we get to the major conferences and teams. i say it should be guidelines tho so it makes it harder. like im nevada, a 2 star team. 1 thing should be like you have to wait til your contract is up to switch teams. Then you can only switch to a team 1 star higher than you. it would take a good while to move up to a 6 star team from 2! lol
this is the link to where dude said it was in
Are yall playing with the full 12 users or limiting it to 9?
We can circumvent that, I will just take the OD down simulate past that point, and post who gets an offer and who doesn't. You can then decide what you want to do, i'll get it done and then I can just put it back online. If we decide to do that. Personally I want to keep the team I have and build them into a powerhouse. I think that is better than inheriting one. That is how coaches become legends.
I think i'd much rather rock with one school and just build a dynasty there.... you put all that work into recruitin' the types of players you want... you go to another school, regardless if its higher prestige, you have to built around ya style all over again....
See i look @ it like i wanna take a small team to the top...then when i build them into a powerhouse, move on to a troubled school and build them into a powerhouse...jus like real life. Cus in real life nevada should never even see a national championship game! So id wanna do big things with them and hope a team like nebraska wants me to take them back to the powerhouse they once were!
I agree. I want to take my 2* and try to build them up throughout the course of this dynasty.
Is this the quote?
"Coach contracts and goals are in online dynasty. This means you may be able to get fired and switch jobs. More to come."
He said may... I think russell said you cant
yea, i dont get what the point of havin contracts and goals would be then tho if u cant switch schools!?! did Russ say its no contracts or no carousel? cus carousel could be somethin more in depth like the coach moving and playbooks/styles going with them as well as the cpu doin shit on they own. idk, i hope it is tho and dude aint jus make that up lol
I think goals are connected to how you gain prestige stars
I hope it is too, thatd be awesome.
Here is the post though:
[ame="http://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/showpost.php?p=223873&postcount=36"]Tradition Online - View Single Post - Post your E3 questions[/ame]
Helli asked the Dev and said coaching carousel is not in
3. Have played in leagues consistantly since NCAA 06 I believe (Howard on the front.) Was a commish at NCAA Dynasty Leagues, one of the few PS2 117 team leagues. So I have been around the block and know what kind of commitment it takes.
4. Yes, as I said before. I was a commish of a few conferences before, so I know the involvement needed and actually enjoy it.
5. 25 and live in Cincinnati. Passion is pro football, but like playing NCAA rather than Madden.
6. It is hard to argue Tebows numbers but McNabb was the last QB to have any glory with the Cuse, so I will go with him.
Desired User vs User games
I know we have talked about this before, but if there are any user games besides that are on the schedule already, that you would like me to schedule, please post them here.
I have no User requests, but I would like a piece of Texas every year, just to see where the program is.
Me and Rugged talked bout movin' our Army-Navy Matchup to week 1 if that's ok.... other then that I'll play whoever wants to play me.... But I don't wanna remove the Notre Dame or Air Force games.... Hit me up if ya wanna play me
2. Yes and Yes
3. The desire to get better while having fun, I like to win but i get just as much out of it to get better and help others get better, i have been known around various communities and websites (maddenhelp in general) for posting guides and playing unranked and just working on getting better, and I am an ambassador for the college i am attending and consider myself to be very good at interacting with people
4. Absolutely and i hope everyone else can also
5. I am in love with football video games madden and ncaa football have had a large impact on my life (my friends and i play alot and thats how me and my father hung out when i was young and every once in a while still do) i want to win but not to the point to where i will glitch or cheese.
6. Bo Jackson (although i am a huge bama fan) By the time that he ends his college career I believe Trent Richardson will be near the top tho
Separate names with a comma.