"Roster Talk"

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by DigginGraves, Jun 10, 2009.

1. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

"Roster Talk"

This seems like a hot topic for the dynasty...

How should we implement rosters for the created schools?

Idea 1:
    Draft for teams to replace and take their exact roster for your team.

Idea 2: Piece together your roster from any players on the CAS website using guidelines to determine what players you can/can't use.

I personally think idea 1 is a better/easier option and will ensure that no players are featured twice in the leauge.

2. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

I agree. Going with the preset rosters for the teams you're replacing would definitely be the better route and would result in a much easier time of getting everything together once we get into the full swing of everything.

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I lean more towards 2, but I really don't care.

I just want to get to name my players, which I will get to do regardless so it doesnt really matter

4. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I don't care either. I want to name my guys. I guess we will have to wait and see how this whole roster thing shakes out with EA. They are saying that if they fix it on the disc, something might not work out with the teambuilder site. So, we will have to wait it out.

5. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Have we decided how this is going to work?

6. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

Alright guys, I'm thinking we do this. I'm going to have a draft for teams that we will replace in our chosen conferences and then you can either use their random generated names or create your own. I'll start a new thread for the draft and we can go from there.

7. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Sounds good to me.

8. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

With the knowledge of our teams' roster being a bit fucked when it comes to not having many freshman on the team (some teams with none at all) it appears that the OFFL's solution is to allow the editing of rosters enough to where each team has 10 freshman players.

Any team with less than 10 freshman can make any player of 70 overall or below into a freshman. You can't change ANYTHING else about the player, just their year.

Here's the post about it in the OFFL TB dynasty: http://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2867

What do you guys think of that?

Currently, out of the teams selected, this is the number of freshman on their roster:

Memphis - 2
    SMU - 1
    Tulsa - 5
    UCF - 4

9. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

Thanks Mors!

I love the idea personally.... here is a "cut" from that post that should explain it pretty well.

The Solution – I’m going to allow you to “create†your own freshmen class of 10 by switching the years of guys already on your roster. Here’s the conditions:

- the player must be 70 OV or LOWER
    - you can only switch as many guys as would take you up to 10 freshmen total. So the Mustangs can switch 8, while the Bulldogs can switch 6.
    - No other editing of those players is allowed.
    - You MUST create a list of the guys you changed complete with position and jersey number. That way I can double check things before bringing your team into the league.

Everyone cool with this?

10. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I don't know about other teams. But I was just looking at mine. I have 1 FR. And only 2-3 of the players would fit into the sub 70 OVR category that are JR or >. Meaning I have a enough to get 9 players into this sytem but almost all of them would be SO. Gaining 1 year of elgibilty doesn't seem all that useful when the teams should have plenty of useful FR already.

And players under 70 OVR rarely progess enough to be useful with the horrible base stats they have. So teams that suffer from this problem a lot are going to be super short on young talent to groom and use in the future even if we follow this system.

Just my opinion, whatever everyone else decides is cool with me.

11. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Player progression will work differently in '10. Players will start out lower and progress more significantly each year. That 70 OV freshman could end up 90+.

12. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

While I agree that some of those freshman are going to be useless (especially the guy that are in their 40s and 50s) you also have to remember that 70 overall isn't a terrible rating either, especially for freshmen. That's around what a 3 star recruit is going to be with this year's game.

You have to remember that 10 supposedly made it where players progress more after a season than they used to, resulting in a player going from maybe a 74 or 75 as a freshman to a 95 or so as a senior.

Also, you have to remember that they've fixed it where speed isn't the be all end all anymore and other ratings matter more, especially if you are recruiting for specific schemes.

Also, for that above, there was a suggestion in the thread about being able to have UP TO 10 freshman but that you didn't have to do it if you didn't want to.

The main reason for it is because, for most teams, between not having any freshman and the number of seniors most teams will be losing, it's highly likely that guys will be recruiting 20+ players next season and most, if not all, will have to be used right out of the gate without having the luxury of redshirting them.

13. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Is this the strategy we are going with? Or are we waiting for after release to decide?

I'm excited to finish my team =].

14. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

Yes I think this is a good idea...

Simple rules to follow...

You can ONLY change guys if you have 9 or less Freshman. If you already have your 10 freshman or more than you can not create any more.

The player MUST be OVR rated 70 or below.

Use your best judgement guys... we are all adults... don't cheat and try to "bend" the rules. Make sure to give yourself 10 Freshmen... without them you may be in trouble come season 2.

15. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

This is fine with me..