Rosters for the OD

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Roggie, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Would you guys like to use the OS Community Rosters V1, or wait until they come out with V2 with all of the re-rates? Right now it's just minor re-rates and equipment done.

2. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

Im ready to get this party started, but i dont mind waiting either.

3. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I'd be down with the first version. I think we should all just submit our ratings edit suggestions for our own teams for the other members to vote on. If we all are making small tweaks to our teams anyway I think we would be good not waiting for the ratings version.

4. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

I agree. I'm itching to get this started. The ratings for the first roster set is pretty well done IMO. After we all do our own minor edits to our own teams, I think we should get the ball rolling.

5. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

I know one thing...for florida powell is awful. He was a DE coming out of HS and was even recruited to play TE. He caught the only TD pass in the under armor game from the TE Pos. if i remember correctly. But the roster has him as a slow LB. He is the starting DE at Florida and is only at LB when we are in the 3-4.

6. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    That's why we're allowing players to be edited pre dynasty. There's a few guys I've seen out of position that need to be changed.

Also, when the OD is started, MAKE SURE you look at your team. Names that are showing up in the roster are X'd out in the OD. Eddie Whitley (Va Tech FS) and Ronald Powell are both having their last name X'd out for some random reason. Also hearing the name Russell is blocked out.

7. footballfan952

footballfan952 Walk On

Yeah I really appreciate the community rosters but they butchered Michigans runningbacks. Vincent Smith, Michigans first or 2nd best running back is the #5 running on the roster. The kicker (the incoming freshmen, not Brockheisen) is rated way too low as well as some other incoming 4 star freshmen (Justice Hayes, Brennen Bayer, Blake Countess)

8. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

How are we doing the re-rates. Do we need to post them in this thread and allow the commish to change them pre dynasty set up?

9. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Have you seen Michigan's kicking game? Deserves a HORRIBLE rating.

@Cgreen: I can't edit any team but my own in an OD. We'd pass the roster around beforehand.

10. footballfan952

footballfan952 Walk On

Not the incoming freshmen kicker. He's good.

11. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Meh, he's a freshman. He'll have time to develop. But it's a curse lately. Every U of M kicker sucks.

12. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

Well what rosters are we using...CCAARRSSOONNSS3 from OS is what I have right now...and Im currently moviing positions around they have alot of people out of place. Im not changing ratings right now though.

13. kmaxhokie

kmaxhokie Walk On

I get back in town tomorrow so I can take a look at Tech's roster and see a few things to change.

14. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    That's what it looks like we'll be using.

15. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

well if you want to get the roster from me to take a look at my changes i uploaded it now. I mainly just moved players to the positions they were supposed to be at and didnt change any ratings. I changed s. alli bc i moved him to reciever...and i used an unheard of center and made robert clark bc he was left off the roster, but i mirrored all of his ratings that were on the pastapadre roster. I also downgraded j. howard bc he shouldnt be the starter at his position. Anyone can get the roster from me and see if you all aprove of my changes.

16. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

Changes to Florida fo those that didnt know.

17. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

Yeah I was actually making a few cosmetic changes on my rosters and post on here to start passing it around to people. But if PRUDENT has already made changes I can always go back and re-do them.

So I guess we've officially started passing the roster file around? If so, as long as PRUDENT used Carson3's as a base, is in THE PRUDENT's (cgreen214) locker.

When you do your changes, post on here so somone will know which person to download from, then that person can post the updated file is in their locker, etc.

18. Mcwoods06

Mcwoods06 Walk On

I'M in favor of getting the show on the road. We have rosters and a nice game to play with a good group of gamers. So let's crank this dynasty up and let the best team win. You can't win games in a chat room/forum. Let's take it to the sticks and get the party started.

Just my 2 cents!! For what it's worth.....

19. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Still looking for sliders to use. Don't want to play one game with them, have a good game, and start, then find out that they suck. Did that earlier. One game, was happy (even went 14-16 passing). Next game ECU blew me out. Competed every pass. Broke more tackles than I've ever seen. Picked off passes that Nnamdi Asomugha couldn't defend.

20. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

Dude we can make our own sliders....I did it last year and everyone in my dyn ended up being extremely happy with them. Play week one and adjust on the fly. ask members what they think needed to be changed and adjust as we go.....like say week one 5 users had trouble running adjust run blocking by five or cpu tackling...things like that. That way we make a dyn that "our" users like...bc everyone will have diff opinions about os and other sliders..just an idea.

21. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

That just gets the dyn started and allows us to adjust on the fly..from a base slider set. But other people need to adjust their teams....and get it approved...have you looked over my florida adjustments yet?

22. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    There's more reasons than just sliders that make me want to wait. ODs are a MESS right now, with all the glitches. No reason to start now and have to deal with all of them. Plus, OS just put out rosters with coach settings.

23. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Rosters are up in my locker room. TCU, UNC, USC, Miami, and Florida's rosters are updated.

For TCU, just put people at their real position (minus the DBs, because they weren't close to real life), and bumped up a couple of freshmen ratings (58 overall 3 star up to 65, 70 4 star to 74, and I think that was it. Put them in line with incoming freshmen in new recruits.)

24. footballfan952

footballfan952 Walk On

Rosters are in for me now too. Upload from me

25. kmaxhokie

kmaxhokie Walk On

Im about to hop on and take the rosters from footballfan, Ill edit this post when Im done and mention the changes.