Rivalry Week: 2014

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by H22APWRD94, Sep 19, 2012.

?

What is the most meaningful Rivalry game this week? Before you vote, check the implications!!!

1. Michigan @ #15 Ohio State

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nebraska @ #1 Iowa

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Ole Miss @ #14 Miss St

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. #4 Florida @ #17 Florida State

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. South Carolina @ #2 Clemson

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. #6 Virginia Tech @ Virginia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. #19 Oregon @ Oregon State

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. #3 Notre Dame @ #7 USC

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  1. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Michigan @ Ohio State

While neither has had spectacular seasons, both still have something to play for. Michigan, stomp that school to the south, and keep them out of the spotlight of the B1G Conference Championship game. It will validate an otherwise inglorious season. Ohio State wants to be back in the CCG, and all they have to do is beat the school to the north. They did it last year, at the Big House, but in 2012, on the back of Denard Robinson, they lost at home, in the Shoe. That memory still lingers. Will it taste like that again?

Nebraska @ Iowa

Nebraska can play the biggest spoiler possible. While they can't win the Legends, and can't keep Iowa from their second straight CCG, they are the next in line that can knock Iowa from the National Championship picture. The Heroes Game is a big one, as Iowa looks to stretch its winning streak, move into the CCG game without a blemish, and shoot for the stars with a NCG berth. Not a lot riding on this game.

Ole Miss @ Mississippi State

Ole Miss has nothing other than pride at this point. Beat you in state rival, get to 7 wins, and close out the season on a high note heading into your bowl game. Mississippi State NEEDS this win. They can taste that CCG against Florida, and a chance for the SEC crown and a BCS invite. Lose, and it is all for naught. The waters get murky with a loss, and lots of factors come into play.

Florida @ Florida State

Bobby Bowden vs the OBC. BB vs Urb. Jimbo Fisher vs Will Muschamp. Finally, Jimbo vs Diddy. This is one of the biggest HATE rivalries around. So many times have dreams been dashed by this game. EA calls this the "Game of the Week". That is hard to argue, but I still see one bigger. Florida is still in the running for a title shot. FSU would like nothing more than to bury the "Spear" in UF's collective heart.

South Carolina @ Clemson

The Battle of the Palmetto State brings us another game with National Championship implications. South Carolina is playing out a dismal string of football, losing 4 of their last 6 games. But nothing gets you hyped like an in-state rivalry with all the marbles on the line. Clemson is the one holding the marbles, and they need 2 more wins to get that shot at glory. This is their first speed bump.

Virginia Tech @ Virginia

VT is playing for a NCG berth as well. They are on the outside looking in, but have the benefit of a bunch of tough matchups in front of them in the polls, along with playing in a CCG that could help them. Win this, and a BCS game is guaranteed. Roll the dice big, they may get that shot at the crystal.

Oregon @ Oregon State

Oregon is playing for a birth in the PAC12 CCG, and a chance to knock USC out of the Rose Bowl. Nothing bigger than the Grandaddy, and a solid goal for a good season. OSU wins, they get to play USC. This is for the North. Nothing like a Civil War.

Notre Dame @ USC

Notre Dame is still undefeated. Who did this schedule? They have taken on all comers. Last on the schedule is USC, and also their toughest opponent. Will the Domers win out and get that NCG berth? Will the lack of CCG hurt them when it comes time for the bowl selection? We will find out. USC is playing for keeps. An outside shot at the NCG, their resume would be strengthened by a win over #3, and a win in the CCG. They have a chance. I see this as the "Game of the Week"

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
    • Like Like x 5
  2. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Tennessee vs Kentucky

Despite taking a team that had a losing record 3 out of the last 4 seasons and winning 9 and 10 games his first 2 years, Coach Fulmer finds himself on the hot seat. A loss against Kentucky could very well cause UT to let Fulmer's contract expire at the end of the season.

• Like Like x 3
  3. BG

BG On The Rize!

Damn, tough decision! By the way, VT is slated to play in the Conference Championship Game.

4. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    No selection for Maryland @ Boston College? I'm hurt.

Great write up regardless, could have been epic though ;).

5. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

I voted for #3 ND at #7 USC..

There is a lot on the line for both teams, and a win for Notre Dame could very well leap frog them over either Iowa or Clemson to prevent the first ever user vs user NCG. It will be interesting to see how this week pans out!

6. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    I voted for USC / ND as well. Honestly though, with both Clemson and Iowa having CCG's, I dont see ND jumping one of them for a NCG appearance if all 3 teams go undefeated.

7. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Fixed that. Thanks for looking out BG. Had so much running through my mind as I was going through the matchups last night.

8. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

I agree with this statement. A win over #9 Wisconsin had me leapfrog both ND and Clemson. But ND's lack of CCG will hurt them if Iowa and Clemson stay undefeated. So your conference isn't an A+ ND....how bout them apples.

• Like Like x 2
  9. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Neither should your Program Prestige, Coach Prestige, Stadium Atmosphere, etc.....

10. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Florida prevailed on a late TD to go up and we would hold. Latroy Pittman came back from a 10 week injury with a 2 TD performance.

11. BG

BG On The Rize!

Well, based on the games logic, if ND is #3 and they beat the #7 team, they leap frog the two teams above them. So, since I beat the #6 team and I am currently the #3 team, the same should follow, RIGHT? LOL, Just thinking out loud!

• Like Like x 1
  12. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

It has done that the previous two times it has happened. It happened after I beat Wisconsin, then it happened after ND beat USC, now it should happen for you as well. If I can get by Ry, and I am left out, I am kicking NeuroticTruth in the balls for the scheduling.:mad::D

Edit - Forgot the smiley after my last comment.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  13. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Do it anyway

• Like Like x 1
  14. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    I'm sorry I'm such a horrible person.

• Like Like x 1
  15. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    +1

16. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Well, rivalry week determined one seed in the NCG. Really did end up being the biggest game of the year for Notre Dame.

• Like Like x 1