Rosters

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by lilmaggie, Jul 15, 2009.

1. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

Rosters

I have downloaded a partial roster file(Lanteri87), it has most of the top teams complete rosters. You guys can download it from me if you want. I can't vouch for its accuracy, but it is better than #'s. I assume the full rosters will be available by tomorrow or Friday.

2. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Assuming there is a set of named rosters done by this weekend, when do you think you wanna start?

3. lilmaggie

I'm ready. I want to get on with it. So my vote is for as soon as we get the rosters and decide on Difficulty level and Sliders.

4. tin cup

tin cup Walk On

Thanks, LETS GET STARTED..........

5. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

The game has me excited to get the dynasty rolling too!

However, I think we should wait for somewhat of a consensus here at TF on what rosters the other leagues will be using. Yeah there will be named rosters out in the next couple days, but that doesn't mean they'll be quality ones. And there won't be anything worse then getting to year 3 of the dynasty and realizing that your 5 star froshie from yr 1 wasn't in the game or isn't the caliber he should have been.

The moral of the story is patience now will pay dividends later. (y)
    haha

6. JRC 3

JRC 3 Guest

Going off of last year, don't really know but the rosters for Collosal Chicken were dead on....and I mean every team....he even updated teams during the season.

7. GoGators

I assume you're aware that the rosters you start a dynasty with are the ones that stay for good. You can't update a roster in a dynasty without restarting the dynasty.

Did you guys hear that there has been a patch announced for xbox 360 for tuesday already?

8. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I think we should get started as soon as we get a good verified named roster. I think that Lanteri87 might be the real deal. I tried downloading it from you last night and it said you didn't have a roster, and I tried to download it from Lanteri87 and it downloaded with no names. It would be cool to find one that I could use for matches until the dynasties start.

9. lilmaggie

I got it to work by turning off my xbox, then went straight to it on reboot and downloaded them. I just downloaded another one from him hoping to get more teams. I'm not sure how it works when you guys download from me. I have 4 different rosters. Do you pick which one? If you do, the lastest I named Take2. Hope that helps.

10. GoGators

I was just reading a post by drifter in the deuce and they are going to make changes to the named rosters when they come out to make sure each of their teams they will be using has the correct players on it. The current rosters coming out this weekend will have names but probably won't be very accurate as far as players goes. i.e. the wrong name on the wrong guy. So they are going to take a couple days to make sure they get that fixed. Doesn't sound like a bad idea to me.

11. Hokie Effect

Here's the link to Lan's roster update.

http://virtualsportsnetwork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26768

Looks like he is moving pretty quickly and as people catch mistakes, he has been updating the roster. His should be fairly accurate when completed. I think if everyone is in a consensus that their team looks good then we should start. If you need to make changes to YOUR team then post them and do so and we will download the updated roster. As long as no one is changing ratings, I think that sounds reasonable.

12. BDSDIGITAL

I'll take a look at my roster Saturday morning, verify everything and I'll be ready. I think we should finalize the recruiting and gameplay rule today or tomorrow and get started.

edit: I got the roster to work. Thanks lilmaggie.

13. Yeah it seems like we have a consensus to start when we get an accurate verified roster but the question is when that's gonna be, I agree with Gators that patience will pay dividends later but I'm just eager to get this dynasty rolling

14. BDSDIGITAL

After Season four it will be irrelevant or at least like 98% irrelevant and less and less relevant each season 2-4 as these dudes graduate. I'm not really sweating it. As long as it's at least respectably close I'm not worried about it. Just saying.

15. GoGators

Most of the other dynasties will be starting Tuesday I think. So as long as we are using the same rosters as the other leagues, I won't have any complaints.

16. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Is Lanteri already finished?

17. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

85/120

Should be done sometime tomorrow.

18. lilmaggie

I'm playing with Maryland, so I wouldn't have a clue if they were accurate or not. I don't really care as long as they relatively close. They won't be any better on Tuesday than they are now. Once Lanteri is finished, that's it. Tuesday is the patch day and I'm not sure exactly what it is for or if it will effect online dynasty.

19. GoGators

Hey guys, I just downloaded lentri87's rosters. He's got all the names up but there's still the issues with the freshman class. There were a couple on UF that I notified Lilmaggie about that he can change or else we can wait for someone else to update the entire rosters. This should hopefully be accomplished by Tuesday. I believe TF the duece is waiting on this as well.

PastaPadre.com has released his rosters also. He's usually pretty good about keeping them up to date and making new changes. Right now he only has the names too but there should be more updates in the next 72 hours.

20. Hokie Effect

If the updates go as planned, I suggest a Wednesday preseason task start date and Friday open up first week. Before we do finalize a start date I would like to possibly modify my shedule. Add a user game....not a huge fan of playing cpu. Let me know if anyone would be interested in a possible home/away series. I might also have to change my bye weeks around my vacation time.

21. Yeah Wednesday as a start date would fit me not sure about when everyone else wants to start, and I was also wondering how we are allowed to modify our schedules first year

22. Hokie Effect

League commish can change anyones non conference games and/or bye weeks. This way you can add more user games, but I haven't heard many people wanting to add any user games. I know I would like to; thought that was the whole point of having an online dynasty. Would need to decide before season starts though.

23. CapnCrunch

CapnCrunch Walk On

Im good for wednesday too.

24. BDSDIGITAL

Sounds good to me. I have Ducemac week 1. We should start a scheduling thread for user games. I can't play Friday nights ( I would say why but would get smoked by everyone ;) so maybe we could run saturday morning duce?

25. lilmaggie

I thinl it is stated somewhere on here that you can modify your schedule and have anywhere from 3-5 user games. Most will already have at least 3, I think Florida already has 5. We will wait on the patch, just in case we need it for the sliders. Tuesday night I will try to open this thing up. If I don't get to it Tuesday night, then definatly Wednesday night.