1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Round Scores

Discussion in 'Archive' started by niuhuskie224, Mar 31, 2011.

1. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

I am constantly wondering how I am shooting compared to everyone else. How am I going to do on the tour here at TSO? Will I be the inaugural David Robinson Open Champion? Is my putting really as bad as I think?

I thought it would be a good idea to see how everyone is doing with there golf game so people can get an idea of where they stand as we get closer to the Par 3 challenge.

Post any way you want and let the discussion begin about how bad we all are still.

Don't go look at the EA Leaderboards or you may get a wee bit discouraged when you see someone at -22 for a round (yeah they may be on just Pro, but still)

2. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

I know this is for 3/31 but yesterday I shot the front 9 at Augusta National, shot the par 3 twice, played a full round at Pebble Beach, and started the career mode and shot the 9 holes at TPC San Antonio.

Results
    Par 3 course
    1st time through +6
    2nd time through +1

Pebble Beach
    +6

Front 9 at Augusta National
    +5

TPC San Antonio Career Mode

Putting is not going great. Trying to listen to the Caddy but some of his suggestions blow. Trying to get a feel for all the greens.

Has anyone felt like their caddy is getting better?

Also increased my putting and power rankings to over 40. Lots of 2 and 3 putt holes. I feel like 2 putt is mostly acceptable but the 3 putts have to go away for me to contend in any tournaments.

3. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

4. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Thanks

Just curious where I stand. So what have you done so for Knight? What have you shot?

5. ajtev21

ajtev21 Walk On

Great thread @nihuskie224

I have had success at some courses and struggled at some.

At East Lake I shot -4 the first day then E, E and +4 on Sunday. Those pin placements are tough Sunday.

At TPC Scottsdale, I finished the tourney -16. Won the tournement and it was the easiest course I've been on. I think anyone who has played golf game for awile has played TPC Scottsdale a lot; I think that's why I did so well.

I just played TPC San Antonio and got my ass kicked. combined the final two days +12. I think I need to take my time more. I rushed through those rounds, three putting a lot, not putting the ball in good position.

Whatever course is after TPC SA kicked my ass too.

Thought I had this game down and then it just kicked my ass. Back to the drawing board. And Augusta with the hardest settings? My buddy and I played online with those settings, both of us sucked.

I look at some of the online scores and wonder how the are so low, even on TOUR Pro. Not like -8, -9 low, like -18. Are we goin to avoid that happening in the TGA? I know I'm going to lose to people who can shoot the realistic scores but if you have to shoot -18 every round to win here, it will be a bit boring.

6. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

My best Round was a -3, forgot where though. I was all the way up to Q School but then hit a +5 at San Antonio and dropped back down to the NationWide tour. I have Whistling Straight up next (y)

7. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

I don't think the scores you see online are using tour pro. I just dont see how. I know right now my goal is to shoot consistently at -4 every round. I feel like -16 is what it will take over 4 rounds to win on the TSO Tour.

8. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Won the first Nationwide Tour event at -1. Then I was in the zone at the Freedom Tournament at Liberty National and finished the round -9. Got promoted to Q school but decided to do the training and sponsor challenge before and now taking a lunch break.

9. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

What settings are guys using? I've been playing on the 2nd hardest (not sure what its called). Am I using the right one? Only played a couple of rounds but my best was -2 at TCP Scottsdale. Putting has been difficult thus far for me.

10. ajtev21

ajtev21 Walk On

@recchem2000 if you're on TOUR Pro you are on the right setting.

The online score look like they are TOUR Pro. The Amature scores are like -26 and Pro are like -20. TOUR Pro I haven't seen any better than -18. Not sure if they set their players to all 10s or what the deal is.

11. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I haven't played that much, I've only played 2 rounds of 18. One with Ryno, Hova and Bond and shot +6 or more.

Really difficult to play this week because of my Senior Thesis paper and PowerPoint presentation due Monday

12. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I think thats the one im playing on. The hardest setting had no target or anything so I didnt think we would be playing on that one. I'll have to check tonight when I get home from work. Thanks for the info.

13. Hova

I just won at Whistling Straits, shot a -4

14. Jon Carroll

Jon Carroll Walk On

I agree with you. If we end up with people shooting -18 or something on TourPro perhaps they should be handicapped after X ammount of wins or X ammount of rounds they shoot like -14, to play the hardest difficulty level. It becomes very un-enjoyable if one person is beating the field by like 8 or 9 shots week in week out. I dunno what you guys think, but thats just my opinion.

15. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    My two rounds (first two courses in career mode)
    +7

16. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

I'm playing on tour pro difficulty. At Q school I go into the 18th at Atlanta AC at +5 tied for 32 overall. Birdied 18 to finish +4 and in a tie for 23rd overall.

Yes I just earned my PGA Tour Card.

I love this game.

17. Hova

I got my PGA Card after winning Whistling straights, I guess because I won 2 nationwide rounds. I skipped Q School

18. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Im still putzin' around the Nationwide Tour. Hope to get a few more rounds in tonight and this weekend to get a better feel for putting.

19. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    On Tour Pro? Nice.

20. Hova

Ya my first win was -3

My 2nd was a -5 at straits. I got real lucky on a chip in eagle to push me to the lead.

I was in Q School before at Atlanta, but fell out of the top 25. After winning straits at nationwide I was awarded my card

21. grundlebug

grundlebug Walk On

My first career event (at East Lake) I finished -6 and won the tourney. My first Nationwide event I finished tied for 12th at +6 or something like that.

@ajtev21 your tournaments are 4 days? is this career mode? the two that I have played have only had one round each. Is there a setting I need to adjust?

I haven't really been able to play much the past few days, but I'm hoping to get a few rounds in tonight.

22. Hova

Once you get your PGA card you get to choose how many rounds each tournament is. I chose 3

23. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

@Basis4aDay56 are we still doing 4 round tournaments? have you guys talked about any other things with regard to the PGA tour?

24. timroy85

timroy85 Walk On

I've been flying through the career mode due to me being absolutely obsessed with the game. I have won 3 out of 9 PGA tournaments and just when I thought I was getting really good at the game, the British Open came. I battled to shoot Even for the 4 days and it was the toughest Tournament/course I've played. The very next tourney is the "Welsh Championship" and I am Even through 2 rounds where the wind is gusting at 24 MPH (I have it set to real weather).

I'm really streaky in this game. I'll shoot 3-4 Birdies in a row and then turn around and Double Bogey and Bogey a hole back to back. In the 2 majors I've been able to play (didn't qualify for the Masters) I finished -4 in the U.S. Open (good for 7th) and T60th at the British Open. I won The Player's Championship (aka the 5th Major in my mind) and got a sweet 30,000 XP.

I'm loving this game and I can't wait for the TGA Tour to start!

25. gigemaggs99

gigemaggs99 Walk On

I'm on TOUR PRO all the way baby, only way to play if you ask me.

I've been slowly building my guy up, so far I have these settings built up: 46, 45, 39, 36.

I won the first AM Tour Event with a +3 (73)

Nationwide Tour, first event, shot +9 and tied for 27th. 2nd Event, +3 tied for 7th. I'm supposed to finish in the top 10 in 3 events to advance to Q-School.

Still can't beat those individuals, they smoke me.

I did beat the addias sponsor challenge.

Stats so far:

3 tournys played

avg score 76.0

Avg putts: 1.8

Driving avg: 253

Longest Drive: 304

Driving Accuracy: 60%

GIR %: 64%

Longest Putt: 37'

Holes in one, double eagles: 0

Eagles: 1

Birdies: 22