Rivalry Finale

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Diddy81, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Rivalry Finale

[​IMG]

A lot of teams are wrapping up there 12 game regular season this weekend. Most of these teams play their instate or long time rivals to keep championship hopes alive or merely playing for bragging rights and recruiting edges.

Auburn vs Alabama

The Iron Bowl - Auburn takes on undefeated defending National champion Alabama in the 2010 edition of this rivalry. Auburn is playing for pride and an upgrade in the bowl season. Alabama has stamped their ticket to Atlanta to face the Gators for the SEC crown. Can Auburn be the first team to knock off the Crimson Tide this season?

Florida vs Florida St.

The Sunshine Showdown- Florida has played their way into the SEC Championship game despite a 3 week skid. Florida St. had the ACC Atlantic locked but faltered down the stretch giving way to Clemson. This game is for bowl upgrades and state bragging rights.

Georgia vs Georgia Tech

Clean-Old Fashioned Hate- Another SEC-ACC in-state rivalry. Tech is going to the ACC Championship game and would like to keep that one loss in the right hand column of their record. Georgia had to win out in the SEC to go to Atlanta but dropped games to Florida and Auburn. Another game for bragging rights.

Texas vs Texas A&M

Lone Star Showdown - This game was looking like it was going to be for the Big 12 South crown at one point this season. Oklahoma was having none of that so Texas and Texas A and M are playing for state bragging rights and bowl upgrades.

Other games of note

Houston vs Texas Tech- Potts vs Keenum (unless someones hurt)
    USF vs Miami (instate battle)
    Nebraska vs Colorado (always a thanksgiving classic)​

2. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Texas Tech dominates and Starters get entire 4th quarter off and part of 3rd quarter as 52-24. Tech finishes 9-3 for the year

3. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

Everyone should watch out for Texas Tech next year, ND has pulled his shit together and finishes strong, you did what the men before you couldnt do, beat Oklahoma. And after things looked dismal early you came back hard, great year ND

4. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Bama to care of business in the Iron Bowl.

After the game coach Onaradio34 had this to say, "After playing this Alabama team, Im not sure that we did Florida any favors. Good luck to Coach Meyer, he is gonna need it. If Bama is nnot a national championship team, then i dont know who is."

5. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Thanks man. It took awhile to get comfortable with the team since it was such a pass heavy team and i love to run the ball. Finally got to a mix where it worked

6. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

on you faired much better than I. I don't know how I can attack those guys.

7. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

NO UNC vs. DUKE...GEEZZ..lol..I kno I know..basketball

8. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Gators hold on 21-17 despite late rally by Seminoles GG whoever I played