Romo takes 4 steps backwards. Defense bails him out.

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by CaptMoe, Sep 23, 2013.

1. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

With 3 consecutive games posting a solid QB rating of over 100, Romo seemed to think he was invincible. And for 1qtr, he probably seemed that way to the Redkins' defense. With scoring passes of 68yds to T. Williams and 20- and 32yds to D. Bryant, Romo & Co were in control with a 21-0 lead. But those would be the only TDs Romo would throw as he collapsed and nearly cost his team the win, offering up tightly wrapped gifts to the Washington defense throughout the 2nd half, to the tune of 4 INTs on the game. Fortunately for Dallas, RGIII was feeling just as generous, throwing 4 INTs of his own. 2 of them coming right after Dallas turnovers, giving the Cowboy offense the ball back and in good field position.

Fortunately for Dallas, HB L. Dunbar, filling in for the injured D. Murray, took over the game, rushing for 145yds and 2 TDs, the last one putting the game out of reach as the 2:00 warning approached. Dunbar got a great pancake block from RT D. Free which sprung him for the TD.

On defense, once again, the Cowboy front 4 proved to be handful, rising to the occasion when needed the most. With the Redskins looking to close the gap, the offense was forced into a 3 and out as J. Hatcher and J. Ratliff sacked RGIII on consecutive plays and then forced a bad throw on 3rd down. The harassment continued for most of the 2nd half as the Redskins' QB just could not get comfy in the pocket, or on the run, as Ware and Lee seemed to be in his face every time he ventured outside.

It was a dominant showing by Dallas. And one that they will need to repeat in week 7 as they get ready for a good, ol' fashioned NFC East showdown with the Philadelphia Eagles. Stay tuned...

• Like Like x 2
  2. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Warhawk AKA dreadman Walk On

What a :doodie::doodie::doodie::doodie: start of the season it has been for my Skins... Madden & real life :mad: We are getting our asses :blackeye: and have to find a way to stop the bleeding. I had my fair amount of opportunities to bring the game even closer, but could not take advantage of the Cowboys miscues and would give them the ball right back. The tackling problems have transferred over from reality to the virtual realm. We have some adjustments that we have to make on both sides of the ball... or we will be standing in line for the #1 pick in the draft!

GG Moe!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  3. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

the #1 pick aint bad Hawk lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Warhawk AKA dreadman Walk On

o_Oo_Oo_O At this point... it looks like i'm playing for that spot :bag::bag::bag: