Rockies Rocket Miner 2012

Discussion in 'Team News' started by County5, Apr 11, 2012.

1. County5

County5 Practice? I mean c'mon..

Your source for everything purple.​
    [​IMG]

2. County5

Vol. 1
    Issue 1.

Spring arrives and many fresh faces mingle with the old here in Colorado. As we welcome in your new Colorado GM, Jackson Schilling, lets ask him a few questions about the upcoming season.

Q: Lots of new faces here in training camp this year, what was managment intending when you went out and signed all these guys.
    A: Well we got some great acquisitions here. Micheal Cuddyer is an allstar out there in RF and fills that spot that we were desperatly lacking last year. Marco Scutaro provides an efficient leadoff man to get on ahead of the big bats and is solid at 2nd base. Ramon Hernandez we ecxpect to make the club as well behing the Plate.

Q: Pitchingwise Colorado has tended to be a deathwish for any incoming FA pitcher, how did you Lure Jeremy Guthrie out of Baltimore.
    A: Guthrie's a country boy at heart, I took him fishing trip and he loved it wanted to find nice spot out here and stabalize, now if he can find his spots on the mound we'll be all set..

Q: Returning All-Star, Gold Glove Winner, and Silver Slugger Troy Tulowitzki headlines the lineup any surpises in store.
    A: Well Troy has been branded the Captain and LEader of the team and its time for him to step up and fill those shoes. As for surprises you'll have to stick around a see....

3. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

I'm assuming the whole "avoid arbitration by giving him an extra million or so dollars" thing probably didn't hurt either. I don't know how his flyball tendencies will play at Coors (although I'm sure he'll do fine in those other huge NL West parks), but Guts is legitimately a great person and is fun to root for.

4. County5

Yeah, Hope he does good tonight.. Think he faces Linny

5. County5

Vol 1
    Issue 2
    [​IMG]
    Carlos "CarGo" Gonzalez nabs Offensive Player of the Month for April .330/.385/.628 7hr
    Are ya surprised!! Rockies are in first place with a month gone. The bats have shown up that, which is to be expected in Colorado. The surprise so far this season has been the pitching. And not the Starters mind you, none of them have a sub 4 ERA. The Bullpen has been carrying the load and shutting down teams. "I've liked what I've seen from our bullpen. We've asked the them to carry us through some tough games and they have not let us down. We'll go as far as they can carry us." Said Skipper Jim Tracy.​

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  6. County5

Vol 1.
    Issue 3
    Rockies Draft Recap

How'd the Rockies fare in the draft you say? A day of movement and signing has come to its end, and here are the new faces in the Rockies organization.

1st Round: With the number 10 pick the Rockies went all out for one of the top players in the draft pool. Rob Ames 2B, has HUGE potential. High ratings in pot. contact and power. And did we mention he's fast, the kid has a stolen base for every 3.5 at-bats. Lets see if his eye improves as he progresses, word is he signed in the neighborhood of 4 Million.

2nd Round: The Rockies traded their 2nd round pick for RF Alex de Aza, in a deal with the White Sox. De Aza, will be splitting starts with Michael Cuddyer in RF. The White Sox gave up their 3rd rnd pick along with de Aza.

3rd Round: Bullpen was the focus after drafting Ames, two righties in Carson Fulmer and Curt Nakandakare. These guys will be putting their time in down in rookie ball, developing thier pitches. They are very similar in stuff potential, and both need work on their pitch movement. But then again they are just kids.

4th Round: Jorge Cantu SP, good control pitcher, decent movement. Has potential to make it to the Rockies line up someday, needs to learn a fourth pitch however.

5th round: With there last pick the Rockies selected RF Cesar Rosa. Here's the low down on him, he's 23 so its now or never at that age. Has high speed and good power potential. However either he hits it a mile or he misses completely. Scouts advised that he tends to be absent-minded. Will he get his stuff together? Time will tell.

That's that now get out there and fill the Stadium for your Division Leading men in Purple!!!!!.