RMG Power Rankings (S2)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Bucs, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Welcome to the RMG Power Rankings. Here i'll rank whom I feel are the best teams in order from 1-11 and ill update the list every few weeks.​

[​IMG]

Kansas will go as far as HB James Sims can take them, and their offensive line is better than some of the teams higher on this list. They have good coaching but can that overcome the talent differentials at some of the other positions compared to the bigger schools? Time will tell, but I expect them to move up on this list.​

[​IMG]

Virginia Tech got a new coach over the summer and thats the only reason they are this low, they are strong at quite a few positions, but there are some concerns about depth on the O Line, The Hb position and the secondary. Expect QB Logan Thomas to make quite a few plays with his feet and make some defenses look silly.​

[​IMG]

The Canes are back! That's been the battle cry of the fan base in South Florida for the past 8 years, will this be the year that it finally is true? They are coming off another disappointing year where they let some games slip that shouldnt have. The Quarterback position is in Stephen Morris' hands for now and he should manage the game and let Lamar Miller and Mike James shine behind their decent O Line. The defense is really thin and will face some challenges this season.​

[​IMG]

The offense is solid and they may have one of the best backfields in the SEC with Aaron Murray and Isaiah Crowell. The O Line has 2 weaknesses though and that may be cause for concern. Defensively the Dawgs are solid across the board and a very good team overall. Lets see if this is the year they can put it together and knock off some of the big boys.​

[​IMG]

The skill position players for the Tigers will do some damage this year, but the line may be their downfall, QB Tahj Boyd will need to get rid of the ball quickly and let his playmakers do their jobs. The defense may be on of the fastest in the ACC as well.​

[​IMG]

We expect to see alot of running from the Auburn Tigers, with Michael Dyer and Ontarrio McCalebb they have the best tandem of running backs in the country. The defense is a force as well, the safeties will have to play better than their rankings though, but they are fast and speed is king so it may work out well.​

[​IMG]

EJ Manuel and Chris Thompson will surely make some plays and the WR corps is solid, the right side of the line is a bit weak but it shouldnt matter too much. Defensively as always they are solid and will make plays and keep their team in the game. Lets see if they cant put it together and make another run at the ACC title.​

[​IMG]

Offensively Case McCoy had a break out year last season only throwing 4 picks and managing his playmakers well. The Line is solid and WR Corps is deep with studs, as long as McCoy holds on to the ball they should put up points. Defensively they are fast on the line and hard hitters in the LB Corps, the only concern is the SS position where True Freshman David Fry is starting, he was ranked the #2 SS in the nation last year and will be tested right away.​

[​IMG]

The Sooners as always are filled with talent and are solid across the board on both sides of the ball. They dropped games to Kansas St and I believe Kansas last year, I dont see that happening two years in a row though and they should make some noise this year.

[​IMG]

Offensively they are no real concerns and Trent Richardson erases any possible doubts that you could have about that offense. Defensively the interior line not up to par with the rest of the team, but the linebacking corps lead by Donta Hightower makes up for it and if there is no reason they shouldnt compete for an SEC Championship.

[​IMG]

The Champs are chomping at the bit to get back on the field , they have the best offensive line in the country and possibly the best young QB as well. Scoring should not be a problem for them since it wasnt last year. The defense is beastly with the only real concern being the LOLB and FS spots but even those arent too bad in comparison to other squads. They have a good shot at making it back to back titles in Gainseville.​

2. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Dang 10th i played with a worst team last yr in KSU and lost 2 games :( oh well

3. Bucs

yeah, but like i said, new coach at a new team, your an unknown.

4. LSUTRUTH

Guess we will find out at the advance as i play Alabama in week 2

5. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

7th?! WTF? YOu guys are crazy...way too high.

6. Quattro

Quattro Moonwalking in a field of landmines

:D
    Gonna be taking the lambs to the slaughter. My new freshman WRs are beast and 81 overall with A- speed and TR and EL are just a dynamic duo and can't be stopped.

7. LSUTRUTH

LOL guess we will find out thats why we play the game

8. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

#11 WHAT!!! At least it's not #12 :). My New goal is beating Texas lol.

9. Bucs

lol i said i expect you to move up.

10. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Yeah everybody gives you shit when you do power rankings :p . I know I had someone complain I put them #1 lol.

11. Bucs

That guy sounds like a tool.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

LOL I had a feeling that was you, I just had to go back and check haha.

13. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I think that if I go 9-4 this year I will be happy. I am two years from being loaded. Miami has some real depth issues at LB,CB and WR....I don't have a LB rated in the 80's my best CB is 88 then I got 81,77,77 shitty nickle package. This will be a Hand off to Lamar Miller to the left, Miller to the right then Mike James up the middle. Mix in some passes and maybe a QB tuck and run and that is Miami's offense.

14. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

I would also be happy with 9-4, but that's because I suck

15. LSUTRUTH

LOL you arent bad. I think VT has a 9-3 in them regular season

16. sonn

sonn Walk On

Thompson will be the only one making plays. I'm horrible with Manuel.

17. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

You won 11 games with KSU you should atleast win 10 games.

18. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I thought it was you were just horrible in general....lol

19. Quattro

Kind of sounds like my secondary, I really didn't appreciate the game let three of my top five CBs leave early but what can you do?

20. sonn

sonn Walk On

That is also a distinct possibility. :(

• Like Like x 1
  21. LSUTRUTH

Thanks. I had an easy schedule.

Sonn Qbs just dont like you remember Renner

22. Quattro

And one of those three will come in a little over an hour.

23. sonn

sonn Walk On

I did a lot better with him the next couple of years. It always seems like I'm a second or two slow in making the pass or a damn LB does his superman jump to pick it off.

24. LSUTRUTH

Well damn those friggin superman jumping LB i cant get my guys to do that :(

25. LSUTRUTH

Dont write a check your team cant cash im gunna get in that Alabama ass just like LSU is going to do this saturday. Richardson who....... McCarron is gunna have to beat me