Rosters

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by ajtev21, Jun 30, 2011.

1. ajtev21

ajtev21 Walk On

Guys,

Looking at some other dynasties' threads it looks like there are some issues with the default rosters, as far as them being really wrong. Couple of thoughts to go along with that. One, we should probably wait a week for a set of rosters to be outputed that cover all these potential gaffs EA has made (know they need to because they are not 'real' rosters). Two, perhaps we should all do some research and send in our depth chart to the roster editors on this site. I doubt some of our teams will be the most focused on, and just thinking ahead before we are missing a key freshmen, or RS senior, etc. Just some thoughts.

2. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Will everyone have the game the first day? I know one guy who will have a good set of rosters out a day or 2 after release.

3. ajtev21

ajtev21 Walk On

I plan to, I think I'm going to reserve the game this week.

4. PSUEagle

PSUEagle Walk On

I'll have it on the 12th. but I'm going to be out of town from the 14th-17th (Arts Fest at PSU).

5. Twister18

Cool.

Will everone be able to have a quick "offseason" meeting on xbox live the 12th or 13th? I always like 8 cst so everyone doesnt have to hear me yell at the boys for very long.

6. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

Yeah I'll have it day one.

7. Bornthreat

Bornthreat Walk On

Day one as well.

8. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 Walk On

day one (midnight, to be honest lol)

9. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Still waiting till I get summoned to court to testify regarding stuff overheard in party chats :p

And yeah I should be available at that time. My 360 better be back by that point.

• Like Like x 1
  10. timroy85

timroy85 Walk On

I'll have it release day and will be available for the offseason meeting on whatever day is decided.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TN_Mike

TN_Mike Walk On

I'll have it on release day, but not until after work which ends 6-7pm and I'm on the west coast. If it's a problem, I might bounce early, release day only comes once a year!

12. TN_Mike

TN_Mike Walk On

Any word on the progress of the rosters? from your guy I mean.

13. timroy85

timroy85 Walk On

From what I'm reading, there may be a named roster without edits available tomorrow or Wednesday. Everything I read is that the default rosters are quite the mess, so we may want to wait a until a few days later for either the TSO community rosters or the OS community rosters.

It's looking like Friday is the day where the OS community rosters will be complete. That will include the edits for height, weight, etc.

IMO I think waiting a few days for accurate rosters is well worth it.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Nyydus

Nyydus Walk On

Agreed

15. Twister18

How about starting it tomorrow as we have to have a place to chat cause a party only holds 8 and then when we get good rosters, we start the Huddle officially.

• Like Like x 1
  16. timroy85

timroy85 Walk On

Agreed. Also, with custom playbooks, it wouldn't hurt to wait a few days for us to try things out and get everything where we want it. I don't even know if I'll be using it but I know some guys in this dynasty are really excited about it.

• Like Like x 2
  17. ajtev21

ajtev21 Walk On

I agree with this. Let wait for the official start until the good rosters come out late this week. I also would like that time to get my custom playbook in oRder

18. Twister18

I have the league set up but wont let me invite ya all until you have entered your online pass. Also I need to have friend requests sent before ya get the invite.

19. Twister18

Gents, I have a good set of named rosters with the coaches and without Pryor and Wilson to Wisky. No tranfer of the Wisky RB to Pitt though. Do you want to wait for a few more days or do you want to start tomorrow.

20. TN_Mike

TN_Mike Walk On

I'm down to start tomorrow.

21. Nyydus

Nyydus Walk On

These rosters have a lot of errors. I would like to wait a little longer for Fairdale or the OS Community Rosters so we can have a little more accuracy.

22. Twister18

What are some of the errors that you found?

23. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I'm waiting on OS Community Rosters for T3

24. timroy85

timroy85 Walk On

I think waiting for the OS roster is the best way to go. Also, I've read somewhere that there are overloads on the OD servers and people are having trouble advancing.

Also, I read on pastapadre (not always the best site, but this was interesting) that there is a custom playbook glitch.

I think it's in our best interest to wait on these things as the week goes on. The last thing we want to do is have to start over because of glitches.

• Like Like x 1
  25. timroy85

timroy85 Walk On

This is copy and pasted from pastapadre.com:

[​IMG]
    After only a few hours of official release the first major problem with NCAA Football 12 has been discovered. The Custom Playbooks feature – one of the most anticipated additions to NCAA 12 – appears to have a serious glitch that may lead many to decide the current best course of action is to disregard the feature completely in order to avoid experiencing the issue.
    Many are now reporting situations where within games their created playbooks display nothing but question marks or empty formations. The team then approaches the line of scrimmage in disarray with bizarre personnel groupings and the result is either a penalty or wasting a time out to prevent it. The instances may reoccur at random times throughout the game.
    I’ve spent further time today testing out some quick custom playbooks that I put together using different bases and numbers of formations/plays but still have not had this occur to me with any of them. There must be some manner in which the books are being structured or certain formations/plays causing the problem. What I have noted however is when using custom playbooks the post-play scenes and replays experience slowdown (become very stuttery) and the play call screen is not as smooth to scroll through.
    EA Sports is reportedly looking into the issue. Unfortunately should a fix need to be implemented via patch that could be a ways off. For the time being the wait would be a crushing blow to NCAA Football 12 with the loss of confidence in one of its premiere new features.