Road to the 2017 BCS Championship game

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by thoov08, Dec 24, 2010.

1. thoov08

thoov08 Walk On

Road to the 2017 BCS National Championship
    [​IMG]
    As we finish out the regular season and look ahead to some interesting conference championship games, we have began to narrow down the field of teams that have a shot at the title. Here are the current top 10 teams in the BCS rankings…
    [​IMG]

Probable contenders:
    #1 Alabama
    Coach JFunk has shown he belongs at the top spot with a 10-0 record and looking for his third straight title. This could very well be the most talented team in the nation across the board. The Tide has already picked up wins against #5 Cal, #8 Georgia, and rival #6 Auburn. This team has been able to use its incredible depth to help overcome some injuries. With star HB Fontenot out for the rest of the year, Bama will need that depth as they finish up the regular season with games against #3 UNC, at #7 Missouri, and the SEC Championship game.

#2 Oklahoma
    The Sooners have once again been the class of the Big XII conference. Sitting at 11-0 currently they control their own destiny to play in the BCS Championship game. Although they have been strong all season long, there still are questions if Oklahoma can get over the hump to the next level. The Sooners’ schedule hasn’t been extremely difficult and the team is yet to have that signature win. Ending the season against Auburn and Missouri will tell us a lot if this team has what it takes to compete for the title.

#3 UNC
    The Tar Heels are reaping the benefits of Coach RTP’s stellar recruiting classes. UNC’s victims this season have complained that this CPU-controlled team is just as good, if not better than many of the users. There is no doubt that this team is talented enough to compete for a title, but will the EA gods give this team enough of a spark to overcome tough games remaining against Alabama and Clemson in the ACC Championship to get to the big game?

User teams needing some help:
    #6 Auburn
    Coach Ego has put together one of Auburn’s best seasons. The Tigers made it out clean from a gauntlet schedule with games at Ohio State, at Clemson, at Florida, and at Georgia. Auburn made it all the way to the #1 ranking before losing in the Iron Bowl to hated rival Alabama last week. Despite such a great season, Auburn is going to need some big help to have any shot at the championship game.

#7 Missouri
    This is another Tigers team that needs some help. Missouri has benefitted from a fairly easy conference schedule this season without a regular season game against OU and playing many games against a weak Big XII. Missouri will have to put up soon though as they will face the Sooners yet again in the conference championship game. Also, a game against Alabama still looms on the regular season schedule. A couple of wins for the Tigers would be huge and could put them in a position to sneak up the rankings into a BCS Championship game birth taking Oklahoma out of the picture and waiting on either Alabama or UNC to lose to the other. Out of the one-loss teams, Missouri has the best chance to make some noise if they can pull out the two big upsets.

Predicition:
    Alabama has too much talent and a coach that has been there too many times before for anyone else to sneak up on them. Although Oklahoma is able to go into the title game as undefeated Big XII champs, the Crimson Tide will pick up the coveted three-peat.
    [​IMG]

2. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Nice post Hoov. Should be an interesting few weeks once again. It's great how year after year, we have around 4 user teams with a shot at the NC heading into Week 14. Great job guys, should only get better with the new alignment.

3. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Great post thoov. I am predicting a Oklahoma National Champion!

4. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

The BCS title game should be great!!!!!

5. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Now THAT's what I'm talkin' about! Great work, 'Hoov. Welcome back to the league! ; )

6. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

Great job Thoov...couldn't have come at a better time.

7. jca312

jca312 Walk On

G, take Tuco's balls out of your mouth and be more objective, just cuz he kicks your ass all the time doesn't mean he's gonna be able to deal with Funk's squad.

8. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

HA! Bravo JCA.

Great job by the way thoov. I don't know how this season will turn out and I'm just glad to have been this successful so far.

9. Iron Mickey

SEC IN 2017=OVERRATED

10. jca312

jca312 Walk On

See you in the Cotton Bowl. Beating you twice to start and end a season with 2 different teams would be fun.

11. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

USC lost to CAL so i wont be playing you in the Rose Bowl King....And just so everyone knows i had nothing to do with it, it was straight CPU game..Although i did make a phone call to the AD to tell him if they didn't lose i would decline the job to coach his school
    @King_CEPS_11

12. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Great work bro

13. Iron Mickey

I am going to kick your ass this go-around!

14. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

THESE ARE THE RANKINGS AS OF CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK!!!!!!​
    [​IMG]

15. Iron Mickey

Very interesting as Georgia can go to the title game with a win and UNC loss

16. JFunk34

Well RTP got his win now will he is old team lose?

17. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

OU has now won so lets see if there is some sort of miracle with either UNC falling or me jumping them. The odds are definitely against me....now if Thoov would have stayed at Clemson....I would feel alot better about my chances.

18. Iron Mickey

wow!!!!! what a shocker

UNC is hopped by their fomer Coach and his new team UGA!!!

UGA/OU National Championship

19. thoov08

thoov08 Walk On

Reports are surfacing that the Alabama coach was paid by big-time sports betters in Vegas to blow the game against Georgia after this picture of Coach JFunk was taken walking off of the field.

[​IMG]

20. JFunk34

Ha! Well played.