Rodgers Blows, Pack Still Win

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by redlishus, Dec 3, 2012.

1. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

Packers faced their biggest test to date as the Arizona Cardinals came into town. Rodgers may have had his worst game of the year as the Cardinals were all over the field playing great D.

The Packers would get on the board first as Mason Crosby nails a 46 yard FG to put the Pack up by 3. Just under a minute later, Clay Matthews would have a strip sack and BJ Raji would pick up the fumble and return it 12 yards for the score.

Arizona would put together a nice drive that would culminate with a 43 yard FG to pull the score within 7. The Packers were mounting a drive to end the half but a Cook would out jump RB Benjarvus Green-Ellis and return it 65 yards to tie the score going into half.

Arizona got the ball to start the second half and proceeded to drive right down the field. Jason Merrian would scamper in from 10 yards out to give the Cardinals their first lead of the game. Behind the running game of the Law Firm and James Starks the Packers would mount a comeback. Mason Crosby would kick a 38 yard FG, 13-17.

The fourth quarter would see another long drive by the Packers enabled by the running game. Like all the other drives on the day, the Cardinals defense would hunker down and hold the Pack to a 43 yard FG, 16-17 with just over 4 minutes left in the game. The Cardinals next series Merian would throw a long pass down the sideline to Floyd who was double covered. Sam Shields would outjump everyone but only would deflect the pass out of bounds. Thats when the ref threw a flag. The Packers coach was outraged at the interference call. After a few seconds, when the Cardinals owner didn't accept right away, did the Packers coach realize it was OFFENSIVE pass interference. Facing a 1st and 20 Merrian would step back to pass, this time MD Jennings would intercept the pass and return it to the 4 yard line. Benjarvus would finish and score from 1 yard out. James Starks would run in the 2 point conversion for a 24-17 Packers lead. Arizona was not finished yet. The would drive the length of the field and would have first and goal from the 10. The Packers defense would hold for the first three plays. Facing 4th and goal from the 4, and with seconds left on the clock, Arizona would come out of the huddle. The Packers were fearing another Merrian TD run so they put Clay Matthews in spy mode and used a zone defense to cover the entire area of the endzone. Merrian would role left and thats when Clay took off and chased him out of bounds at the 11 yard line to seal the victory.

GG thafuture3886

I have a feeling we may meet again.

Rodgers 7-21, 77 yards, 2 interceptions

Benjarvus Green-Ellis 13 for 109, 1 TD

Clay Matthews, 6 tackles, 3 sacks, 1 ff

Jason Merrian 9-15, 142 yards, 1 interception

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
    • Like Like x 6
  2. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Wow! OFFENSIVE pass interference? I have yet to see one of those.

• Like Like x 3
  3. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Sounds like it would've been a great game to watch.

• Like Like x 3
  4. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

My thoughts exactly! lol, i pushed triangle to jump and Floyd just stood there :rolleyes:. Hell of a game though Troy, once again i had you with the lead late in the 4th and couldn't hold on. Impressed with how my defense played, though my offense still has some work to do with getting used to a new playbook. We'll be meeting again ;)

• Like Like x 4
  5. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Ahhhh...it was the new PB. I see now ;)

6. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

Hmmm brought back memories there James??? LOL... SMH, Curtis and You are nutz for trying shit out in a real game... Just make sure you all do the same when we play each other please....