Rosters Ready Thursday, What's our Launch date?

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by Emmdotfrisk, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

So over at OS, Fairdale King claims he will have his roster set done on Thursday. Here is a link to the thread.

http://www.operationsports.com/foru...-rosters-official-progress-update-thread.html

I personally would love to get started next week, but let's start testing some things out to uncover any issues we may have.

JR is launching the test dynasty tonight. Let's report to this thread with any issues we find here in the next few days.

2. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

The sooner we start the better for me... We basically need rosters, sliders, and a format consensus

3. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

I'm for starting Monday morning. That give us the weekend to get format & sliders down plus anything that needs to be address when we do the dry run tonight.

4. Emmdotfrisk

Speaking of Sliders...

I played some games last night with Zero Threshold and didn't notice a huge difference outside of Fast WR's torching slower WR's. It seems that with in stride catching, acceleration matters more. With Zero Thresh elite or fast WR's will be King. I am undecided here, and want to do some testing.

5. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    With Drifter, I know he will worry about sliders.:)

6. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I haven't played the game yet, so it's hard for me to comment on sliders and the effectiveness thereof. I'm sure there will be some preliminary sets out by the end of the week.

We probably won't be starting Thursday. I said this last year, we get through too many seasons to rush into it.

7. Emmdotfrisk

I am kind of a slider guy too. I like them to be close to default with some minor tweaks. My first reaction was the CPU on default AA was too easy.

8. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

We also need to figure out the CC as well, and that will take some tinkering. Thursday seems a bit rushed.

What could be fun is an in-season night this Sunday night. Maybe kickoff the season Sunday night, and everyone commit to being online for a few hours and maybe doing preseason tasks, play week 1, and get to week 2.

Could be a lot of fun.

• Like Like x 4
  9. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

That's a good idea. I'd be down for that on Sunday.

I trust Drifter and his sliders. Drifter, if you want, you could post preliminary sliders on here, then we could play against the CPU and see what the rest of the league states.

10. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

i believe he just renames them and doesn't adjust anything...Isn't TSO doing a roster project..

11. Emmdotfrisk

don't expect those to be done until September

12. theSANDMAN215

We were talking tonight and since Keller doesn't have Internet until Monday, we could still go ahead and start Sunday if everyone is cool with it. Then, we could wait for Keller to play on Monday.

We just need to iron out the wrinkles on what we are doing with CC and stuff.

13. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I heard some are supposed to be done sometime before next week..

14. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Couldn't agree more. We (the Crop) are starting out on Heisman with some minor tweaks. Feel really good and realistic...but tough, and rightfully so.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Yeah - I apologize in advance if TIME WARNER FUCKING SUCKS MY COCK and can't get me internet until Monday evening (between 4pm and 7pm EST allegedly.)

They were supposed to come out yesterday and set me up but apparently they had my old number on file - the number I told them to update when I scheduled the appointment to begin with - so when they called me there was no answer and so they never showed. La de fucking da. Asswipes.

So yeah - my life sucks and I'll be playing offline all weekend. FML.

Whatever the Deuce wants to do as far as starting, I'm fine with. If you guys want to wait for me - great. If not, I certainly understand - I'll hit the ground running as best I can.

16. Emmdotfrisk

no keller = no problem, haha

• Like Like x 1
  17. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I'm saying the same thing about you in the TMFL.

• Like Like x 1
  18. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Putting your best foot forward huh new guy.......:rolleyes:

19. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Im not sure with our teams, roster tweaks are going to be needed, unless someone wants to tweak my defense or offense by adding +5 in speed to to my entire team.

I was wondering if they are going to be editing the coaches as well? That would be really, really cool if we had the real coaches, and OC and DC.

20. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

The rosters that KillerNuts posted had the coaches and coordinators named.

21. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

yeah rosters tweaks for us simply arent necessary..... about the coaches, they are what they are.....

22. Emmdotfrisk

I like Hokie Effects better.

23. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Sarcasm??

24. theSANDMAN215

Yeah that KillerNuts roster file he uploaded has the correct head coaches and OC & DC.

I'm not really into the tweaks though because we go through so many seasons it doesn't matter at first.

I am pretty certain Pryor is off his, and Russell Wilson is on Wisconsin.

We just need to figure out how we are going to do our dynasty and all the rules that need to be in place with coaching carousel.

For instance, let's say I make it to California in the Pac-whatever, then I don't reach my goals and get fired. Let's say the only offers I have are Duke, Wake Forest, Baylor, and some non-BCS schools not in C-USA or the MAC. What would I do then to make the league still fun and balanced?

That's why I was wondering if Drifter, as commish, would have the capability of putting me on a team in one of the conferences we are using?

25. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

thats what we were trying to find out last night.... Lawdog is at 8 percent at eastern michgian and might get fired Year 1 in the test dynasty... i hoping it lets me advances, because if he gets fired but he can still pick his own team, then we should be ok to use the coaching carosel....