Rookies of the Cycle?

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, May 24, 2013.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Alright, time for some more debates and voting!

Feel free to nominate your own players, or others. Once we have some good names together I'll put up another "pick 3" type of poll and narrow it down to one.

You can use whatever criteria you want. Maybe you weigh it to stats, maybe you weigh it towards potential, maybe you weigh it towards current ratings.... whatever you want... just give us your opinion on the best.

I started today in the CB with my nomination. Danthraxxx 's Deangelo McClaine.

Dan, post his attributes and shiz.

Thanks for participating all

• Like Like x 2
  2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    tumblr_m8fu3etzdf1r6v7x1.gif

INB4 that looks like me.

• Like Like x 2
  3. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Still one of my favorite gifs ever.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

The cheesy FS from Tampa! :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Keller

TMFL - sorry Shaun. Its league wide content though.

6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I'm going to post a tagging etiquette guide.

7. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

[​IMG]
    MLB Matt Patrick who won DROY and then DPOY this year. Currently an 88 OVR after his second season.
    Year 1: 105 TAK 16 TFL 2 Sacks 5 INT 10 Pass deflections 3 FF 2 FR
    Year 2: 98 TAK 21 TFL 2 Sacks 10 INT 4 Pass Deflections 5 FF 0 FR

Would also like to add that Patrick stepped in after Urlacher retired and immediately filled the void in the defense. After we lost Briggs it was his defense to lead and he ended up having one of the best years a LB has ever had with 10 INT's. He also was a part the defense that was second in the league in Takeaways this year and first in Fumble recoveries with 25, 7 more than any other team.

WR Mustafa Spain
    Year 1: (Bears) 70 Catches 1433 Yd's 12 TD's. 89 OVR at the end of his first year
    Year 2: (Skins) 57 Catches 709 yards 1 TD. 89 OVR*
    *Injured year two.

Last edited: May 24, 2013
  8. Keller

I was hoping to get more than just overalls from people, fwiw.

9. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I can post stats later when I'm off work , I know McClaine had a monster rookie year and is easily the best TE in the league now. Damn fine blocker too in the run game I might add.

10. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

(y)

11. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

McClaine 2013 stats : 76 rec 1272 yards 14 TD's

Helped lead Wilson to his best season , and our 1st division title of 3 straight.

12. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Jemale Hall - FS (Originally a 76 OVR now an 84 OVR)

[​IMG]

3 Seasons
    2013 - 63 TKL, 3 INT, 7 PDF, 2 FF
    2014- 67 TKL, 6 INT, 9 PDF, 1 FF
    2015 - 71 TKL, 4 INT, 15 PDF, 0 FF
    Total - 201 TKL, 13 INT, 31 PDF, 3 FF

Hall was our first ever pick after taking over the Jets. He surprisingly fell to us at #15 OVR in the draft and we've been counting our blessings ever since. He came to a team that only had journeyman on the backend, like Yermiah Bell and Eric Smith, and completely solidified the position from the first snap of pre-season onward. Hall made a number of key plays during the season that led us to the AFC Championship game in 2014. The picture of consistency and leadership Hall is exactly what you look for in a football player.

I also have an up and coming WR I drafted in 2014, Gregory Stewart. He had a quite rookie season but exploded for 1,223 yards and 9 TD this season, playing all over the formation and filling in for Santonio Holmes who missed a lot of games this year.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Keller

no one else wants to gush about a rookie they have that just turned out to be a stud?

guess my vote stays with McClaine. i think Spain is probably up there as well for me

14. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

I second Hova's vote for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' FS Josh Morris!

JMorris2.jpg
    JMorris1.jpg

J. Morris was coming into the league after a stellar Senior season at The Ohio State Univ, touted as one of the best all around Safeties entering the league since Sean Taylor. Drafted second by the Bucs only behind the often injured but phenom Jason Judge, Morris had instant pressure and expectations filling the shoes of veteran Ronde Barber. Morris has done nothing but produce with his time in Tampa, being top 3 in all defensive statics aside from sacks since joining the Bucs. His presence has helped turn the Bucs horrid secondary in to a problem for all would be backs and receivers. Voted to start in each Pro Bowl and winning Defensive ROTY honors highlight his personal achievements. More importantly he was a critical piece in the turn around of the Bucs, from a team only winning 3 games to being a constant thorn in the sides of great veterans such as Antcap, Capp34, and HotRod.

Free Safety Jemale Hall of the Jets was Morris' rival coming in to the league and is currently being voted on, for compassion only we will crunch numbers.

Jemale Hall 84 OVR NYJ
    Total - 201 TKL, 13 INT, 31 PDF, 3 FF

Josh Morris 78 OVR TB
    Total - 225 TKL, 16 INT, 18 PDF, 15 FF - 4 DEF TD, Longest INT being 99 yard score.

Morris bolsters attributes such as:
    84 Zone, 82 Tackle, 98 Hit Power, 91 Speed, 90 Acc, 91 Agility, 95 Stam, 99 Tough, 94 Inj

In a game where defense is hard to come by, Morris is a true force to be reckoned with on the field.

15. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Not sure how many TDs Hall has, but we'd be equal in INTs if something hadn't happened in Week 17 last season. Can't compete with those FF though, you play him in the box a lot or over at SS?

16. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

He's a young, less reckless T. Polamalu ... Mark Barron plays the SS, and has also done very well. Morris has a huge range with his speed and is up on run support and deep for coverage. Most of his FF are in the second level with backs who've broken a tackle or two or receivers across the middle on drags/slants/post ins...

• Like Like x 1