Rosters and Beta

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by jdrhammer, Aug 4, 2010.

1. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

Rosters and Beta

First off, try to help us out and let's get something accomplished with the Beta. We need to know what you all think about sliders, gameplanning, who can/can't be used in formation subs, rosters etc.

Once we do begin the real thing, we're not taking all day to send out texts and beg everyone to join. I hope this beta test isn't a sign of what's to come when we start the real one or we'll have to move on to the next person.

As for rosters, I'm as ready to start as the next person. However, I wasn't even thinking it would be possible for luvtha9's rosters to be complete but he's on UTEP today so there can't be too many teams left to edit. We'll try to see when they'll be done but it may be worth the wait.

2. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

i tweeted luv a hour ago, he said he has 9, yes, 9 more teams togo, also rumour has it that the first tuner set will launch thurs at 8am cst, man, if it werent for shark week, i would b super impaitent rite now lol, ultimate air jaws is killin it rite now lol.

i practiced with the sliders and they seem fair to me but the more i overcome the learning curve, the more i find it easy to reak off long runs and shut the ai down, but im more than sure once this first tuner set hits that we may need to adjust sliders once more, then again once that patch comes out.

and im about to start inviting guys in our od for scrimmiges just to keep guys on alert/active but shark week may slow that proccess lol

3. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

There is a good chance he gets done this weekend. This would be nice.

4. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

gonna try the sliders this afternoon

5. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

I tried Matt10's Heisman sliders on OS. I was able to actually beat La. Tech (my litmus) without running completely away, but I was able to get up by 3 scores by the the 3rd qtr.

They moved the ball on me (they're a no-huddle Spread O) but sliders made it more difficult for them to score in the red-zone.

I'll copy and paste those here in a minute. The sliders are in favor of the USER as opposed to the CPU. Even though they may need some tweaking, I felt much better about our chances.

6. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

Here are his sliders. I used 7 min qtrs and I didn't change my rules to what he has here. I had a couple small changes like INT's to 0 for both teams. I'll try to post them later. Anything I changed was small.

Heisman, 9 mins, Slow game speed
    Player Min Speed Threshold: 35
    Rules: All 100 except False Start (65), Holding 50, Facemask 50, Clipping 50

Custom AI
    User/CPU
    QBA - 50/45 * seemed like I went 45/40 here
    PBL - 40/40
    WR Cat - 45/40 * 40/40
    RBA - 50/45
    RBL - 60/50
    Pass Cvr - 60/30
    Pass Rush - 60/30
    Interceptions - 30/35 * I definitely went 0's across the board here
    Rush Defense - 50/40 * seems like I went 50/50
    Tackling - 60/50 * "
    FGP - 50/50 * 40/40
    FGA - 0/45 * 40/45
    Punt PWr - 50/50 * 40/45
    Punt Accuracy - 50/30 ???
    Kickoff - 50/50

7. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

Also need to discuss minimum speed threshold.

I've only played it on 35 and game speed on Normal.

I've tinkered with minimum at 0 and kind of liked it. Anyone had any experience with this?

8. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

im not feeling that 0-thresh, games can get wayyyyyy outta hand with that great of a speed difference, hey, do we really need to favor hum in these sliders? jus asking, i'll try these out when i get home later. im just glad i can add play action to my offensive gameplanning again lol

9. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

Yes I think these are awesome.I not crazy about the threshold being zero.. We all become speed demons again..Just like last year

10. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

Ok. I didn't notice too much difference on the 0. Seemed like it slowed my DE's down a little. Only tried it for a couple qtrs. The 35 was fine with me. I've seen some recommend 25.

11. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

hey guys, luv's rosters are basically done, he's gonna release them tomorrow after he finishes proofing them, how will tis affect our od?/when is the next advance?

12. Itsnotagame

Itsnotagame Walk On

We get that roster get slider right we will be ready

13. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Sliders... My game against So Miss was way better than the original set up... Need to play one more game or so to really tell though I suppose.

14. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

Luvs rosters are out!

15. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Does this mean we're about ready?(y)