Rookie Roundup: Orlando Sentinels (2018)

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by Michael Overman, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

The Orlando Sentinels...were not as main a fixture in the 2018 Draft as they have been in previous years. The Sentinels had a strong need at DT as beastly Dareus had slipped through their fingers in Free Agency. The Sentinels also had a desire to improve the running game. In Free Agency, WR Tavon Austin was signed by the Sentinels, and cemented Orlando's top 3 WR's as a clear and potent threesome with a high potential for offensive success.

The Sentinels did not have a first round pick in 2018 as it had been traded away. The Sentinels made a move and shipped off starting RB Taz Stone, a former first round selection. With this trade the Sentinels...acquire the 15th pick in the first AND third round of the draft. The Sentinels still had veteran CJ Spiller and quick Frank Mackey on the squad, but durability was a concern.

FIRST ROUND - 15th pick

Kyle Ouri #34 HB

[​IMG]

Kyle Ouri has a 96 speed and a 94 Acceleration, he also has an 80 catching rating. He is an all around back and is the unquestioned starter for the Sentinels.

THIRD ROUND - 15th pick

Giovanni Donald #89 WR

[​IMG]

WR Donald was taken in the 3rd round to bring another type of skill set to the WR group. The WR's had speed, but they didn't have a reliable tall target for Cam Newton. With the addition of 6'6 WR Giovanni Donald, this allows the Sentinels to be more versatile on offense. It also gives them another weapon in the redzone.

• Like Like x 3
  2. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Not like I had a choice in the matter, but I would have went with Ouri had his injury rating not been so low. Big Mo Wilk is coming for your, Ouri!!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Just looked at your offense. I'm not sure who has the faster squad. Wow, I thought my guys flew...

• Like Like x 1