Romo Leads Comeback Win

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by CaptMoe, Oct 20, 2013.

1. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

Nothing new is to be expected whenever these 2 teams get together. They know each other pretty well. Are familiar with each other's tendencies and counter moves. You can try to add new wrinkles into the game but, usually you fall back on what works and your opponent knows that's exactly what will happen. So with Dallas coming out running Murray and targeting Austin, the Redskins' defense stuck to their game plan and tried to shut D. Bryant down. In the process, however, they failed to account for J. Witten, who is a pretty accomplished receiver in his own right. But Romo would do more than just feed the ball to his long time buddy, as he spread the wealth to 9 different receivers. And despite the attention given him, Bryant still managed to score twice. His 2nd TD came late in the 4th.

The Redskins had just scored to take a 21-14 lead. Dallas got the ball back with less than 2:00 remaining. Romo hit Bryant in stride for a long gain and then worked the Washington defense underneath to drive to the 14yd line. With the defense showing blitz and the DBs playing off, Romo changed the play and hit Dez with a quick pass as Bryant went in for the score untouched.

All tied up with 1:19 to go, RG3 & Co. tried to drive into FG range. However, the Dallas DEF stepped up when needed, forcing a 3 and out and keeping close to 1:00 on the clock and 1 timeout. A short punt would give Dallas great field position and Murray would pound it out to get as close as possible, giving Bailey the ball at the 18, where he nailed the 35yd FG for the win.

Cowboys head home to close out the season vs the division champion Eagles, who have already clinched a playoff spot and will probably be resting ALL of their starters (cough, wink, cough, cough)...

• Like Like x 3
  2. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

GG Jon. Another tight one...

• Like Like x 1
  3. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

Aint gonna happen Moe, still got the #1 spot in the NFC to shoot for cuz that daam LtJustice dont wanna loose LOL....

• Like Like x 2
  4. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Warhawk AKA dreadman Walk On

GG Moe...... had the lead at the end of this game and couldnt do anything to keep it... and was up big on the G-men last night in that game....21-3 at the half i think and couldnt do anything 2nd half....

we loss both.... but it's telling me one thing...............im getting better! 'Boots to Asses' officially kicks off next season! See you all then... Good Luck to all in the NFC East that made it to the playoffs!

ferocious
    CaptMoe
    cry_havoc

Wouldnt be right if i didnt mention all 3 of yall!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

That game last night was a typcial NFC East showdown. Nothing was going right for me in the 1st half as you smacked the shit out of me. Good thing i differed to the second half. That opening drive gave me momentum. But all in all...the East will be just as intense, if more next season.