Rivalry Games ...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Rivalry Games ...

... are hella tough. Illinois isn't very good, but they were at home, and they had my number. I won 28-24, but it was no picnic. Down 10-7 at the half, fumbling every good drive I could manage, and just getting torched through the air. It was this kind of day:

Illinois jumps seven straight snaps. On the eighth play, I attempt my first fake snap - and I get a five yard penalty.

I go up 28-10 in the fourth, kick-off, and Illinois cuts through me like butter, scores, gets two, gets the onside kick, and scores again. :04 seconds left = the only reason I didn't cry like a little girl.

Some days, the CPU just has your number. I managed to hang on, but I gotta go to Camp Randall, and to Iowa. A big ten title is going to be a tough get. I couldn't be happier about that.

Hope you guys have as much fun as I just did, even if I did poop myself just a little bit.:eek:

2. JustASample

JustASample Walk On

F#$K, S$%T, Damn!!!!!! UVA, Freshman RB took his 1st carry of the game 80yards for a score after breaking 4-5 tackles.......

Other then that. The game played great. I was able to run the ball better, not great but better. I had 2 pick 6's. Got good pressure on the QB.

3. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

love the sliders. love em. still have no idea how you guys stuff the run so much. my front 7 get glued to linemen and can NOT get off. but my front 7 is also extremely inexperienced. so i like it. LOVE the run game.

and arch, i played at nc state, no rival, but darn if i didn't also get the 7 straight jumped snaps (at the end on my last winning drive) only to try a fake snap and get called for false start. lame.

false start down 5?

4. brucebond

brucebond Walk On

have we considered bumping the false start slider down and bumping the offsides slider up?

5. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I think they're both at 100. I think the false start should come down. I mean, I haven't had a d-lineman jump yet this year. You guys?

I'm seeing an adjustment coming. But what should it look like?

6. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

don't know. im ALL for more penalties and such but the penalty is broken if you can't even use fake snap. there is no benefit to using it...so why only be penalized for it. lower it and at least we can have a realistic keep the defenese out of constant jump snaps in those crazy situations.