Roster Awards

Discussion in '4th Horseman' started by Abominatrix, May 8, 2012.

1. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

So, as promised, I calculated the averages of everyone's roster and pulled the most important data for you all to see. This obviously means little to me, as I haven't recruited anyone on my team, but you can compare your team to others. This speaks to your own recruiting tendencies (assuming you've been with a particular program a while). I plan to do this at the beginning of each season. I know its quite worthless now, because we only have about 2 more seasons to go, but this is half for your interest, and half for me to test my spreadsheets :p. Enjoy!

I added the two recent teams whose coaches left, as well.

4HODS8.png

I guess what they say about Florida speed is true...

• Like Like x 4
  2. papaloke

papaloke Fifty Shades of NCAA

Whoa...looks awesome! Baron and I (UAB) have been with the same teams since the inception so we've had more years to recruit. Of course Hawaii has won the last 3 national championships and has had monster recruiting classes. What's everyone's take on Awareness? That's always been a hard one for me to grade, would you play a guy that has high awareness over one that has a higher spd/acc?

3. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Depends on the position..... on defense if you user control a certain spot awareness is moot for that guy, but for safeties and LBs AWR and Play Rec are huge even if they are a couple points below on speed etc. Also, on O-line and FB awareness results in fewer missed assignments, for QB high awareness means he's less rattled on the road which impacts the preplay art and his accuracy under pressure

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wyrmreaver

Good stuff Abominatrix

I knew UAB and FIU's rosters looked really fast

5. Wyrmreaver

papaloke

AWR for WR or TE can be very important if you like to run option routes....

6. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Ho. Li. Shit. That's incredible.

Awesome stuff Abominatrix.

But you gotta factor in that I have like 13 WR's that are probably bumping up those rankings. I'm so thin on the lines that I've become what I swore I wouldn't: A bunch of fast, pansy-ass, basketball-on-turf spreadholes.

That and the fact that I don't like my odds against Heisman, to say nothing of my dismal record against users.

7. Wyrmreaver

Sandbagger..... check the sliders..... it's Heisman-Lite

8. Wyrmreaver

Plus I run the spread option with Army on Heisman with tougher sliders in After Midnight..... you should be fine, the read option works pretty well

9. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

BTW, there's a lot of flexibility in the data I can pull out, so if you have any requests, let me know. From WR corps with the most speed to D-linemen with the best finesse rush to safeties with the most throw accuracy...I can do a lot of analysis on the roster files.

Things I can sort by:
    Year (freshman, sophomore, etc)
    Position/Position group (I can filter only the WRs, or get WRs and TEs, etc)
    State (Florida, Georgia, etc)
    And the most useful: First name, Last name, Hometown

So if you want to compare your players with the last name Smith vs. everyone else's Smiths....I could do it :p

• Like Like x 1
  10. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

So what you're trying to say is that I suck at recruiting? lol. Granted I have just a season and a half here, and had 25 seniors on the team I took over, so still working with a lot of underclassmen. It does make me feel a little better about going 9-5 last season with an average overall team of 69 though, lol. (of course, I have a few o-linemen who are rated under 50 because they're walkons the CPU signed and I couldn't cut because it would've put me under the required number at that position, but still)

11. Wyrmreaver

Abominatrix

I'd be interested in seeing position comparisons.....
    • How do peoples WR corps stack up, who has best hands, route running, speed etc.
    • Who has the best HBs, fastest? Strongest? best trucking or elusiveness?
    • LB Corps - who has the most speed and acceleration vs who has the best AWR and play rec..... same for safeties but add coverage
    • DE - who gets the best outside pressure
    Not suggesting you necessarily do all of those, just saying I like what you did and other graphs would be interesting to look at as well

12. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

Once I get the time, I'll mess around and see if I can spit this stuff out. Seems doable, I'm just kinda busy ATM D:

13. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

WRs
    WR OVR and SPD.png
    WR Catch and RR.png

HBs
    HB OVR SPD and STR.png
    HB TRK.png HB ELU.png
    LBs
    LBs Large.png
    LBs PRC.png
    Safeties
    Safeties Large.png
    Safeties Large2.png
    DEs
    DE PMV and FMV.png

That was fun :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

Good Lord, man. Thanks for putting into numbers and charts how horribly mediocre my team is! lol :p