Rosters for 2012

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Brogowicz, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

I had my first look at the rosters. If you haven't seen them, you can catch them here:

I'm hopeful that we'll hear news of a launch-day update (already news on that) that includes updated default rosters (no news on that part yet). MSU's roster has some tough-to-swallow mistakes, which make me disappointed in the effort from EA). These include William Gholston (see Man Crush post) should be a SO DE in the mid-80's. He is a MLB that is rated in the low-70's. Terrible. And Jerel Worthy (DT) is projected to be (as high as) a top-10 pick in the NFL draft next season. They have him at an 83.

What is the history with the league's policy on rosters? EA announced (today) that there would be an update on release day and one new feature is the ability for the commish to manually edit rosters during the dynasty. This opens up a whole new world of options for us. I wouldn't want to get crazy with the edits, but (1) having the ability to make changes after we start the OLD is very nice and (2) it could open the door to awards, which reward a team/player with a ratings bump. It can also help us to maintain balance with the other schools should the CPU suck at doing so again.

2. DC

DC Shake n Bake

We usually wait on a set of rosters not made by ea. Someone like luvtorha9s does a really good set

3. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Word on the street is love is grinding away and a ful division one set is likely after week or at week 2 post release

4. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

We'll just have to see what is available. I don't want to rush and grab the first set, nor do I want all the drama that inevitably comes from users editing their own teams (that can really get tricky).

I don't need to launch, but I don't want to wait forever for the "perfect" set, either. I think we give it enough time to get a set with reasonable changes, and then we go. With some of the info that's already out there, this should happen much sooner than last year, but I don't want to rush it.

5. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I dont want any one in our dynasty editing the rosters. College football perspective is impacted by your allegiance to the point that w are all homers. While I am sure you are all great guys and aren't out to screw everyone, you will most likely value your players differently than everyone else. I suggest we wait on a decent set and work on getting a good slider setup before we move along.

6. Koach Vonner

Koach Vonner Walk On

Does anyone have word on where we are as far as Rosters? What's Luv's official name/page?

7. DC

DC Shake n Bake

8. Big D

Big D Walk On

How long do you think it will take for us to start? A couple weeks....a month? Longer?

9. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Shouldn't be longer then 2 weeks I assume

10. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

With some of the rosters already out (see the vid Ryno posted) some of the teams could be done (or at least named) on launch day. Whatever happens, I'm pretty sure it'll be fast compared to previous waits.

11. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

12. Big D

Big D Walk On

Cool okay.

13. DC

DC Shake n Bake

I know luvs is way ahead of where he was last year because they can name them over teambuilder now

14. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Just read on luvs site that his first set will have minimal to no rating changes. Version 2 will be rating changes

15. DC

DC Shake n Bake

It looks like luvs is gonna be awhile....all the progress he had was for nothing.

Here's my proposal, let me edit the rosters from an already named set. There will be zero homerism as I only want to make a few changes to my team. Which I will lost below. Basically you guys will post what you would like changed with evidence to back it up. Like a rivals link showing their 40 time. I will then compare that and other players already on the game with similar stats.

If you guys think that'd be a good idea let me know.

Ark changes: we cobi hamton speed increase
    Reason: track athlete runs 4.4 has 80 speed in game
    Add 2-3 incoming freshman LBs and one juco

16. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I would rather wait on Luv's or at least an outside set. I said before letting someone inside do the rosters is tough.

17. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

+1

What's his ETA?

18. bdub

bdub Walk On

Agreed, I don't think any of us should be doing the roster's for our team.

19. jca312

jca312 Walk On

I have a set that we got for CoC. You guys can check them out, they're from gamerosters.com.

PSN: gamingtailgate

From a cursory look, they're ok.

20. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

That's what I might use for The Pride... I'm already using it for my offline Coaching Carousel...

21. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I want to avoid self-tinkering as much as humanly possible. There's just no way to guarantee the integrity of the set if we allow it. Now, some small things might be agreed upon by the group, but this stuff should be position changes, height-weight, etc. I don't want us touching ratings unless we absolutely have to, and then, I'll want it done by someone other than the coach who could benefit from it.

But that's all unlikely to happen. I think major conference edits won't take too long, and then we'll go.

22. jca312

jca312 Walk On

You should check out the file in gamingtailgates locker. They did all of the coaches and some minor tweaks I guess. I guess there is some video about their process at gamerosters.com. I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, just what I was told.
    Check them out and see what you think.

23. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

If it looks good, I can see launching reasonably soon. We'll be a couple of seasons in before the actual season begins, so accuracy is something we're just not going to get. However, by that time, it won't matter, as the guys who are not accurate will most likely already be gone. A decent named set with some attention to detail (getting the guys in the right positions, and reasonably close to actual abilities) is about all we need. Besides, I'm gettin' itchy.

24. bdub

bdub Walk On

I am using these for my offline dynasty and they seem good so far.