Roll Up Your Pant Legs: Penn State

Discussion in 'Between The Lines' started by Cimmy24, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

[​IMG]
    Joe Paterno tackled win #400 last night, rallying from a 21-0 deficit in the 2nd quarter to beat Northwestern 35-21 in Happy Valley. I sat at the 20 yard line, 4 rows up in the student section. At half time with the score 21-7, freezing cold, and a light snow/rain/sleet...I thought about leaving. Then I remembered what milestone could be reached with a little bit of magic. I chose to stay and watch the first PSU offensive drive. If they scored, I'd stay. They scored...I stayed, and it was one of the greatest decisions of my life. We fought back to win, we fought back for Joe. The student section was unbelievable in the 2nd half. The offense performed amazing in the second half, Silas Redd and Evan Royster were unbelievable. Matt McGloin came in and led the team after Bolden got put on the sideline. The officials were some of the worst I have ever seen. They got better in the second half, but had some unreal calls. I never heard a crowd boo so loudly. When Penn State tied it up, my father sent me a text message from home, "Do you believe?". Wow....goosebumps, and not from the cold. As the players pumped up the crowd and celebrated big plays, you could feel it in the air. The magic was there. As the game ended the crowd went wild. The team lifted Paterno on their shoulders and led him on the field. The AD, University President Spanier made speeches, congratulating Joe Paterno. The jumbo screen scrolled every win on the screen. A video tribute played and I honestly choked up. JoePa spoke, ending with "Let's go beat Ohio State". Walking out of the stadium, it hit me what I witnessed. Seeing the people that attended the game...ex players including Jared Odrick, alumni, and some of the greatest fans in the game today. That was the greatest experience of my life. Something I will never forget.​

• Like Like x 1
  2. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

damn cimmy now thats what college football is all about

3. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

4. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Take care of Michigan St and then I'll care.

5. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Joe Paterno says he will coach again next season.

6. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!

7. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

8. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Will do...gotta rep that State College

9. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self