Roster Changes

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hokie Effect, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Roster Changes

I was proactive and assuming we are gonna use Lan's V1 rosters, so I made edits to Va Tech's roster WITHOUT changing ratings. You can upload my roster in the EA Locker GT: Hokie Effect. Just post that you did and what changes you are making to YOUR team only. We have to take turns, only one person can edit at a time. This new roster file we create will then be the one we use in the dynasty. Here are the changes I made and links used to make changes:

http://cfn.scout.com/2/871672.html
    http://www.hokiesports.com/football/players/
    http://hokienationblog.blogspot.com/2009/07/william-alvarez-khalil-latif-leave.html

WR #24 change to #29 Xavier Boyce 223lbs
    WR #14 change to #4, #14 is FS Lorenzo Williams
    WR #84 change to #83
    TE #83 change to #84
    LE #90 change to #33 Chris Drager rsSo white
    RE#49 change to #48
    DT #96 change to #59 rsFR
    Change LOLB #36 to second string ROLB and change ROLB #26 to first string LOLB
    CB #40 change to #37 Jacob Sykes
    CB # 13 change #10, #13 is WR Randall Dunn (not on game though)
    FS #37 change to #14 Lorenzo Williams So 6’2” 212
    FS #33 change #31, #33 is Chris Drager
    K#6 change to #49 5'11" 190

LG #76 Transferred changed to starting RG #68 Jaymes Brooks 6’2” 300lbs rsSO
    RG#68 changed to second string RG #71 Vinston Painter 6’5” 310lbs rsFR
    RG #70 change to starting LG
    LT# 75 change to second string LG
    RT #64 change to #72 Andrew Lanier 6’5” 274lbs rsSO
    RG #65 change to second string LT #54 Nick Becton 6’5” 292 lbs rsFR black

2. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Are we taking turns with this? What's the order?

3. Hokie Effect

First we need lilmaggie to chime in an okay this I guess. But in the meantime I would just post in this thread that you want to make roster changes, what changes you are making, and when you are finished so the next person can take a crack at it if they would like. Post your GT and we then have to upload the last person's roster to make new changes. And I guess lilmaggie can have the final version to proof and then we will download from him.

4. BDSDIGITAL

In TF 4 Murkya commented that the rosters can be changed in the O.D. itself which is true. I think it would be smart to wait until we get the invite then make our changes in the dynasty that way we don't have to pass the file around. Thoughts? We could accept the invite Tuesday, Then take two days to do our rosters and preseason schedule and open the season Friday as suggested before.

5. BDSDIGITAL

Murkya commented in TF4 that we could always make the changes inside the dynasty. I think that would be a good idea that way we don't have to pass the file around and risk someone not altering the right file. Thoughts? We could start Tomorrow after we get the invites and give everyone like two days to fix their own roster and do their preseason schedule and then maybe start play on Friday as suggested before. Thoughts anyone?

6. Hokie Effect

castortroy can you host a dummy online dynasty and send an invite to me. I want to experiment with this myself just to confirm this theory. I hate for us to bank on this and it fall through.

Since I don't have anything to do tonight or tomorrow (being a teacher is great) I can edit rosters if guys give me templates of who and what to change with links as evidence. See my post as an example.

7. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

In the dynasty you'll be able to edit the players name, number, and appearance. You WON'T be able to change their positions or their year/class. This is a problem for the UF roster and I'm sure some other ones.

I'll try to post a template for UF later tonight. Thanks for taking on this task.

8. Hokie Effect

Castor just informed me that you can change positions during preseason schedule of dynasty. I have already done my changes and don't mind changing others before we start if template is provided. One less thing to worry about and we can use my roster to start the dynasty. This way I also don't have to redo my changes on another roster file again.:)

9. BDSDIGITAL

I don't think I'm going to have any position changes to make so I should be good with just changing names and numbers which I can do in dynasty myself. Miami's roster from what I saw looked pretty good so I'm not too overly worried about it. You guys go ahead and I'll take care of mine when I do my preseason recruiting.

10. GoGators

I'll need mine done before we start the OD because I have guys on the roster who aren't on the team any more and guys freshman recruits that aren't on there. Like I said earlier, I'll hopefully have this for you by tonight.

11. GoGators

Here's my roster updates for UF.

