Role Call

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Feb 20, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Role Call

I think the league deserves an explanation for the following:

Last weeks lull:

I apologize for the lack of activity and long week this past week. For those of you that don't know, I'm an accountant and right now is an extremely busy time of year. We just about wrapped a project up last week so hopefully the coming weeks won't be as bad. I'll do my best to keep things moving but being a first year, I don't have a ton of say in my work schedule right now so you may have to bare with me at times.

Other member activity:

Legend Rips:
    1) You never posted a write up for the UNC/Maryland game. (This is required, especially for user vs user games).
    2) You haven't recruited all season long.
    3) We had a long week last week and you never played your game.

Also, I'm not seeing much activity from some members. Beazus and Noles have been quite active lately (albeit in a sarcastic manner). Some others have been doing a little more than posting game summaries. Others, have been doing the minimum or less.

I want to point out to you guys that this league is only as good as WE make it. I don't get paid to run a league so it's not solely my job to generate content. We started off great last season and to begin this season but things have tapered off as of late. We need to pick things back up if we want to be recognized as one of the better leagues here at TF.

Stepping off my soap box now. Thanks for your ear.

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

This is my first year playing ODs so I don't know what it was like in '09, but I would imagine the lack of activity has to be expected.

1. We've been playing this game for about 7 months straight.
    2. The real football season is already over.
    3. March Madness will be kicking in soon.
    4. There are some other great games that have come out to take up our video game time.

I would imagine that #1 and #2 combined would cause almost all ODs to see reduced activity.

3. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I am still here and I agree with jello.....but Sweetness is planning to speak to the media next week for the first time since his off the field issues earlier this season. Stay tuned...

4. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Oh boy here we go. I can only imagine what Sweetness is going to have to say now. Is he announcing his candidacy for president?

5. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

That's rich.

6. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Im here!!

7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    present...

8. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Waiting for VT to crush the spirit of Clemson...

9. KoG CHEESEDIP

KoG CHEESEDIP Walk On

im here also.

10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Still here. Its hard for me to post much on the weekends. I have to pry my wife away from the CPU and find time in between watching my kid and doing all the other fun things a married man and father get to do on the weekends.

11. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

I've been really busy lately with school stuff and have been struggling to just get my games in. Sorry for the lack of posts. Doing my best. I'll try to get a write up in tonight.
    As far as recruiting goes, I am just doing my best to make sure I don't break my sanctions! I am so worried about that! Sorry for the lack of chatter as of late. Trying to pick it back up.

12. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

An overmatched UNC team did it last year. Can VT do it this year?

Go COASTAL!

13. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Overmatched? haha

14. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

So from the post Gator made in the new member forums...looks like Legend has retired. Oh well some new blood in the ACC.