ROOKIE SCOUTING RESULTS GAME #3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by sammymitchell25, May 24, 2011.

1. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

Rookie Ravens Scrimmage vs Chicago Bears

Ravens 26, Bears 20 F OT

--PASSING

RAVENS

Kenneth Quigley: 11-25 175 yds TD 3 INT (#3 rated QB according to Web Kiper)

--RUSHING

RAVENS

TyMichael Fender: 21 car 118 yds TD (#4 rated HB according to Web Kiper)
    Calvin Copeland: DNP (rest)

--RECEIVING

RAVENS

WR Sascha Gilmore: 5 rec 89 yds (#1 WR, #11 overall prospect according to Web Kiper)

WR Jaylun Franklin: 2 rec 46 yds (#8 rated WR according to Web Kiper)

WR Boris Roland: 2 rec 24 yds TD (GW 72 yd punt ret for TD in OT) (#7 rated WR according to Web Kiper)

TE Elliot Moore: 2 rec 16 yds (#1 TE, #8 overall prospect according to Web Kiper0

WR Jameel Bonner: leaves game after 1st quarter (hamstring) (#4 WR according to Web Kiper)

--DEFENSE

RAVENS

LE Elijah Weaks: 3 tackles, sack (#2 DE, #18 overall prospect according to Web Kiper)

CB Kevin Leopard: 4 tackles, Interception (#1 CB, #4 overall prospect according to Web Kiper)

RE Josh Bennett: 3 tackles, sack (#4 rated RE according to Web Kiper)

SS Gavin Swanson: 4 tackles, FF (#1 SS, #3 overall prospect according to Web Kiper)

RE Landon Jones: Sack ( #2 rated RE according to Web Kiper)

DT Ronald Thomas: Sack (#1 DT, #9 overall prospect according to Web Kiper)

CB Philip Stowers: Interception (#6 rated CB according to Web Kiper)

ROLB Axel Ofori: 7 tackles (#2 ROLB, #13 overall prospect according to Web Kiper)

--KICKING

K Matt Koop: 2/2 FG 40, 48

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steelers Rookie Scrimmage vs Detroit Lions

Lions 50, Steelers 36

--PASSING

STEELERS

Nile Turner: 8-15 188 yds 3 TD INT (#1 QB, #1 overall prospect according to Web Kiper)

--RUSHING

STEELERS

Brandon Jones: 9 car 75 yds TD (#2 HB, #15 overall prospect according to Web Kiper)
    Jamal Lewis: 94 yard KO return to open 2nd half (#3 rated HB according to Web Kiper)

--RECEIVING

STEELERS

WR Bryan Walker: 5 rec 86 yds TD (#2 rated WR according to Web Kiper)

WR Jacob Davis: 2 rec 82 yds 2 TD (#5 rated WR according to Web Kiper)

WR Michael Davis: 1 rec 20 yds (#3 rated WR according to Web Kiper)

--DEFENSE

STEELERS

ROLB Eldon Robinson: 4 tackles, 2 sacks (#1 ROLB, #6 overall prospect according to Web Kiper)

DT Connor McGrath: 3 tackles, Sack (#3 rated DT according to Web Kiper)

FS Awamagbe Alli: 7 tackles (#2 rated FS according to Web Kiper)

MLB Ben Nunez: 5 tackles (#3 rated MLB according to Web Kiper)

SS Marcus Dore: 5 tackles (#2 rated SS according to Web Kiper)

2. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Web Kipers Stock Watch

Stock rising:

- HB TyMichael Fender: 21 car, 118 yds, TD – He is not as highly touted as some of the other running backs in this draft, but he will make an owner very happy in the later first/early second round.

- WR Bryan Walker: 5 rec, 86 yds, TD - Walker has been impressive all combine. He has good speed and is also a very talented kick and punt returner. I think we will hear his name called in the middle to late first round

- ROLB Eldon Robinson: 4 tackles, 2 sacks – Robinson is another guy that has been impressive all combine. He has what it takes to be a top OLB in this league. I look for Robinson to be a top five pick in the draft; falling no further than top 10.

Stock dropping:

- WR Michael Davis: 1 rec 20 yds – He just doesn’t have the speed to be an elite receiver in the OMFL. I can see him dropping late into the 2nd; maybe even into the 3rd round.

- CB Jacobie Ash: If you have been following my write-ups, you may be wondering why you haven't seen his name. A corner with this much speed should be excelling at the combine. The reason is simple; he has been injured the whole time. Anyone can get injured once or twice, but Ash has had to leave practice 5 days during the combine; all for different injuries.

- LE Adam Kitchens – At the beginning of the combine, I had Kitchens as one of my top risers and in my top 25. Kitchens has started every game at end for the Steelers during the combine. He has been bullied by tackles and guards throughout; at times becoming irrelevant and invisible. Someone I once saw as a top prospect has now fallen out of the first round in my view. I think a team may still take him in the first when they look at his measurable, but I predict they will be disappointed.

Draft buzz:

- Huge Deal fell through? I talked last time about a potential blockbuster, but was waiting for confirmation from my sources. I'm told the deal was agreed on, but fell through when one owner pulled out at the last minute. What I was told was the deal would have included a top WR, top HB and 3 picks in the top 5.

- I talked to a team exec today that told me they have Ben Nunez as their top MLB on their board. I don’t want to toot my own horn, but I think I was the first to have Nunez that high and have praised him all combine long. Could Nunex creep into the top 10?

- Titans change the draft. When Coach Ox and the Titans dealt Chris Johnson for Santonio Holmes and the 3rd pick in the draft, it completely changed the top of the board. Coach Ox will now have a lot of control with two picks in the top 11. Conventional wisdom tells me that Calvin Copeland would land in Titans land to replace Johnson, but Coach Ox always has a trick up his sleeve. Don’t start printing that Copeland Jersey out yet.

Hope you enjoyed. See you next week!

Web Kiper

3. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

Great job Web............. I set the table, you bring the steaks lol

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

This is a great job by both of you guys.

Thanks for taking up the slack after I stopped doing 242 player bios.

5. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

You were our inspiration Win............... If i set the table, and Web brought the steaks.........you made us hungry....lol