ROOKIE SCOUTING RESULTS GAME #1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by sammymitchell25, Apr 15, 2011.

1. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

Ravens Rookies Scrimmaged vs the New York Jets

JETS 24, RAVENS 10

--PASSING

RAVENS

QB Kenneth Quigley: 6-17 69 yds 2 INTS (#2 rated QB according to Web Kiper)

JETS

QB Mark Sanchez: 8-15 93 yds INT

--RUSHING

RAVENS

HB Calvin Copeland: 17 car 49 yds (#1 rated HB, #5 overall prospect according to Web Kiper)

JETS

HB Shonn Greene: 28 car 164 yds 2 TDs

--RECIEVING

RAVENS

WR Jameel Bonner: 2 rec 39 yds
    TE Elliott Moore: 3 rec 21 yds (#1 TE, #8 overall prospect according to Web Kiper)
    HB Calvin Copeland: rec 9 yds
    WR Sascha Gilmore: no receptions (#1 WR, #11 overall prospect according to Web Kiper)

JETS

WR Jericho Cotchery: 3 rec 42 yds
    WR Braylon Edwards: 3 rec 37 yds
    HB Shonn Greene: 2 rec 14 yds

--DEFENSIVE

RAVENS

ROLB Axel Ofori: 11 Tackles, sack (#2 ROLB, #13 overall prospect according to Web Kiper)

MLB Sione Taue'etia: 10 tackles (#1 MLB, #2 overall prospect according to Web Kiper)

DT Ronald Thomas: 5 tackles, 2 sacks (#1 DT, #9 overall prospect according to Web Kiper)

LE Elijah Weaks: sack (#2 DE, #18 overall prospect according to Web Kiper)

SS Gavin Swanson: Interception (#1 SS, #3 overall prospect according to Web Kiper)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steelers Rookies Scrimmage vs the Cleveland Browns

BROWNS 31, Steelers 17

--PASSING

STEELERS

QB Nile Turner: 10-14 159 yds TD (#1 QB, #1 overall prospect according to Web Kiper)

BROWNS

QB Colt McCoy: 12-18 161 yds 2 TDs

--RUSHING

STEELERS

HB Jamal Lewis: 16 car 67 yds TD (#3 HB according to Web Kiper)

BROWNS

HB Peyton Hillis: 24 car 95 yds TD

--RECIEVING

STEELERS

WR Bryan Walker: 6 rec 111 yds TD (#2 WR according to Web Kiper)
    WR Micheal Davis: 2 rec 53 yds (#3 WR according to Web Kiper)

BROWNS

WR Josh Cribbs: 3 rec 69 yds TD
    FB Vickers: Rec TD

--DEFENSIVE

STEELERS

MLB Ben Nunez: 6 tackles (#3 MLB according to Web Kiper)

RE J.D. Jones: 6 tackles, Sack (#1 DE, #14 overall prospect according to Web Kiper)

DT Thomas Crawford: 6 tackles, Sack (#2 DT according to Web Kiper)

LE Andrew Snow: 5 tackles, Sack (#3 DE according to Web Kiper)

ROLB Elden Robinson: Forced Fumble (#1 ROLB, #6 overall prospect according to Web Kiper)

MLB Grady Baruch: 6 tackles (#2 MLB, #17 overall prospect according to Web Kiper)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEXT ROOKIE SCRIMMAGE GAME #2 (showcasing new HBs and QBs)
    Ravens Rookies VS Kansas City Chiefs
    Steelers Rookies VS Cincinnati Bengals

2. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Good numbers sammy/web. Is there an EA locker you can upload these rosters too or is that not something madden does?

3. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

once the ravens play the steelers again, ill give u guys the league info, so u guys can scrimmage together with the rookies, or just play with them yourself.....

4. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Web Kipers Stock Watch

Stock rising:

- DT Thomas Crawford: 6 tackles, Sack - This guy has a nose for the ball. Although Thomas is rated higher, Crawford is making a strong case for the middle of the 1st. He will make a 4-3 team very happy. He will be in the next top 25.

- MLB Ben Nunez: 6 tackles - Although not as well rounded as Taue'etia, Nunez is now the #2 MLB in this draft on many draft boards due to his blazing speed.

- DT Ronald Thomas: 5 tackles, 2 sacks - What a great year for 4-3 defensive lineman. I was a little reluctant to put Thomas too high on my board because of so much speed in the draft, but he makes it impossible for me to ignore him. He was bullying NFL centers and guards like he was a 10 year veteran. He is the best 4-3 DT that I have seen since Storm Williams.

Stock dropping:

- CB Martinez Pierce - Speed does not always equal talent. Piece was constantly beat in coverage for big plays. He also was not showing me much in his tackling.

- TE Elliot Moore - With that kind of speed, Moore should be getting way more than 21 yards on 3 catches. Moore is supposed to be in the mold of a Munchie Cosh, but right now I am just not seeing the same ability to get open that Cosh had coming out.

- QB Daniel Tushaus - Tushaus came in trying to show that he could be a good backup QB prospect that a team could count on if their starter went down. I had him wth a 2nd round grade. I wouldn't touch him until the late 3rd at best.

Draft buzz:

MLB - We are hearing that MLB Grady Baruch may be sliding down a lot of draft boards. It is not because of anything he is or isn't doing, but more what he can't do. With Taue'etia and Nunez (both with 95 speed) in this draft, Baruch is finding himself as the #3 MLB on a lot of boards. If he had come out last year, he would have been the top MLB in the draft. What a difference a year makes.

QB - I hear that Nile Turner is already starting to pick out what accessories go best with Black and Gold. This kid is the real deal.

See you next week!
    Web Kiper

5. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

6. Prane

Prane Walk On

Great work guys. Its always a pleasure reading your scouting assessments.

7. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Love it. This is what separates us.

8. StevenRhysCann

StevenRhysCann Arizona Cardinals

This is great work guys, thanks a lot for putting in the effort.

9. backlash

backlash DA BEARS

Great work! Love reading this stuff!

10. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

Game # 2 coming within the hour, or 2.......lol