Rivals Recruiting News: Season 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by HotRod, Jan 12, 2011.

1. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The top HB recruit in the country, Thomas is a straight ahead runner with excellent top end speed (A SPD). He is not quite there in terms of strength (D+ STR) but he can break some tackles at times (C+). Make no bones about it, he will be doing his damage in the open field, if he gets by his man he’s going to be tough to catch. Has a good frame to put on some more muscle which with make him a more dangerous runner.
    SIGNED BY FLORIDA

[​IMG]

Meadows is listed as an ATH but there is no doubt that this guy is made to play WR. We haven’t seen a guy like this since maybe Randy Moss. This kid measures at 6’6” with great speed and vey good acceleration (A SPD, B+ ACC), he will be a defensive nightmare for opposing DBs. He has pretty good hands (B CTH) and can make plays in traffic at times(C+ CIT). Meadows is also a very good route runner for his age (B- RTE). We will be seeing his name a lot in the coming seasons as he has playmaker written all over him. Florida and Georgia are fighting over this guy as he will be a great fit in either offense.
    SIGNED BY FLORIDA

[​IMG]

Lumpkin is the #2 ATH in the country, he mostly played defense but played a little WR at times. He will be best suited as a safety at the next level. He is very physical (C+ STR, B- TAK, B POW) and isn’t afraid to lay the wood. He also displays great speed at the position (A SPD). He needs to work on his coverage skills (C+ MCV, B- ZCV) but he can be a very productive player in the box against the run.
    SIGNED BY FLORIDA STATE

[​IMG]

Gutierrez is far and away the best QB prospect in the country. He is not as tall as you would like in a pocket QB but he still has amazing tools. He has displayed the best arm out of all of the HS quarterback (A THP, B+ THA). He has started all 4 years in HS and won state championships the last two years. Gutierrez reminds us of another #1 QB recruit from a couple seasons ago, John Simmons who signed with Georgia. This is a guy that can be a 3-4 year starter at whatever school is lucky to sign him.
    SIGNED BY FLORIDA

[​IMG]

In Cobbs we have another excellent safety prospect. This guy is similar to Justin Lumpkin as he is a very physical defender (B- STR, B- TAK, B POW). He is also one of the faster safety prospects in the country (A SPD). He also does very well shedding blocks on run defense (B BSH). He needs to work on his football IQ as he tends to overpursue on plays (D Play Recognition), but a good defensive coordinator can coach him up. He also needs to get better in pass coverage is he is going to be a free safety (B- MCV, C ZCV). It appears that he is deciding between Miami and Georgia.
    SIGNED BY GEORGIA

• Like Like x 1
  2. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

Bell is the top MLB in what is kind of a weak LB class. Despite not being a very big guy for a MLB he’s is pretty strong (B- STR) and has pretty good speed (B SPD) to make plays. He needs to become a more solid tackler (C TAK) if he wants to be an impact player in the middle. He does have adequate skills covering backs and TEs(C MCV, C+ ZCV). He’ll probably need a redshirt year to hone his skills but could be a very good MLB when it is all said and done.
    SIGNED BY GEORGIA

[​IMG]

The most talented DE in the class in our eyes, Anderson is the perfect size for defensive end. He has a great motor (B+ PUR) and good speed for his size (B SPD). He could use some time in the gym to gain some strength (C STR) if he wants to be able to dominate the OL. He already has a good set of pass rush moves (B- PMV, B FMV). Fits a 4-3 system but if he gains some strength he could play in 3-4. Three teams are after this kid, Ohio State, Florida State and Georgia. Ohio State is going as hard for this prospect as they should especially since they already have a pipeline in PA. Georgia has increased interest in Anderson in the past week.
    SIGNED BY FLORIDA STATE

[​IMG]

Despite being ranked #2 by EA, we think Cooper is the best SS prospect outside of Justin Lumpkin who is listed as an ATH. He is a sure tackler (B- TAK) and pretty strong for a youngster (C+ STR). Not the fastest guy out there (B SPD), but he will still be able to make plays. Also in his favor to play early is his good coverage skill set (B- MCV, B ZCV). We have no doubt this guy will be an effective player his whole career. Three national powers want this kid. Georgia, LSU, and Florida State will be battling to get a commitment from this highly sought after prospect.

[​IMG]

We really like this kid. He has the potential to be one of the best TEs in the last 10 years. Johnson isn’t as tall as you would like, but he plays like he is 4 inches taller. He has it all, speed (B SPD), hands (B+ CTH), route running (B- RTE), and is also a willing blocker (C PBL, C RBL). He is a Mackey award winner in the making and needs to be in a good passing offense to flourish. Ohio State and Georgia really want this kid on their team, it will be interesting to see who gains the upper hand.

