ROOKIE SYMPOSIUM IS FULL!

Discussion in 'Rookie Symposium' started by RadarRider, Aug 26, 2012.

1. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

Congratulations guys! We did it, The Rookie Symposium is officially a full 32 user league. I want to thank everyone for keep up on the chatter and filling out any necessary information. With that said here are a few things to consider, and do.

- Team Previews: Get. These. Done! I know some people are waiting on the game and that is OK. I do not want to be in week 1 of the regular season and have 27/32 done. If you cannot get a team preview completed then we already have a problem.

- Go over the rules, any thread that has "Must Read" in the topic...read it! post in the thread to confirm that it has been read and that it is understood. If someone goes against our setup and I hear "well i did not know that" your time with RS wont last long. If I hear "yeah but that's dumb" or something along those lines then leave the league, I like all of you and we can all be replaced, me included

- Settings:
    1. All-pro
    2. 10 minute Quarters
    3. 20 Second run-off
    4. Speed: Slow
    5. Threshold: 30

*Myself and other league members have tested these out and they feel great. If you have any concerns or suggest for a slider adjustment please PM me, so we do not clutter the forum. We wont be doing anything drastic, the base set is really good.

- A note on player position changes... best player plays, within reason. If you have CB's for example all of which are 5 points within each other it is fine to mix and match. Do not play a 59 overall CB because he has 97 speed, that is horseshit, and we all know it. Do not take your 63 overall OLB and move him to DE because he has 85 speed. Basically guys regulations are in place to police our selves. If we cannot be adults about it then myself, kdpnutter, Drama84, and The Richuation will do the policing...and I for one will be a prick about it.

-Start suggesting user generated content. A succesful league isn't just about gameplay, its about the relationships we create in this league and we create those strong relationships/rivalries by talking and posting in the forums. With that said, if I hear about or read and negative slander, racial remarks or offensive langauge there will be issues; We are competitive, not negative.

-Please, help keep the forum organized. if you have a question do not create a thread about, PM me, kdpnutter or Drama84. I want to help, they want to help, do not hesitate to ask questions.

-Please post your contact info(optional), team, and gt in the contact forum, it will make setting up the league and communicating much much easier.

-When do we want to start. I could create the league right now if wanted and have it ready for everyone come Tuesday, I could setup Tuesday and not advance until after labor day weekend. I want to make this work for all of us. Let me know what you think

Once again, thank you all for your collective efforts and excitement, you have all made my life a little easier. The Fun has even begun!

Fast Feet Pete
    Bryce Rogers
    Aspect1
    MS8403
    SFRANGER6969
    MartyBall101
    Jolts57
    iBleedOrange247
    Gngsta4Lyphe
    Papa Perry
    RRAHx2
    kdpnutter
    Matthew Keves
    Makoewler13
    RichFire956
    SmashMouthFB33
    nellycuz
    SunofGod5
    The Richuation
    The Rulah
    CTfromDC
    Drama84
    Boman5
    Elemnt
    gerg
    sschevyridah
    hugezombie
    GDip
    RadarRider
    Selvy9
    Sarvinator
    oneshot24

2. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

One more note: Play practice games with each other, test the slider set, make sure we are all the same page in-terms of gameplay, etc. HAVE FUN!

3. Bryce Rogers

Bryce Rogers Walk On

My vote for starting is get the league set up between now and Tuesday, and then have week one be due by say next Tuesday/Wednesday or something like that. Give people the ability to get to know the game, and enough time due to the labor day weekend. Just my opinion though!

4. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

Are we gonna wait for final rosters? I don't know how soon EA can get them up, but seeing how the final preseason game\final cuts aren't for a week or so after the game's release, just wondering how this would be handled. Also, 10 minute quarters? Good Lord!

5. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Actually 10 min quarters with the run off time will be under an hour and roughly be around 60 plays a side for the game. It works out well. I would want to wait for final cut downs, as we just saw with the Jackson deal and the Cundiff cutting, it can change a team very quickly and their cap space. Especially with late in the preseason injuries might be a signing for a team that otherwise we wouldn't have.

RadarRider Your thoughts?

6. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

Alright, anyone object to waiting for final cuts? I for one would not mind waiting since Douglas (NYG rookie) is not on the giants roster. Just to avoid any concerns all PRE-existing injuries will not be included at the star of the league.

7. gerg

gerg Walk On

I am in agreement on waiting for final rosters. Likely meaning, we will be waiting to start with the start of the actual season ( forgive my short term memory, as I forget where I read it) with the rosters being available somewhere around 9/11.

8. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

Wow 9/11 is a 2 weeks from game release...guys will be getting antsy!!

9. Sarvinator

Sarvinator Walk On

I definitely think we should wait for roster update.

10. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

Plenty of time to get in preseason exhibition games though, get a feel for where you might be in the league and whether or not you need to try to upgrade through trades or what not. But yea, I'd hate to start the season as Seattle and have EA not update in time and have to start with T.O. on the roster, lol

11. Sarvinator

Sarvinator Walk On

What does "threshold" refer to in the settings?

12. Elemnt

Elemnt Walk On

T.O. just got cut. No worries there!

I do vote however to wait until final rosters.

13. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

No I know, that's my point. I'd hate to "start" our league Tuesday with the release when EA hasn't had time to update final rosters, so I get stuck with T.O. on my roster even though he's been cut, along with however many cuts need to be made before everyone's down to 53

14. Aspect1

Aspect1 Walk On

I vote for waiting as well.

15. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

As of right now, we will be waiting for after final roster cut downs. This will also give us a good idea on who is in it for the long haul and who isn't. I highly suggest all of us get in some scrimmages and get familiar with the CCM aspects, as well as some content. If people are up for a podcast preview we could arrange for that too I would just have to look some more into it and get all the finalized stuff on how to do it and we can get one in for the preseason.

A final date will be announced by our esteemed Commissioner RadarRider, in the mean time if you have not done your Team Preview yet, Get to it! If you have GREAT! Now let's start thinking some good content to keep the league interesting for everyone and make this one of the better leagues, just because it is a new league doesn't mean it can't be one of the best leagues for Madden! (y)

Fast Feet Pete
    Bryce Rogers
    Aspect1
    MS8403
    SFRANGER6969
    MartyBall101
    Jolts57
    iBleedOrange247
    Gngsta4Lyphe
    Papa Perry
    RRAHx2
    kdpnutter
    Matthew Keves
    Makoewler13
    RichFire956
    SmashMouthFB33
    nellycuz
    SunofGod5
    The Richuation
    The Rulah
    CTfromDC
    Drama84
    Boman5
    Elemnt
    gerg
    sschevyridah
    hugezombie
    GDip
    RadarRider
    Selvy9
    Sarvinator
    oneshot24

Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Bryce Rogers

Bryce Rogers Walk On

I just wanted to clear it up, I will be writing my preview after I get the game. Want to get a feel for it, and see who I plan to use! Then I will have a full write up!

17. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

I vote to wait and should have my preview done at some point today!!

18. MS8403

MS8403 Walk On

Once I can take a look at the Bills roster, I'll get my preview up.

19. SmashMouthFB33

SmashMouthFB33 Walk On

Waiting for final rosters is the way to go!!!