Sources are depth chart and 2009 recruiting class per www.rivals.florida.com
    &
    http://www.gatorzone.com/football/bios.php

RG #50 S. Robey change to Center
    RT #78 D. Young change to RG
    C #79 C. Hobbs change to RT #58 Nick Alajajian Freshman 6'2" 280 lbs He was rated a 4 star out of high school so to match him with other 4 star recruits in the game he should be around a 78-81 overall. Probably do that via awareness.

DT #47 B. Antwine change to ROLB Jelani Jenkins Freshman 6'2" 220 lbs He was a 5 star recruit this year (#2 LB in country) Based off Andre Debose and other 5 star recruits, he should be in the 82-84 range overall. I'd make him a carbon copy of LOLB Lerentee McCray.

DT #98 T. Epps change to DT Gary Brown Freshman 6'3" 275 lbs. Another 5 star recruit this year so reduce to an 82 overall.

LOLB #52 J. Bostic change to MLB

FS #37 J. Curtis change to FS Joshua Evans 6'2" 185 lbs 4 star recruit so 78-82 overall range. Runs a 4.43 40 by rivals standards so should grade out with a 89 - 90 spd rating because he's 0.03 seconds slower than D. Finley.

DT #98 E Herbert change to CB #27 Adrian Bushell Sophomore 5'10" 180. Should be rated 74-78 overall.

12. Hokie Effect

Changed everything but DT Herbert and DT Antwine. To much to change different positions with different ratings. I may play with it but as of now I will upload my roster with these changes minus the 2.

13. GoGators

If you don't want to do the DT Herbert one that's fine. I'd appreciate it if you did the Antwine to Jelani Jenkins one though. As I suggested, just make him a copy of LOLB Larantree McCray. He is a really big recruit for us this year that will have an impact this season. It's kind of crappy to not have one of your best freshman on the team.

14. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

This all seems ok, but I am confused as to what I am supposed to do when I start the Dynasty. Just get my rosters from Hokie. Also, Not that I question any ones integrity, but be careful with changing the ratings. So someone tell me exactly what I am supposed to do tomorrow night when I get ready to open this thing up.

15. lilmaggie

I am confused. Where do I get the rosters for tomorrow night.

16. Hokie Effect

Go to the EA Locker and download roster from my Gamer Tag: Hokie Effect

Look through the changes I made for Va Tech and Florida to okay it. Make sure that roster is uploaded before you set up the dynasty and send invites and we ready to roll.

17. CapnCrunch

CapnCrunch Walk On

Heck yes. I am ready !!

18. Hokie Effect

Changed DT Antwine through some negotiations with Gator. If anyone else wants minor changes done to there roster send a template and I can work on it tomorrow morning.

19. BDSDIGITAL

I didn't think we were allowed to change ratings. If we are we shouldn't be.

20. GoGators

You kind of have to change ratings when you switching positions. It doesn't make sense to have a DTs ratings when the player is an OLB.

The OFFL league I'm in is waiting a while longer to start to get the OS community rosters once they're complete. I think if there's an issue with the rosters that Hokie has made, we should do this as well. The idea of a SIM dynasty is to play with actual rosters. If we're not going to do this, well then why don't we change to a TEAMBUILDER dynasty?

21. BDSDIGITAL

I know what you're saying but something just isn't right about the whole thing imho. That's up to the commissioner though.

22. Hokie Effect

I posted this in another thread regarding the OS rosters.

There are always going to be mistakes. I downloaded the OS community rosters this morning (89/120). Download from GT: ROMANCAESAR

Their Va Tech roster was done half ass....guess whoever did them did not have any ties. My corrections were more complete and the Va Tech roster wasn't even that messed up.

We are just as good with using Lan's rosters as a base and making our own changes if needed. Plus we can start tonight and there are no guarentees when the OS rosters will be done.

My vote is to open it up tonight or Wednesday the latest with my roster idea

23. Hokie Effect

As for the rating changes I made to Florida. Believe me I benefit nothing into making better ratings for players on Florida's roster. The ratings made were for 1 freshmen not on the game that probably will be on the roster come kickoff. I looked at the player profiles and the ratings seem to be justified. Plus Florida's roster is stacked no matter how you look at it. I am leaning towards Gator with the whole "sim" idea on rosters. Feel free to download my roster GT: Hokie Effect.

I just want to get this thing rolling. We have been talking long enough. It's time to take the field.

24. BDSDIGITAL

I hear that!

25. lilmaggie

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.