Rosters

Discussion in 'Freshmen Orientation' started by SFRANGER6969, Jul 4, 2013.

1. SFRANGER6969

SFRANGER6969 Walk On

Will we wait to pick up a named roster like from operation sports or will we just use the generate name feature??

Not sure how ncaa leagues work around here but would be nice to use a roster that has real names downside is usually takes about a week to get released

2. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

I think we are doing the named rosters..I've heard they should be done by release day since the people with season ticket will get a head start and they already have them in a file ready to go....

3. GDip

GDip Walk On

yes, names rosters for sure. it's the only way to go(y) whenever they're out we'll get started. last year it took 3 or 4 days after release for all teams to be named and roster corrections, so i'd expect the same this year

4. GDip

GDip Walk On

OS is now saying they WILL NOT have the rosters done this week and no word on an ETA for next week. so i'll leave this up to you guys do you want to wait, probably another week, or start our OD when fairdalekings finishes his rosters.

Fairdale just inputs the names of the guys that are already in game. There are no attribute changes or other edits.

OS will edit skin color, height, weight, home state and equipment of all players as well as naming. They WONT be adjusting skills.

So wait for another week or not?

nellycuz
    GDip
    RRAHx2
    Anthrax78
    Jonathan Applegate
    jay2149
    SFRANGER6969
    Hitmhrd72
    BrewBomber
    Aspect1
    Dase or Days
    SmashMouthFB33

5. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

I am fine either way.. I would rather just go with fake names and play now, but I know I am in the minority there. So put me down for whatever the majority decides G..

6. Aspect1

Aspect1 Walk On

I would rather wait.

7. SFRANGER6969

SFRANGER6969 Walk On

I would like to wait till rosters are done

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dase or Days

Dase or Days Walk On

I am in favor of making this as realistic as we can. I would like to wait till we can get the most accurate rosters at our disposal.

9. GDip

GDip Walk On

and they say our generation lacks patience!!!

10. Aspect1

Aspect1 Walk On

Lol

11. Jonathan Applegate

Jonathan Applegate Walk On

i say wait - i need to get some practice with these mustangs anyways

12. Hitmhrd72

Hitmhrd72 Walk On

Screw that! Let's get going......no really, let's get the rosters correct.

• Like Like x 1
  13. nellycuz

I say wait...maybe not till OS comes out but we can all check the rosters...either fair dale or I know pastepadre does some too...those will be just names and I think they should be pretty accurate...

14. jay2149

jay2149 Walk On

Wait Bitches

• Like Like x 1
  15. GDip

GDip Walk On

I've just found a roster sets that is 100% finished. They have a good handful of the transfers and position changes already accounted for that I've found. If anyone wants to take a look at them and see if there are any changes they would make I was thinking we could edit these as we see fit and then get started.

The more I read on OS rosters the longer the expectations are. Now people are talking closer to 2 weeks than 1. And quite frankly, that's too long to wait just so that player X is black, instead of white.

Like i said, now that the hard work is done, we can edit these on our own if you guys have strong knowledge of any teams or players.

If you want to look at it GT is: TheP1414

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  16. jay2149

jay2149 Walk On

i down
    I downloaded my rosters pdf just a second ago i could change mines but that up to every one else

17. RRAHx2

To make it easy I d'loaded some named rosters to my GT. Feel free to check those out if you want.

18. BrewBomber

BrewBomber Walk On

I would like to wait.

19. nellycuz

Both rosters I checked that were complete don't have a main transfer from ND on UC in QB Gunner Keil....I could live without him I guess if that's what majority want to do

20. GDip

GDip Walk On

what I was saying is if you notice something you can dl the roster. change it then we can use your new updated roster. or have another guy update it until everyones happy. The grunt work is done, if ppl just want a small change here or there we can do those ourselves

• Like Like x 1
  21. RRAHx2

I don't mind updating mine, I just need to know what needs to be done. Like who goes where, what ratings etc etc..

22. GDip

GDip Walk On

i would probably ban people from changing ratings, thats just too messy of a situation

23. RRAHx2

Yeah I agree.. ratings is too much speculation. If he is on another team's roster or something it can just be recreated.

24. nellycuz

I don't even think these rosters have the guy created yet as far as EA is concerned....do they put out any roster updates like madden?mif not I'm good w what we got

25. GDip

GDip Walk On

i don't think they do roster updates. but different online communities will do that for the next few months