Roster Edit Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by -4-, Jul 9, 2011.

1. -4-

-4- Walk On

Please post any important roster edits that you want me to consider doing between the time a named roster set comes out and the time we start.

I don't want to do a buttload of them, but if they are important I will for sure do them. I'm sure there won't be a good edited set until 1 week or more after the release.

Please no... "This guy needs so and so facemask". I'm only talking about adding/removing players. I really don't even want to touch ratings either, but if it is a serious issue I will do something about it.

Please mention important CPU team issues as well.

For MSU, I need to add DE William Gholston. Guy started as a freshman last year and was pretty good as well. He was a 5-star recruit, so I have no idea why he isn't on the roster.

2. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I posted about this in the experience. If your going to make gholston, grab his ratings from '11 to use as a base for '12. It will make it more true to life and you won't have to fabricate things comepletely.

3. Outspoknpoet

Outspoknpoet Shock and Awesome

I think we should be very weary about changing players' ratings and creating players... especially for our own teams. Not that I think anyone would cheat or something like that, but bias is allllways there.

4. -4-

-4- Walk On

Yeah, I understand. I'm really only talking about adding important players that were left off the rosters for some odd reason. I wouldn't edit some guy just because I or someone else didn't like his ratings. I just want Gholston to play. I don't care if he's exactly what his build was from last year's game, that'd be fine with me, but he is supposed to be an integral part of the defense this year.

He is NOT a 71 overall backup MLB.

5. Outspoknpoet

Do we yet know if we can edit rosters in Online Dynasties like we are rumored to be able to in Offline?... I would really like to see us do something that would allow for us to progress a player if they perform like a Heisman front-runner...

6. chopper393

chopper393 Walk On

This is from OS:

The first update I’ll mention is 100% the result of you in the community making your voice heard about a feature you wanted to see added. With the update you will now be able to edit rosters from inside of Dynasty mode. Plus, in Online Dynasty the commissioner will have the ability to edit rosters. It’s almost unheard of to have a new feature added during a title update as we tend to focus more on updates to what already exists in the game, but we wanted to take the opportunity to show you guys our appreciation for being such a dedicated, hardcore fan base. Source- http://www.ea.com/ncaa-football/blog/launch-day-update

I like this feature mainly because it will enable us to do something I've wanted back for awhile.....medical redshirts. Just show -4- that your stud QB gets injured in your 1st game and he can go back in the offseason and take off the year your QB gained.

7. kinqskid

kinqskid Walk On

I just read at Operations Sports from someone who has the game that you can't place players on medical redshirts or edit their class year. But I'm very leery of editing in Online Dynasty because what's the use of battling for recruits in the offseason if teams can just bump up a 3* to have 5* ratings. I think -4- should only edit missing players (adding) and only CPU created teams to maybe bump them up to keep them competitive throughout the OD. But user team player editing shouldn't be allowed... IMHO

8. chopper393

chopper393 Walk On

You can't edit class yet because that update is coming out on release day I believe.

9. -4-

-4- Walk On

Like I said, I Don't really want to edit players at all. But having William Gholston as a 71 overall back-up MLB would drive me up a wall.

I'm hoping that someone un-biased will have a set with the important updates done so it's a non-issue.

I will not be using roster editing capabilities at all once the dynasty starts. So I'd like to have it as good as poosible before hand.

The only thing I might do with that capabilty is name the top 100 or so recruits to real-life counterparts for the first year or two if it allows me to do so at the beginning of the year. Otherwise the feature is just going to be ignored.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Outspoknpoet

I would say something about Michael Eubank at ASU, but I think his OVR is just about right... I just don't know if his throw power is.

11. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

They have Cobi Hamilton's speed WAY wrong. Dude is one of fastest guys in country with pads on. They have him at 80 speed. He's a 4.4 guy.

In fact all the speed ratings are wrong. Arkansas has 4 WR's on the Biletnikoff Watch list...FOUR.

They have Joe Adams with 90 speed, Joe Adams runs a 4.3 flat.....when fastest WR is Jarius Wright (4.27 40yd) and they have him at 90 speed.

Knile Davis, starting RB, ran a 4.29 40 yet he only has 91 speed on the game....

They have Julian Horton (#2 jersey) with a 90 speed and he ran over a 4.4 40.....Jevonate Herndon(#19jersey and fastest WR according to EA) has 93 speed on the game yet he runs a 4.37 in real life.....

I'd like to see the ratings fixed for Knile, Joe, and Jarius.

On D side, they have Issac Madison(#6jersey and starting CB with 84 freaking speed. Dude ran a 4.36 in the spring....COME ON MAN!!!

LDE Jake Bequette runs a 4.56 this springs yet he has 80 speed on the game?? WTF.

12. -4-

-4- Walk On

Decided Im not editing ratings at all.

Ill wait til either romancaesar's or he OS community ones come out and we'll use those. Only thing id do is remove players if necessary (Pryor).

Arkansas is over-rated as it is. :)

40 times don't necessarily equate to on field speed anyways, and raising speed would just add an unnessary advatage to whoever was raised.

• Like Like x 2
  13. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

1. Shut your mouth about Arkansas. They'd march up and down the field on Michigan State so much, people would think the whole game was the halftime show.

2. 40 yd dash is indicative of straight line speed.....which is what the speed is in football games. Acceleration and agility comes into play when talking about game movements.....

3. I said I'd like them to be raised, but I knew they wouldn't be.

14. -4-

-4- Walk On

Im not one to talk trash like you obviously are, but I doubt that.

15. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

You can loosen up...it won't hurt ya...lol