Rookie Salary Q@A

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by sammymitchell25, Aug 17, 2010.

1. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

Rookie Salary Q@A

I tried to look for it, sorry if this was clarified already, but what are the parameters for the rookie salaries.

I see Chargers first rounder Ryan Mathews is costing me over 10 million this year, this isnt a little high? He's the second richest player on my team behind Rivers (13mil), and getting paid more than Gates.

just wanted to post it here instead of PM's for others to see the answers if anyone else was wondering also

2. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

I'll try and answer the best way that I can and then let wajo/win/dunn correct me if I am wrong, but with your guy its a couple of things in play that are making him cost you so much.

1st he was your first round pick. On the CapBook you can see the pay out scale for all madden rookies, which was ALSO plugged in for all rookie THIS year from the NFL draft.

2nd he is your #2 RB, which means his modifier is 4, which means you are multiplying his bonus and salary by 4 each.

Add his bonus and salary together from being the #12 pick, and multiply it by 4 for being your #2 rb and you get his high salary.

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Sammy, it's pretty much what Nate said. Matthews was the #11 pick in the first round, so with 1st round picks ONLY in this past April's draft, we slotted them as we will all future drafted rookies. So he got #11 pick money and bonuses. Then, as a #2 HB, he gets the 4 modifier multiplied to that big money to make the inflated salary.

We did this to get some balance, but some teams with this will be worse off than others due to what their team drafted in the offseason (Rams are paying 20 million to Sam Bradford with our system, he's a starting QB who gets a 5 modifier as #1 pick).

We balanced the dollars paid out to draft picks, but it's the position as well as where they are on the depth chart initially that determines the high contract.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

4. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

Pretty much his position hurt the most with the modifier being at 4, Instead of, lets say a backup LB picked in the 1st RD with a modifier being only 1.

Thanks alot guys, he may be starting for me so he can earn that salary.......hahahahah

especially if sproles fumbles alot like he did in the last Madden

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Yeah. Suh (the 2nd pick overall) is a 2 modifier, so he's a big dropdown in salary. The reason we did the 1st round this way was to make it more fair to the lower tier teams versus the upper tier teams as far as cap space.

It's still a big difference, but it's a lot closer than it used to be.