[​IMG]

There is no shortage of very good ATH prospects in this year’s class. Jake Kelly is right up there as one of the best in the country. Good speed (B+ SPD) and coverage skills (B- MCV, B ZCV) tell us that he will be best suited as CB. He’s not strong enough to play safety (D- STR) and not that great of a tackler (D+ TAK), but let’s not get it twisted, he’s going to be a very good corner. Virginia and Georgia are in a battle for Kelly, Virginia could use a player like this to build up their defense, but need to be wary of Georgia who are relentless when they want to get their player.

[​IMG]

Wow, what can you say about Pitts? This guy is an amazing DB prospect. Elite speed (A SPD), elite coverage skills (A MCV, B- ZCV), also a solid tackler for a corner (C TAK), not many WRs are going to beat this kid. This guy is a starter from day one for most schools. He is going to be a shut down corner as soon as his sophomore year, that’s how good we think he is. It is a three team race for this impact player as Tennessee, Miami, and Ohio State are in a fierce battle.
    SIGNED BY TENNESSEE

3. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Please post any team specific recruiting news here from now on.

4. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Open letter to UGA. Please stay away from Jake Kelly. Thats all for now. Thanks and bye!

5. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Just for that I'm really going to go after him, lol.

6. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

You already set my program back after nabbing that Canadian RB that you dont even use. Yea fuck that. I been chasing a starting Tailback for 3 years now.

7. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    He is great on special teams! He'll prob get some PT next season. All about the depth.

8. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Very nice write up. Now if only I was in on any of these guys.

9. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Funny. You've been chasing my starting running backs every season. That doesn't seem to be working for you, either. :D

10. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    There will be more, maybe they will be guys with you on their list, lol.

11. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Still not saying much, still dont wanna jinx what could happen.

12. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

SS(#5) :4stars:
    6'0 182lb East Las Vegas, NV
    Tyler Huston
    A little undersized for your prototypical SS, but this guy has the skills to be a starter in the SEC. He has a mean streak which is what the coaches look for in a Safety. Coach Max has talked with Huston personally, and Tyler is open to playing Cornerback which was his position for the majority of his playing career. What a physical CB this kid would make...

FS(#3) :4stars:
    6'1 195lb Evergreen park, IL
    Mike McKinney
    This recruit looks like a star in the making. Great speed (B+ Speed, A Accel) and great skills in coverage (B- MCV, ZCV, and Tackle). With a little time in the Florida weight room, and a little work with their coaching staff, McKinney could be a phenomenal Free Safety playing alongside his classmate Huston.

QB(#3) :5stars:
    6'0 185lb Piqua, OH
    Eric Odom
    B Speed, Agility, Accel, THP, THA, STA, INJ
    C+ Break Tackle, Elusiveness
    What a fun project this croot could turn out to be. He is a little small, but makes up for it with speed and toughness. He doesnt have a cannon for an arm, but he can make all the throws necessary to be a successful gator QB. His commitment came as a pleasant surprise to Gator Nation as UF is still going hard for the #1 QB prospect John Gutierrez, but Odom isnt a shabby consolation prize if things fall through. Look for Odom to redshirt if Gutierrez comes to Gainesville, otherwise the coaching staff may try to find ways to get Odom involved early on in his career.

13. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Sweeet. I was down about 10 points if not more to Nebraska for this center. He visited week 5, I won, and he jumped and committed to ME!!!! Fuckin awesome. Also, had some others jump and now im #1, but also ahd some drop to #2. Oh, and UGA is turing up the pressure on me for the only 5 star athlete i have ever recruited. STAY AWAY!

14. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

This week is the biggest week in FSU NCAA 2011 history. Huge recruits in for a visit against Wake and we put a beating on them.

We need it to pay off in a big way, since the team really lacks good young players.

15. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Looks like some recruits were impressed with Florida's W over LSU this week...

HB(#1) :5stars:
    6'2 206lb Frostproof, FL
    Derrick Thomas
    Beast! UF has had Tony Bell, but he is better suited as a change of pace/3rd down back. Thomas will come in and see PT immediately.

QB(#1) :5stars:
    6'1 211lb Texarkana, TX
    Jon Gutierrez
    Wow. UF has had a string of Elite 11 QBs come to Gainesville under Coach Max's reign, but "Gudi" could be the best yet. Coach Max used his home-state HS connections to snatch this kid, and even though he could have went elsewhere and had no competition for the starting job he wanted to be a Gator. Perry will have a tough choice at the end of the season whether to stay or go pro, but Coach Max could care less about that after the signing of this kid.

16. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

This is the most nerve wracking season in terms of recruiting Ive ever had. If the kids sign, it will turn into the best class UVA has ever seen. But the kids are taking their damn time signing, and combine that with the pace of the dynasty in general make for very uncomfortable times.

17. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Oh quit crying 1ke, shit. lol [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

I liked that cuz I feel like you need a friend....lol

• Like Like x 1
  19. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Here are the other croots UF has locked up so far.

ATH(#1) :5stars:
    6'6 196lb Canon City, CO
    Anthony Meadows
    Wow. Rivals got it right when they compared this kid's size and speed combo to Randy Moss. Meadows will graduate early and get in as much time on the practice field as possible. Coach Max wants this kid on the field ASAP and Florida loses a lot of Senior talent at WR this season. Gutierrez to Meadows will be a common saying on Saturdays in Gainesville.

CB(#9) :4stars:
    5'11 174lb Sunrise, FL
    Cole Cox
    Best name for a Hard-Hitting CB ever? Probably. He has the speed (A-) and Coverage skills (B mcv/zcv) to develop into a lockdown Corner. Hopefully he wont be called upon too early in his career though, as the SEC is laden with deadly skill position players that'd love to get a piece of a fishy CB like Cox.

WR(#1) :4stars:
    6'1 160lb Andalusia, AL
    Travis Woodard
    Woodard is a lightweight. He doesnt have the blinding speed that usually comes along with someone so light, but he is a solid receiver. Good hands, and good discipline in his routes will help him go far. Hopefully he can put on some weight, but he should be a solid contributor down the line.

20. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    G (#1) :5stars:
    Travis Finley
    6'2" 311 LBs
    Corona, CA
    Finley is an awesome o-line prospect. Extremely athletic for his size he boasts C- SPD and A- ACC which will be great for run plays. He also possesses great blocking ratings. He will be a starter by his Soph year.

WR (#12) :4stars:
    Lawrence Brown
    6'2" 208 LBs
    Palo Alto, CA
    Or second kid from California is a Juco transfer but boy is he a stud. Great size, A+ SPD and great catching ratings. He could be a dangerous counterpart for Chris Miller and another target for John Simmons.

DT (#3) :4stars:
    Anthony Kennedy
    6'0" 257 LBs
    Jersey City, NJ
    Kennedy is a bull in the trenches. It little undersized compared to our deep group of DTs but he has to skills to disrupt offenses. Because of the aforemention depth he will get time to hit the gym and get stronger but he will be a beast in no time in what has been a position of strength for many seasons.

WR (#2) :4stars:
    Rasheed Gordon
    6'0" 185 LBs
    South Sumpter, SC
    Gordon is our second WR signing of the season. Getting him and Brown make up for coming up short on Meadows who was signed by Florida. Gordon is another physical receiver that will be able to get past the press and be a good possession guy. Has B+ SPD and ACC, has to work on his hands though. Will probably be redshirted his freshman year.

More to come after this week as we have quite a few soft commits.

21. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Still holdin on to a few.....Still praying...

22. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    congrats on snagging that safety 1ke. he wasn't my top safety target so i'm not too disappointed. i'm close to signing cobbs tho. [​IMG]

23. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

Alabama signs its first 3 commits of the year this past week also filling a big need at tackle.

T (#4):4stars:
    Justin Coleman
    6'5" 320 lbs
    Portland, TN
    Has decent acceleration for a big tackle (C+) but only average blocking skills right now (C+ pass block, C run block). Has the footwork skills for both though (B, B-) and could develop nicely. Needed two tackles this year and glad to get one of the higher rated ones.

T (#13):4stars:
    Tyler Cross
    6'2" 264 lbs
    Cartersville, GA
    Too light right now for an SEC tackle but has decent strength for a Freshmen (C+) and some solid blocking skills and footwork. Could develop in a couple of years into a good player.

CB (#1):4stars:
    Isaiah Edwards
    6'0" 172lbs
    Eufaula, AL
    Great speed and acceleration (B+) but poor (C) agility, will have to hope his great coverage skills in man, zone, and press (B, B+, B+) help make up for it.

24. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Yea fucker im glad to know im sweatin bullets over here and that kid wasnt even high on your list. And Im pretty sure Cobbs is giving me an ulcer. This week too, (week8) i had a shitty call.

25. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    You mean Kelly? Yeah I think I'm going to get him. I'm neg recruiting the shit out of your team, lol.

• Like Like x 1