Roster Question

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by jdrhammer, Jul 18, 2010.

1. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

Roster Question

I've been messing with rosters a little, mainly Ole Miss, and I have a question for everyone. I know we won't be able to wait on luv's rosters, as great as they'll be but I want them to be fairly accurate as far as getting rid of players who aren't on a team any longer due to getting kicked off etc, or Freshmen who don't qualify and all that.

I'm editing Ole Miss but I've actually lowered more guys than I've raised so it isn't some cheesy thing I'm doing. I've done this for years and I try to make them as life-like as possible.

One thing that really bothers me is how blown-up the roster guy botched Bama. It's ridiculous and I've seen firsthand how good Bama is and some guys aren't that good. I just want them to be reasonable and some of Bama's aren't.

I guess I just need to see what you guys think about them and if you want me to edit Bama. I'm going to get the DE from USC on UT's roster and kick Myles off UT. All the obvious stuff, I plan to do in the morning.

In the past two OD's I've went thru each SEC team and changed positions and did very little slight ratings changes to the select few, then got the depth chart right before we started the OD. I would change a ROLB to LOLB or something like that to get their positions right for balance to make the roster like it really is. I don't feel like doing that but there are a few ratings changes that need to be made, especially Bama. I know they have recruited lights out but a FR who redshirted last year shouldn't be from 85-95, I'm sorry to those who feel they should. Like I said, I'm not trying to cheat anyone, but the field isn't level with the original rosters.

Let me know if this is good enough for some of you and you can view the rosters. I'll try to upload what I have right now which is most of Ole Miss and a couple small changes I've tooled around with.

2. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Personally, I don't mind waiting for luv's work.

But as always, I'm open to whatever the popular vote chooses.

3. THEiv

THEiv Walk On

Yeah I don't mind waiting either... there is far too many 90s in this game, and far too many 80s burried on powerhouse depth charts. I don't care how good a program is... they shouldn't have 85s in their three deep. Also waters down recruiting as far as I'm concerned... so id rather wait for luvs rosters... or at least allow u jdr, more than a day to alter the sec rosters as necessary. Don't care so much about the cpu rosters. Just my two cents.

4. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

what luv's estimation on when he will be done

5. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

Yikes!!!... I just saw we Luv stated he wont have roster's done until opening day..That 45 days from now!! I vote to do it the JDR way!

6. Itsnotagame

Itsnotagame Walk On

Not sure on luv's roster but we got to level off someone Bamas roster. Forgot.to get my Phil steels mag this year as its pretty close to the real thing.

7. nkmi1984

nkmi1984 Walk On

Can someone check if Auburn HB Onterio McCallebb is REALLY an 83 speed?????

8. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

McCaleb will be faster than that when we set our rosters. That's one that is way off. He's much closer to 93, even with the way accleleration is incorporated this year.

9. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

ok guys, yall kno that there will be a second patch because even though this is an awsome game, i just dont think that its ready for organized play, i think we should wait so ea can do what they need to do on their end and jd along with the rest of the roster guys can do what it is they need to do(lets not forget that jd did a great jobe last time with sec roster corrections) with that said i think we need to get sec speed beta moving, we need to use this time for evaluations on new AND older coaches, we need to get some time in this game and see if we need to make any rule changes and get an idea for sliders tweaks as well, oh yeah, and i believe that my LSU tigers are just as overrated as alabama, there are too many tigers in the high 80's, we sucked sooooo badly last season, jordan jefferson and russell shepard's ratings are sooooo overrated i almos puked lol, but all in all, i think we need to be a little patient with this one but still use our time wisely

10. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

I put what I have up so you can check them out.

I lowered a few LSU guys a little, mostly DE's it seems. Also, lowered Loston a little. I lowered his coverage skills and upped his tackle and hit power. If I'm not mistaken, he's strong in run support but lacked the coverage skills. They have him as more of a speedy coverage guy. I know he's a good athlete but I don't know if he's as fast as they have him.

I tried not to do anything drastic. I didn't have to do much, if anything to Vandy, and I haven't gotten to Tennessee yet because I know they'll need work. Miss. St. needed some but I think I covered them pretty good. As for South Carolina, I don't know much about them.

For Bama, I lowered mostly FR and SO's.

11. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

WeLl if yall wann wait dats cool